PDA

View Full Version : L runin lean and rough????

nacklas
11-14-2007, 08:19 PM
This topic was on the forum awhile back buti had no luck in finding it. And I talk to Terry bout it. I switch out trucks over the wkend and my dad washed the L and the engine:flaming: and every since then it has ran like crap:vomit:. Runnin lean and rough. I took out the coil packs and blew out what I could but it still runs the same. Any suggestins!!!! Thanks:tu:

L8 APEX
11-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Did you remove ALL of the coil packs? Was there water in them? a few of the may have burned up. Unplug them one by one to find which cylinder is missing.

nacklas
11-14-2007, 08:58 PM
Did you remove ALL of the coil packs? Was there water in them? a few of the may have burned up. Unplug them one by one to find which cylinder is missing.

Yeah I did and I did not see any water come out when I blew it out with air. Some of them looked like there was some rust on the outside of the coil packs. when I unplug them one by one..just keep the L runnin at idle to see which cylinder is missing?

L8 APEX
11-14-2007, 09:28 PM
As long as it is missing you can. Either by power braking it etc. I don't know what else could miss from getting wet. Don't loan your truck to asshats that hose the engine down with water:icon_eek:

nacklas
11-14-2007, 09:35 PM
I'll check it out and get back to you. Yeah i guess sometimes u learn things the hard way:hammer:. I called him and ripped into him for doing that. Thats the last time!!!

L8 APEX
11-14-2007, 09:45 PM
My dad borrowed my L once without asking. I was using his truck to haul so he felt entitled to use mine. He just went up the road to get a hair cut. As soon as he told me I went out and looked at the bumper cover. Yep the only scratch ever put on my truck was by him. I told him if he would have asked I would have told him to watch the front end. He made a smart comment about it being a truck and not knowing it was low like a car. He never drove it again.

nacklas
11-14-2007, 10:02 PM
Damn that sucks!!! Yeah he did pretty much the samething some smart remark. Like if it where a real truck something to that nature. I told him to pretty piss off :flaming:. Thanks Terry for your insight!

danielvalles1
11-14-2007, 10:48 PM
As long as it is missing you can. Either by power braking it etc. I don't know what else could miss from getting wet. Don't loan your truck to asshats that hose the engine down with water:icon_eek:
so what would you recommend for cleaning the engine i now ass hat question but what is the right way to clean the engine so it doesnt screw up:icon_question:

danielvalles1
11-14-2007, 10:49 PM
Hope you get your truck fixed Nick:tu:

L8 APEX
11-14-2007, 11:01 PM
I washed mine on a hill with a warm engine. Most of the water would run off and the heat would evaporate the rest. Older engines with worn out coil pack boots leak water where new ones don't. I used a diluted simple green and water hose and let it sit dry. I wash my diesel with a fire hose nothing can snuff it out.

danielvalles1
11-14-2007, 11:11 PM
cool i will try that method from now on thanks ''T'':tu:

tiffo60
11-15-2007, 08:55 AM
it happened to mine everytime i washed it, the cooler it is outside the longer it takes for the coilpacks to dry out, im willing to bet if you give it a few days it will be back to normal:tu:

TXLIGHTNING
11-15-2007, 01:03 PM
it happened to mine everytime i washed it, the cooler it is outside the longer it takes for the coilpacks to dry out, im willing to bet if you give it a few days it will be back to normal:tu:+1 Give it a couple of days with normal driving and as long as none of the coil packs went out it should dry out.

nacklas
11-15-2007, 06:44 PM
Thats what im goin to do....i hope it works!!!! thanks guys for ur input! Just when I get the L runnin good some asshat ( like Terry would say) jacks it up.

03LightningRocks
11-16-2007, 12:03 AM
Do you really think your dad is an ass hat?

danielvalles1
11-16-2007, 12:13 AM
Do you really think your dad is an ass hat?
my dad would run me over if i said that:evil