PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys vs. Packers?

Mark #2
11-20-2007, 08:07 PM
Are we really not going to see this game next Thursday if we have cable?
No local channels will carry it?
The NFL channel is hanging itself if that is true

gbgary
11-20-2007, 08:26 PM
a search on my directv dvr tells me it's on channel 27 for the great unwashed to see.

03LightningRocks
11-20-2007, 08:58 PM
Are we really not going to see this game next Thursday if we have cable?
No local channels will carry it?
The NFL channel is hanging itself if that is true

I thought I remembered you posting that you had tickets?

Mark #2
11-20-2007, 09:00 PM
a search on my directv dvr tells me it's on channel 27 for the great unwashed to see.

Well that doesn't help channel 27 is CSPAN for me.
I don't understand the "great unwashed" comment either.:confused:

How about call letters for your channel 27?

Mark #2
11-20-2007, 09:01 PM
I thought I remembered you posting that you had tickets?
I do for this Thursday not next.:rolleyes:

Chris94L
11-20-2007, 09:11 PM
Straight from the Cowboys website

Thu, Nov 29 GREEN BAY (NFLN & KDFI Ch 27) 7:15 pm

03LightningRocks
11-20-2007, 09:12 PM
I do for this Thursday not next.:rolleyes:

Oh...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

dboat
11-20-2007, 09:24 PM
I get NFL in HD.. so good for me... except their announcers are crap..

Dana

Mark #2
11-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Straight from the Cowboys website

Thu, Nov 29 GREEN BAY (NFLN & KDFI Ch 27) 7:15 pm

Okay, thanks, channel 7 KDFI for us Time Warner guys.
I just had to believe that all the radio commercials were bunk.:tu:

gbgary
11-20-2007, 09:40 PM
Well that doesn't help channel 27 is CSPAN for me.
I don't understand the "great unwashed" comment either.:confused:

How about call letters for your channel 27?

my bad. local dallas channel 27 kdfi. "the great unwashed" that was a joke...anyone who doesn't have directv. :icon_mrgreen:

Mark #2
11-20-2007, 09:57 PM
my bad. local Dallas channel 27 kdfi. "the great unwashed" that was a joke...anyone who doesn't have directv. :icon_mrgreen:

Okay, but I still don't understand, must not be up to date on what great unwashed means. I am always dirty but don't understand how that applies to cable versus dish.

danielvalles1
11-21-2007, 02:20 AM
I also have tickets for this Thursday and if i cant see next Thursday's game I'm going to scream:hammer:

BC Lightning
11-21-2007, 09:15 AM
I also have tickets for this Thursday and if i cant see next Thursday's game I'm going to scream:hammer:

I also had tickets, going to be too cold for me, right on the 50 2nd row behind the Cowboys bench

danielvalles1
11-21-2007, 02:47 PM
I also had tickets, going to be too cold for me, right on the 50 2nd row behind the Cowboys bench
Yeah i went last year also and froze my nuts off by the second half i could not move my nose. Talk about good seats hope you gave them to some one else:icon_neutral:

PUMP
11-21-2007, 04:38 PM
I'll trade you the tickets for an empty 55 gallon barrel:santa2

Sixpipes
11-21-2007, 06:42 PM
Okay, but I still don't understand, must not be up to date on what great unwashed means. I am always dirty but don't understand how that applies to cable versus dish.

Coined by Edward George Bulwer-Lytton, "the great unwashed" refers to the lower classes. :cool:

Mark #2
11-21-2007, 07:29 PM
Coined by Edward George Bulwer-Lytton, "the great unwashed" refers to the lower classes. :cool:

I did google today with no responses and accept this definition.

the working class masses
Corporations fear the day that the great unwashed will throw of the shackles of consumerism and ever increasing debt and focus on more important endeavors such as their health, family and friends.

gbgary
11-21-2007, 08:17 PM
it was a joke guys. not a shot! :icon_eek:

Mark #2
11-21-2007, 08:26 PM
No issue, I just wasn't edumacated enough to understand it.:tu:

gbgary
11-21-2007, 08:29 PM
No issue, I just wasn't edumacated enough to understand it.:tu:

ok...cool!

03LightningRocks
11-21-2007, 10:56 PM

I think it was a shot:icon_eek:. A damned good one too...:evil.

Silver_2000
11-21-2007, 11:42 PM
I think it was a shot:icon_eek:. A damned good one too...:evil.

where is the rocks "stirring the pot " smilie

03LightningRocks
11-22-2007, 01:03 AM
where is the rocks "stirring the pot " smilie

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/735411.gif

dboat
11-22-2007, 08:00 AM
Yeah i went last year also and froze my nuts off by the second half i could not move my nose. :icon_neutral:

I have found that a piece of cardboard placed under my shoes, makes a huge difference.. the cold concrete will suck the heat out of your body and it will do it through your shoes/boots.. the cardboard gives you an insulation factor against this..

Dana

danielvalles1
11-23-2007, 09:12 PM
I have found that a piece of cardboard placed under my shoes, makes a huge difference.. the cold concrete will suck the heat out of your body and it will do it through your shoes/boots.. the cardboard gives you an insulation factor against this..

Dana
I wish i would have read this before the game i wore about 3 pairs of socks:icon_mrgreen:

TP Derrick D
11-23-2007, 10:47 PM
Will B watching in the comfy of home sweet home on Dish ch. 154 NFL network ,rolling wit:bows Brett Farve & da' Pack.

dboat
11-24-2007, 03:13 PM
I wish i would have read this before the game i wore about 3 pairs of socks:icon_mrgreen:

well, at least you can try it at the next game.. I used it for the first time at a Mon night game in KC when the Chiefs were playing the Steelers.. it was colder than a witches xxxxx.. anyway, it made a huge difference.. that and the schnapps I was drinking.. :icon_mrgreen:

Dana

gbgary
11-24-2007, 04:26 PM
Will B watching in the comfy of home sweet home on Dish ch. 154 NFL network ,rolling wit:bows Brett Favre & da' Pack.

:tu:

danielvalles1
11-24-2007, 10:06 PM
well, at least you can try it at the next game.. I used it for the first time at a Mon night game in KC when the Chiefs were playing the Steelers.. it was colder than a witches xxxxx.. anyway, it made a huge difference.. that and the schnapps I was drinking.. :icon_mrgreen:

Dana
that's even a better idea:tu:

danielvalles1
11-27-2007, 02:16 PM
OK guys i have Charter cable company am i going to be able to wach the game.:icon_question:

gbgary
11-27-2007, 03:30 PM
OK guys i have Charter cable company am i going to be able to wach the game.:icon_question:

if you can get dallas channel 27 either on cable, rabbit ears, small dish or large, you will see the game.

danielvalles1
11-27-2007, 03:32 PM
Hell yeah come on Thursday cant wait.:icon_mrgreen:

Silver_2000
11-27-2007, 04:09 PM

And I have FIOS TV so Ill see it

danielvalles1
11-28-2007, 01:26 AM
And I have FIOS TV so Ill see it
You happen to be one of the lucky ones enjoy the game Mr.Doug:tu:

dboat
11-28-2007, 04:49 AM
You happen to be one of the lucky ones enjoy the game Mr.Doug:tu:

With DirecTv, which is what I have, I will be watching it in High Def on the big screen downstairs..

Dana

danielvalles1
11-28-2007, 12:39 PM
With DirecTv, which is what I have, I will be watching it in High Def on the big screen downstairs..

Dana
Well i used to have Direct TV but i canceled. I had to many channels and i did not ever see them all. So cancelling Direct TV seams to be a mistake now. Well the good thing is that i get to see the game. I don't have the good Tv's you guys have but i am considering buying one. I bet looking at the football games on those Tv's can get exiting. By the way i have a 32''Sony not bad quality but bigger is better in High Def.:tu:

dboat
11-28-2007, 05:19 PM
Well i used to have Direct TV but i canceled. I had to many channels and i did not ever see them all. So cancelling Direct TV seams to be a mistake now. Well the good thing is that i get to see the game. I don't have the good Tv's you guys have but i am considering buying one. I bet looking at the football games on those Tv's can get exiting. By the way i have a 32''Sony not bad quality but bigger is better in High Def.:tu:

Hi Def upstairs at 26"... downstairs, Hi Def at 106":tu: its projector (with DLP to support Mark).. but its a darned great picture and a great way to watch sports.. esp Formula 1 racing..

Dana

danielvalles1
11-28-2007, 10:07 PM
Hi Def upstairs at 26"... downstairs, Hi Def at 106":tu: its projector (with DLP to support Mark).. but its a darned great picture and a great way to watch sports.. esp Formula 1 racing..

Dana
Hi Def at 106'' man thats bad ass this thread is making me wanna go buy a TV:icon_mrgreen:

dboat
11-29-2007, 04:37 AM
Hi Def at 106'' man thats bad ass this thread is making me wanna go buy a TV:icon_mrgreen:

Go do it,,, its good for the economy..

Dana

danielvalles1
11-29-2007, 11:37 AM
Go do it,,, its good for the economy..

Dana
I'm going to Best Buy today if i find one i like im taking it. which i know i will find something i like im thinking about a sony.:tu:

dboat
11-29-2007, 11:50 AM
I'm going to Best Buy today if i find one i like im taking it. which i know i will find something i like im thinking about a sony.:tu:

:tu::tu::tu::tu:

my 26" is a Sony... the projector is an Optoma..

Dana

danielvalles1
11-29-2007, 11:53 AM
:tu::tu::tu::tu:

my 26" is a Sony... the projector is an Optoma..

Dana
sweet I'm on my way out now i wanna have it installed by the time the game starts.:tu:

dboat
11-29-2007, 11:56 AM
sweet I'm on my way out now i wanna have it installed by the time the game starts.:tu:

absolutely positively...

Silver_2000
11-29-2007, 12:30 PM
folks in Dallas FT worth can watch it on channel 27 - Its the rest of the country thats screwed

03LightningRocks
11-29-2007, 11:31 PM
Great game. Dallas received a gift with that interference call. A win is a win:tu:.

dboat
11-30-2007, 12:02 AM
I really enjoyed the game tonite except that one thing keeps bothering me..

It seems to me that Rocks and Wade Phillips look an awful lot alike... I am beginning to wonder if they are one and the same... hmmmm:rolleyes::rolleyes:

:evilDana

WA 2 FST
11-30-2007, 12:16 AM
Great game. Dallas received a gift with that interference call. A win is a win:tu:.

And Al Harris received an early Christmas present from T.O. on the drop in the end zone. Dallas didn't seem prepared for Aaron Rodgers and the things he brings to the game that even Favre doesn't (not that he's better than Favre... just different). I think I heard W. Phillips even mention this at one point. But there is little doubt who the better team is...and by a significant margin, IMHO.

Silver_2000
11-30-2007, 12:52 AM
Saw the game from a Suite - Last minute invite

the number of cheese heads in the stands was simply CRAZY

and they were LOUD

Good game

ZeusSVT
11-30-2007, 01:06 AM
Was a great game. Rodgers definitely brought something that the Cowboys were not prepared for though. They hung in there though and finished off the game in the end. :tu:

Packers put up a good fight but Dallas definitely stands out as the best team in the NFC right now.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c139/dmsheid/BillParcelsSuckedPic.gif

Ohmsby
11-30-2007, 09:38 AM
Dear anyone from the NFL....

Please do not let Bryant Gumble MC another game... ever:hammer:

good football game:tu:

gbgary
11-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Was a great game. Rodgers definitely brought something that the Cowboys were not prepared for though. They hung in there though and finished off the game in the end. :tu:

Packers put up a good fight but Dallas definitely stands out as the best team in the NFC right now.

Rodgers was doing what Brett should have been doing. the play calling changed, and obviously the execution changed, when Rodgers came in. the coach outsmarted himself and Brett didn't help matters regressing to his 2005 form. the depleated D did all they could with what they had.

dboat
11-30-2007, 10:27 AM

+1000

how many calls did he screw up? at least twice early in the game confusing Dallas with Green Bay.. he is just not good at this..

Ohmsby
11-30-2007, 10:29 AM
+1000

how many calls did he screw up? at least twice early in the game confusing Dallas with Green Bay.. he is just not good at this..

when my wife picks up on it you know its bad

I like him on his HBO show

I really like the Joe Buck/ Troy Aikman combo

dboat
11-30-2007, 10:34 AM
It seems to me that Rocks and Wade Phillips look an awful lot alike... I am beginning to wonder if they are one and the same... hmmmm:rolleyes::rolleyes:
:evilDana

I guess this observation is just me then.. :cool:

Ohmsby
11-30-2007, 10:41 AM
I think we all just assumed they were one in the same so it really is not new news:tex

FRDRCING
11-30-2007, 10:45 AM
+1000

Not only that he screwed up when he announced the final score:hammer:. John is right, don't let that guy call another game. Just let him stick to his show on HBO.

Sonicblue03
11-30-2007, 11:20 AM
I thought it was a pretty good game. Dallas played well but the Packers did have injuries. I think it's a toss up as to who the better team is. Either team better bring their A game if/when they play the Patriots.

toddwarren
11-30-2007, 11:39 AM
Equal!! Come on Sonic if you keep that talk up I want my rims back:icon_mrgreen:

I strongly disagree! We had a chance to bury the Packers in the 2nd

and Romo missed Witten twice to give Green Bay the ball back, and at the

time it was 27-10 could have been 34-10! We have injuries also,

remember Terry Glenn and Jason Ferguson:icon_question: We are clearly superior and all need to COWBOY UP:evil:bows

WA 2 FST
11-30-2007, 11:45 AM
I agree with Todd.

The Cowboys methodically moved the ball at will on the Pack. The Pack stayed in the game b/c of 2 offensive plays. I'm not discounting those plays, but those are rare.

The Cowboys could have easily put up 45-49 points last night, and I don't think a couple more healthy defenders from GB would make much of a difference. And if they are around next time they play, Dallas still scores 30+ points, which will be enough to beat the Packers anyway.

If GB doesn't improve significantly, they will get spanked come NFC Championship time.

Sonicblue03
11-30-2007, 11:48 AM
Equal!! Come on Sonic if you keep that talk up I want my rims back:icon_mrgreen:

I strongly disagree! We had a chance to bury the Packers in the 2nd

and Romo missed Witten twice to give Green Bay the ball back, and at the

time it was 27-10 could have been 34-10! We have injuries also,

remember Terry Glenn and Jason Ferguson:icon_question: We are clearly superior and all need to COWBOY UP:evil:bows

Just stirring the pot...... figure someone would get fired up a little bit.:icon_mrgreen:
I have to say I do like Dallas more than Green Bay or the Patriots even though they aren't my favorite team.:tu:

Sonicblue03
11-30-2007, 11:55 AM
I agree with Todd.

The Cowboys methodically moved the ball at will on the Pack. The Pack stayed in the game b/c of 2 offensive plays. I'm not discounting those plays, but those are rare.

Yes the Cowboys moved the ball very well and came away with a huge win. BUT..... Green Bay makes 2-3 big offensive plays every game. I would not consider that rare for them, even against the Cowboys. Maybe I am reading your post wrong and you are talking about Dallas dropping balls.????

Shiner1
11-30-2007, 12:08 PM

+1, +1 Gumble is an idiot but the guy who really stinks is Chris Collinsworth. What a jackass. Second guesses every play, every down and every call. I turned the tv sound off and listed to Brad Sham on the radio while watching the game. Just my .2 but if I'm watching a local team, Mavs, Boys I want to hear a homer calling the game. My one big complaint with Madden was when he was calling Packers games. I'm surprised that he could speak with Favre's Di@k in his mouth. Nothing against Favre at all. Give the guy props for being 38 in a young man's game.

ZeusSVT
11-30-2007, 12:25 PM

+100. Did anyone catch it at the end of the third quarter when the knucklehead referred to the end of the third quarter as the end of the third period?? ****STICK definitely fits for this guy. :tex

danielvalles1
11-30-2007, 07:07 PM
Well i bought my 42'' Sony plasma. The game looked awesome. I had fun just looking at the TV. I think T.O is going to get a fine for using the popcorn prop when he scored a touchdown. Man T.O cracks me up. This morning on 102.1 some Green Bay packer fan called and said Jerry Jones payed Bret Farve so he would not play the rest of the game, next thing you know he hangs up on him and calls him a rotten cheese looser. Thanks for the Encouragement on the TV Dana man this TV is awesome cant stop looking at it.:tu:

Mark #2
11-30-2007, 07:19 PM
when my wife picks up on it you know its bad

I like him on his HBO show

I really like the Joe Buck/ Troy Aikman combo

Same here.
She says this announcer sucks he keeps calling the Cowboys Green Bay.

danielvalles1
11-30-2007, 07:25 PM
+100. Did anyone catch it at the end of the third quarter when the knucklehead referred to the end of the third quarter as the end of the third period?? ****STICK definitely fits for this guy. :tex
Maybe he thought he was at a mavs game.:icon_mrgreen:

dboat
11-30-2007, 08:12 PM
Well i bought my 42'' Sony plasma. The game looked awesome. I had fun just looking at the TV. I think T.O is going to get a fine for using the popcorn prop when he scored a touchdown. Man T.O cracks me up. This morning on 102.1 some Green Bay packer fan called and said Jerry Jones payed Bret Farve so he would not play the rest of the game, next thing you know he hangs up on him and calls him a rotten cheese looser. Thanks for the Encouragement on the TV Dana man this TV is awesome cant stop looking at it.:tu:

no prob, I have all kinds of ways to spend other peoples money:tu:

Dana

danielvalles1
11-30-2007, 08:39 PM
no prob, I have all kinds of ways to spend other peoples money:tu:

Dana
:tu:...:icon_mrgreen: