PDA

View Full Version : Hello, New to the forums here...

CWJameson
11-20-2007, 07:55 PM
I live in mesquite tx in the DFW Area im looking to find a shop who can..

Get me these items..

(Installed)4-6lb Lower Pulley
NGK TR6 (INstalled)
Dyno Tune
Hand Held tuner...

MAF SCT 2400 or 2600

and a dyno showing the before and after of the work...

Any reliable places in DFW?

L8 APEX
11-20-2007, 08:03 PM
I do plugs and pullies from home I don't have a dyno. Here is a list of TALON recommended dynos, painters etc..
http://www.talonclub.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34

CWJameson
11-20-2007, 08:13 PM
Where bout's are you located

and do you know any safe canned tunes?

(new to this whole EFI stuff)

last car was a 77 Corvette

haha

L8 APEX
11-20-2007, 09:30 PM
Send me an email with what your needs are.

mikelemoine
11-20-2007, 11:05 PM
Terry if you end up working a deal with Jameson let me know. Maybe you can hit us both at the same time, I'd be glad to host here in Mesquite....

TXLIGHTNING
11-21-2007, 01:30 PM
Terry's your man, he does top notch work. And welcome to the club :beer:.

Silver_2000
11-22-2007, 09:00 AM
Jameson has a million questions - Guys please help him ... I'm at my 10 PM limit

How long is to long on the WOT?
over 15 seconds?

you want how much timing?

Stock Eaton = 8 pounds of boost.
4lb lower pulley = 12 and 1-2 from cold weather and cold air intake gives u 14 isn't that safe on the boost side?

L8 APEX
11-22-2007, 10:31 AM
Nothing pisses me off more than someone asking me 20 questions only to ignore them and ask 20 other people on the forum the same thing. I have replied to no less than 30-40 emails from him the last two days. He is a like a broken record I guess my answers are not good enough for him.:rolleyes:

I have told him that modified Lightnings are seneitive to cold air and high speed runs. It may blow up if you hold it to the floor in cold air plain and simple. He remarked how many 140 runs he has made already.
We cannot predict how many seconds you can hold it to the floor before it blows, don't ask that. I tune them as safe as I can but the fact is the Lightning is a 5000 pound truck it is a red light warrior. It was designed for 0-60 0-80 battles not running down crotch rockets and Corvettes down the freeway at 120+. That makes at least the 5th time I have explained this to you. So decide if you want a Lightning or a sports car.
With just a 4# and tune you are not making that much power it will be pretty durable. But it is still not a good idea to flog it down the highway in cold air. Those are the plain and simple facts of Lightning ownership. I have quite a few customers running 460+hp on stock blocks for many years. All of them are responsible and respect the limits. They use it at the track or from 0-80. I guarantee of any of them held it to the floor down I-20 on a day like this when it is 39 degrees they would not make it two miles. The Lightning is not a dummy proof bullet proof engine. You must respect it and take care of it.

parts truck
11-23-2007, 07:58 AM
:bows

TXLIGHTNING
11-23-2007, 04:21 PM
Nothing pisses me off more than someone asking me 20 questions only to ignore them and ask 20 other people on the forum the same thing. I have replied to no less than 30-40 emails from him the last two days. He is a like a broken record I guess my answers are not good enough for him.:rolleyes:

I have told him that modified Lightnings are seneitive to cold air and high speed runs. It may blow up if you hold it to the floor in cold air plain and simple. He remarked how many 140 runs he has made already.
We cannot predict how many seconds you can hold it to the floor before it blows, don't ask that. I tune them as safe as I can but the fact is the Lightning is a 5000 pound truck it is a red light warrior. It was designed for 0-60 0-80 battles not running down crotch rockets and Corvettes down the freeway at 120+. That makes at least the 5th time I have explained this to you. So decide if you want a Lightning or a sports car.
With just a 4# and tune you are not making that much power it will be pretty durable. But it is still not a good idea to flog it down the highway in cold air. Those are the plain and simple facts of Lightning ownership. I have quite a few customers running 460+hp on stock blocks for many years. All of them are responsible and respect the limits. They use it at the track or from 0-80. I guarantee of any of them held it to the floor down I-20 on a day like this when it is 39 degrees they would not make it two miles. The Lightning is not a dummy proof bullet proof engine. You must respect it and take care of it. Very well said Terry :bows

CWJameson
11-23-2007, 06:13 PM
:rll:

Mr Cole seems upset with me for wanting to get everyone's opinion on different matters.

Well I apologize for any inconvience this might have caused you..

But I like to look listen learn and ask as many questions as i can and get as many answers from different people as i can to better understand what i am getting myself into..

If only using one source for your information thats good enough for you well sounds good to me...

but Me i like to ask everyone especially when i have these tools here infront of me.

Now Mr Cole installed a 4lb lower plugs and Tune and i must say the man is wicked fast and amazing at what he does..

I am very impressed and will be using him for ALL future mods / mantience i can sucker him into..

5 stars for Mr Cole

danielvalles1
11-23-2007, 08:32 PM
30-40 emails:tex

TP Derrick D
11-23-2007, 10:15 PM
Oh no not another one,maybe we should teach the gentleman how to do a search since TALON have been around for quite a few years and had these same questions come up. just don't be a jerk and act like you know it all and the rest of us po' ole long time L owners just became formed when YOU got your L and came on this board because we have been down that road too many times with newbes. Terry, don't have a Scott flashback.....:nono:

L8 APEX
11-23-2007, 10:49 PM
Yeah I just about had to kill the last Scott.:evil I have used Scott the describe thie new feller more than once today:icon_mrgreen:

03LightningRocks
11-24-2007, 02:10 AM
Gosh.........how did I miss this exchange? :evil

kirkmears
11-24-2007, 11:04 PM
Gosh.........how did I miss this exchange? :evil

right...lol

howdy & welcome to the forum!

(i just kept mine stock...simpler)

danielvalles1
11-29-2007, 12:33 AM
I got a pm from you Jameson but the only thing that was on it was a question mark do you have a question.:icon_question:

danielvalles1
12-02-2007, 05:49 PM
I got another PM from you with a question mark whats your question man.:tex

smbony9
12-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Yeah I just about had to kill the last Scott.:evil I have used Scott the describe thie new feller more than once today:icon_mrgreen:

hey much would you charge to put the plugs in

L8 APEX
12-02-2007, 09:09 PM
120 with plugs

SILVER2000SVT
12-02-2007, 10:05 PM
Don't take Terry's comments personally. He can rub people the wrong way if you don't know him well...I believe that most of the time he trying to piss people off.

But he's right in this case. It may not be what you want to hear but these trucks are not made for extended high speed runs. No matter how safe you tune it running 120+ on a stock block in cold weather = blown motor.

tiffo60
12-02-2007, 10:12 PM
i concur with all previous posts, i blew mine up in cold weather when it was stock, ford replaced the motor and it lasted 3 years and over a year at the 500hp range so it all comes down too when and where you choose to flog it

CWJameson
12-04-2007, 12:54 AM
Yea its so wierd why do lightning motors blow up so much

Do 03/04 Cobra's blow up this much?

is this just life with a supercharger or what?

CWJameson
12-04-2007, 12:54 AM
Daniel i dunno why u can't read my pm's
i was asking where you got your paint job at

L8 APEX
12-04-2007, 01:02 AM
Cobras are 1000lbs lighter and aerodynamic. Plus they have Manley rods stock. Our trucks have crap stock Ford rods. Lightnings blow up because people modify them and abuse them. If you raise the boost and timing to the point of detonation or parts fatigue it will die. If you leave it stock you can do anything you want and it will last for years. But when you remove all of Ford's safeties and increase the boost things tend to break.
Danviel has no paint job, don't believe ever avatar you see...

my2002lightning
12-04-2007, 02:09 AM
I can't imagine why my '02 L is still on the original /stock engine and is running tip-top to this day on RP 5W-20 with cold-starts all the way from OH to OK down to 15 F and below.:icon_confused::icon_cool:

Actually, now that I've thought about it, the L has been in freezing cold from OH/OK and the summers in HOU and Galveston and performed flawlessly with sustained 100+ mph runs up/down I-45.

Yea its so wierd why do lightning motors blow up so much

Do 03/04 Cobra's blow up this much?

is this just life with a supercharger or what?

danielvalles1
12-04-2007, 05:07 PM
Daniel i dunno why u can't read my pm's
i was asking where you got your paint job at
If you are talking about the black L' Terry is right on the money. It is just a avatar i use. I have a silver 04 L.