PDA

View Full Version : HDNET Fights Dec 15th at the AAC

wesman
11-09-2007, 01:22 PM
Crawford(or was it Garrett ??:hammer::hammer: :rll:) and I were talking last night about HDNet Fights at the meeting and I got this email message today from them about their card on Dec 15th.

I get the chance to purchase pre-sale tickets because I'm a Mavs season ticket holder, but the last event didn't sell out and I waited and ended up getting tickets at half price about a week before the event.

If anyone is interested in possibly going to this let me know. I had a group of 10 go last time and it was a great time. A couple of the guys I train with were fighting on the last card, not sure how many more fights will be added to this one.

Just checking interest at this point.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
HDNet Fights: Reckless Abandon - Main Event Confirmed

Sean Salmon vs. Jason "Mayhem" Miller.

http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001wNJS4sv3gKM2NHxVPM7TdITBEGZIFA_pbPUETj xesQTlkpdw13nEW9ED7robszWi0E0qqLqm52aczPcYDvQxlkES Qkys8-tVKnE7vBjAbQHdgRbhiyOOtg==

Keep up with our Web site for the most up-to-date fight card.

Visit www.hdnetfights.com (http://www.hdnetfights.com) for updated info.

Ticket Information

Tickets will go on sale to the general public next Friday, November 16. But you can take advantage of the pre-sale, from Tuesday, Nov. 13 until Thursday, Nov. 15. Simply enter "Mayhem" into the promo box at Ticketmaster. Follow the link here

--wes

Crawford
11-09-2007, 01:50 PM
Wes,

That was me talking about the fight. I got the same info you have from the mailing list... went out today I believe. I am all in it. Question is, do we buy now or wait and see if there is a discount?

Crawford

wesman
11-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Wes,

That was me talking about the fight. I got the same info you have from the mailing list... went out today I believe. I am all in it. Question is, do we buy now or wait and see if there is a discount?

Crawford

Hehe, yeah I remember it was you. Just poking fun at the fact that until last night I thought Crawford and Garrett were the same person :hammer:

I say we wait it out. I doubt it will sell out so we shouldn't have an issue with getting tickets. Once I get info from TicketMaster about the discount tickets I'll let you know. If there isn't anything a week or so before the event we could just go buy then.

--wes

03LightningRocks
11-09-2007, 04:52 PM
Wes....

Off topic...but sort of on topic question. I assume you are speaking of MMA when you say training. Where are you training at?

wesman
11-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Wes....

Off topic...but sort of on topic question. I assume you are speaking of MMA when you say training. Where are you training at?

I was training at SouthSide MMA but a few guys have branched out and created a new school called 360MMA. I'll begin training there on Mon.

I mainly train Judo and BJJ now and will add in some Muay Tai, I used to train in Karate for 8 years back when I was teen.

--wes

Crawford
11-09-2007, 05:33 PM
I have been training in Beerjitsu for 17 years. At one time I was pretty damn good at it. Thought about going pro actually but the competition is pretty fierce and I didnt want to put my health in further risk. Now days I only train 2-3 times per week just to keep it fresh. Every year or two I participate in a Century Club or two just to let everyone know I still own. :icon_cool:

98Cobra
11-09-2007, 05:39 PM
I have been training in Beerjitsu for 17 years. At one time I was pretty damn good at it. Thought about going pro actually but the competition is pretty fierce and I didnt want to put my health in further risk. Now days I only train 2-3 times per week just to keep it fresh. Every year or two I participate in a Century Club or two just to let everyone know I still own. :icon_cool:

2-3 times a week? Since when? How come you never train with me? :D

03LightningRocks
11-09-2007, 06:09 PM
My daughters boyfriend was training with Guy Metzger (sp) who runs a place called the Lions Den. They are hooked up with the HDnet group. He (daughters boyfriend) had to stop training about a month ago due to work scheduling issues. He is planning to resume his training by the end of the year.

Very cool Wes...so when are we going to see your first public appearance?

03LightningRocks
11-09-2007, 06:10 PM

:rll::rll::rll:

Crawford
11-10-2007, 07:52 PM

Well I do my Thursday happy hour. The rest of the training is done at home. :icon_mrgreen:

Mark #2
11-10-2007, 08:54 PM
I have been training in Beerjitsu for 17 years. At one time I was pretty damn good at it.

Yes you were.;)
Sorry I missed you guys on Thursday, I didn't get out of a re-org meeting until 7pm.

Silver_2000
11-10-2007, 11:18 PM
I figured it was cause you both got married ... :evil:gatling:

wesman
11-11-2007, 12:59 AM
My daughters boyfriend was training with Guy Metzger (sp) who runs a place called the Lions Den. They are hooked up with the HDnet group. He (daughters boyfriend) had to stop training about a month ago due to work scheduling issues. He is planning to resume his training by the end of the year.

Very cool Wes...so when are we going to see your first public appearance?

Cool, yeah Metzger is in fact the "street cred" for HDNet, he's basically the "face guy" for the company. He basically took over the Lions Den when Shamrock moved out to CA/NV.

I doubt I'll ever make a public appearance. I've been in more "street fights" than you would ever guess but the MMA guys just don't pay enough for me to take it seriously in the sense of training hard enough to make it a worthwhile venture.

I enjoy the training, it helps keep me in shape but I'm past the point in my life that I'd think about going in there and making a run at something. I sure do enjoy choking someone out tho....the best part is talking to them and walking them through it while you're about to do it :twitch:

--wes

wesman
11-11-2007, 01:02 AM

lol...that's my problem, I'm much more versed in beerjitsu than jui jitsu:icon_mrgreen:

Only been rolling BJJ for 2 years, I've been a black belt at beerjitsu since my Army days :beer::bows

--wes

03LightningRocks
11-11-2007, 04:11 AM
Cool, yeah Metzger is in fact the "street cred" for HDNet, he's basically the "face guy" for the company. He basically took over the Lions Den when Shamrock moved out to CA/NV.

I doubt I'll ever make a public appearance. I've been in more "street fights" than you would ever guess but the MMA guys just don't pay enough for me to take it seriously in the sense of training hard enough to make it a worthwhile venture.

I enjoy the training, it helps keep me in shape but I'm past the point in my life that I'd think about going in there and making a run at something. I sure do enjoy choking someone out tho....the best part is talking to them and walking them through it while you're about to do it :twitch:

--wes

Pretty much the same story with the daughters BF. He just turned 30 and doesn't feel he could ever make any real money at it. Mostly doing it for the work out part. He spent a few years doing the professional wrestling bit and never made it beyond indy level. Getting paid fifty bucks for getting beat to shit in the ring got old for him.

I don't know about the money part. I see MMA getting more and more popular. A few years ago I would say something about watching or going to an MMA event and most people would give me the white trash treatment. If MMA becomes more mainstream, I think the money could very well follow.

Another fellow we know that does some MMA is BJ Turner. real cool guy and one tough little sum bitch. He was the guy who hooked the daughters BF up with Metzger.

Small world. :beer:

Crawford
11-11-2007, 11:30 PM
Yes you were.;)
Sorry I missed you guys on Thursday, I didn't get out of a re-org meeting until 7pm.

No problem man. Next one there shall be no excuses!

03LightningRocks
11-19-2007, 08:12 PM
Went ahead and got tickets. Section 107 row K. Seats 1,2 and 3. Not great...but not bad either. Sum bitches have tickets on the floor left for 300 bucks a pop. Too much for this event...IMHO. Maybe I will see some of you fellers there.

wesman
11-20-2007, 12:09 AM
Went ahead and got tickets. Section 107 row K. Seats 1,2 and 3. Not great...but not bad either. Sum bitches have tickets on the floor left for 300 bucks a pop. Too much for this event...IMHO. Maybe I will see some of you fellers there.

Well, there will be some shuffling of the fights. Sean Salmon was in the Strikeforce tournament card over the weekend and got stretched....he was twitching etc, so he'll be "suspended" from fighting for ~6 months because of the KO. So, they'll have to come up with a sub to fight Mayham in the main event.

--wes

03LightningRocks
11-20-2007, 12:31 AM
Well, there will be some shuffling of the fights. Sean Salmon was in the Strikeforce tournament card over the weekend and got stretched....he was twitching etc, so he'll be "suspended" from fighting for ~6 months because of the KO. So, they'll have to come up with a sub to fight Mayham in the main event.

--wes

Sh!t...that sucks. I was reading the forums on HDNet and they are talking like he(Salmon) may be done for good. Is there a clip of the KO anywhere?

wesman
11-20-2007, 12:40 AM
Sh!t...that sucks. I was reading the forums on HDNet and they are talking like he(Salmon) may be done for good. Is there a clip of the KO anywhere?

Lemme look around and see if i can find it.

Yeah. he may be done for good. He's been viciously KO'd twice this year. He's had a crazy busy year, he's fought 9 times this year.

--wes

wesman
11-20-2007, 01:04 AM
Lemme look around and see if i can find it.

Yeah. he may be done for good. He's been viciously KO'd twice this year. He's had a crazy busy year, he's fought 9 times this year.

--wes

Hmmm...all the places I usually get fights from seem to have had their videos taken down due to copyright issues with West Coast Productions :flaming:

--wes

03LightningRocks
11-20-2007, 01:55 AM
Hmmm...all the places I usually get fights from seem to have had their videos taken down due to copyright issues with West Coast Productions :flaming:

--wes

Yeah...sherdog forums doesn't have it either. There was this picture of the blow. It really doesn't look like it caught him in the head as much as it did on the neck, just behind the ear. Can you imagine if they somehow allow him to fight. We may see a fighter get killed on Dec. 15th. I guess his camp hasn't made a lot of comments on it yet. From reading the thread on sherdog about it, his brother made a comment about over reacting. http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=680677

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/5087-SantiagoSalmon077SF7.jpg

wesman
11-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Looks like they replaced Salmon with Tim Kennedy from the IFL. This will be a much better fight than the original, Salmon would have gotten dominated. Kennedy already has a decision win over Mayhem. Looking forward to this one.

--wes

03LightningRocks
11-24-2007, 12:22 AM
Sounds like a good fight. I came across this vid while messing around on sherdog. Funny and at the same time makes you say..OH SH!T alot...LOL.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3j2z9_ktfox2_extreme

wesman
11-24-2007, 01:46 AM
Sounds like a good fight. I came across this vid while messing around on sherdog. Funny and at the same time makes you say..OH SH!T alot...LOL.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3j2z9_ktfox2_extreme

lol...that's my avatar on several of the MMA forums.

--wes

03LightningRocks
11-24-2007, 01:51 AM
lol...that's my avatar on several of the MMA forums.

--wes

That's funny. I lurk on several of those forums, I just never post on them.

03LightningRocks
11-24-2007, 01:57 AM
Oh...by the way. Apparently there was a video of Salmon getting KO'ed on U Tube. I found it, but when I click it, I get the message that it is no longer available. Somebody doesn't want it being shown...IMHO. Pizzes me off. I would liked to have seen the vid from the start to the finish. From the short clip of the blow in the vid above, it looks like a pretty good blow. Santiago seemed to be moving at Salmon pretty quick and hard.

The kick by Rashad Evans was great. I got to see that one when it actually happened. It looked like he was trying to kick his head out into the audience...LOL.

Crawford
12-12-2007, 09:29 PM
I am not sure if anyone is trying to make this a function at this point or not but I am not going to be able to go. Wife's Christmas party is Saturday night. Looks like I am going to be 0-2 vs. HDNet Fights. KO by wedding then KO by Christmas party. Maybe the third time will be a charm! If any of you bastards are still going I expect a full report on my desk on Monday morning!

wesman
12-15-2007, 05:54 PM
I'm going tonight, there will be 4 in my group. We're also meeting up with a few of the guys that I train with. Another guy that I train with (Liam) will be fighting tonight, should be a good fight against House.

I never got a 50% off coupon, but if you use the code "MAVS" you can get $10 off a ticket.

--wes

wesman
12-16-2007, 05:08 PM
Had a great time, there were some very good fights. It was definitely a improvement over the last show. They had some big names there last night too...Andre Arlovski, Dan Henderson, Randy Couture, Matt Lindland
etc

Liam (the guy I train with) won again.

Overall a very good show, ofthe 10 fights only one of them went the distance and that was the main event, and it was an exciting fight throughout.

--wes