PDA

View Full Version : I got toolboth tickets in the mail

StormShadow
01-31-2008, 11:15 AM
I got tollbooth tickets in the mail for my lightning that I havent had in about 8 months. I guess it is still in my name and the kid who bought it is not paying his tolls. I dont have a number for this guy or even an email address. I tried to pm him a while back but I guess he doesnt look at this site or nloc anymore. I tried to look at halo but Im not a member. His dad was James Calhoun. If anyone knows him or how to get ahold of him let me know.

98Cobra
01-31-2008, 12:02 PM
Just file the form with the state stating that you sold the truck. You shouldnt have to pay the tolls.

99WhiteBeast
01-31-2008, 12:03 PM
I got tollbooth tickets in the mail for my lightning that I havent had in about 8 months. I guess it is still in my name and the kid who bought it is not paying his tolls. I dont have a number for this guy or even an email address. I tried to pm him a while back but I guess he doesnt look at this site or nloc anymore. I tried to look at halo but Im not a member. His dad was James Calhoun. If anyone knows him or how to get ahold of him let me know.

Just send some kind of bill of sale record back to the Tollway authority and state you are not the trucks owner. They will dismiss them. Keep copies for backup to CYA.

dboat
01-31-2008, 12:11 PM
Adam, as a side note, you really should get the name changed on this vehicle. My dad was taken to court after he sold a car to some fellow and the guy subsequently had an accident. My dad was liable for damages..

Dana

L8 APEX
01-31-2008, 05:29 PM
Just call NTTA and tell them you sold the truck they will take your name off their system.

jeff56
01-31-2008, 08:30 PM
.....and then fax them the records. Wait a few weeks and you'll receive another notice. Call them back, fax the records again. Wait another few weeks and then receive notice that it will be going to collections. Phone them back, this time get a little crappy. Fax records third time. Wait for notice from collections agency. Get crappy with them..

Oh, I'm sorry - I got caught in the moment. Wen through this after I sold my Harley and before title was transferred in the computer system.

:gatling: NTTA

Beaudee
02-02-2008, 11:49 AM
Anytime you sell a vehichle,I dont bother with the forms remove the tags and the registration.It will save you a bunch of grief.Been there myself.

L8 APEX
02-03-2008, 12:41 AM
Unless they are personalized plates which are issued to the driver then the plates must go with the vehicle. The top stub of the title can be used to notify the state of an ownership change. The kid that bought my black vette ran tolls. One phone call got them off my back.