PDA

View Full Version : Going to Jamaica

Sonicblue03
02-15-2008, 02:55 PM
Well I'm finally getting married and we are looking at going to Jamaica for the wedding. I have never been there so I thought I would ask if anyone had been and some suggestions on where to stay ect. ect.

slick-svt
02-15-2008, 03:31 PM
Congrats.....never been but I did drive my L all the way to Vegas and got married in the drive through......awesome road trip.....:tu:

TXLIGHTNING
02-15-2008, 03:55 PM
Well I'm finally getting married and we are looking at going to Jamaica for the wedding. I have never been there so I thought I would ask if anyone had been and some suggestions on where to stay ect. ect. My gf and I went to Negril Jamaica last Nov (pic's in my photo gallery http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/1183 ) and had a blast! You didn't say where in Jamaica you were going. My vote is for Negril, it's the most laid back place you will find in Jamaica. Where you stay all depends on if you want the beach, or the cliffs. We stayed at a resort called "Kuyaba Negril" on the 7 mile beach ( http://www.kuyaba.com/menu.htm) and fell in love with the place. We liked it so much that I put the deposit down for this Nov 19-26th before we left. This is a good site for Jamaica info as well :beer:. http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g147313-i70-Negril_Jamaica.html

tiffo60
02-15-2008, 04:20 PM
Well I'm finally getting married and we are looking at going to Jamaica for the wedding. I have never been there so I thought I would ask if anyone had been and some suggestions on where to stay ect. ect.

i got married in the bahamas, if you have a choice you will love it. But Im sure Jamaica is pretty too, but the exclusivness of the Atlantis is second to none:tu:

dboat
02-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Congrats.....never been but I did drive my L all the way to Vegas and got married in the drive through......awesome road trip.....:tu:

I got married in Vegas too.. at Treasure Island. :tu:

Shiner1
02-15-2008, 05:26 PM
No one is going to try to talk him out of getting married? :evil:evil

Mark #2
02-15-2008, 06:54 PM
Vegas for us too, many years ago.
http://www.alittlewhitechapel.com/little_white_chapel.html (http://www.alittlewhitechapel.com/little_white_chapel.html)

If you are >30 years old, I will not try to talk you out of it, but if you are less than 30, I might.:D

Congratulations and good luck.:tu:

jcblack
02-15-2008, 07:33 PM
We are getting married next month. We will be heading out to Bora Bora and I can't wait. The water is unreal.

Mark #2
02-15-2008, 07:52 PM
We are getting married next month. We will be heading out to Bora Bora and I can't wait. The water is unreal.

You are under the age limit for marriage for car guys.
You will loose the truck.

If you over 30 when you get married you only loose the boat and motorcycles, if you are under you loose the car/truck.

Just check around here for how many guys got married and they don't have their truck anymore.

Again, it is just a data thing for me.:D

Sonicblue03
02-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Well I'm under 30 but it's too late for me. She already has my daughter. The upside is she does look pretty good and has more money than me.:tu:

slick-svt
02-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Well I'm under 30 but it's too late for me. She already has my daughter. The upside is she does look pretty good and has more money than me.:tu:
CHA-CHING!!!!! There you go....:tu:

BC Lightning
02-15-2008, 08:36 PM
she does look pretty good and has more money than me.:tu:

Every mans dream.......... well at least mine :cool:

mikelemoine
02-15-2008, 11:47 PM
Can't go wrong with Sandals, they have a resort in Montego Bay and 2 in Negril, I believe. They are all inclusive, which is the best way to travel. Leave your wallet in the room safe and have fun without worrying about anything. St. Maarten/St. Martin is also very nice. Congratulations and enjoy the honeymoon!

dboat
02-15-2008, 11:59 PM
Can't go wrong with Sandals, they have a resort in Montego Bay and 2 in Negril, I believe. They are all inclusive, which is the best way to travel. Leave your wallet in the room safe and have fun without worrying about anything. St. Maarten/St. Martin is also very nice. Congratulations and enjoy the honeymoon!

I have been to St Kitts and loved it.. was at an all inclusive, it also included the drinks and the bar opens at noon.. because of the heat, you could drink all day and just sweat it out and stay sober.. one of the best vacations I ever had.. well, with wife #1.. vacations are much better with wife #2..

Dana

L8 APEX
02-16-2008, 12:57 AM
DOn't buy your drugs on the beach:tex

StormShadow
02-16-2008, 09:28 AM
before you get married rent heartbreak kid and watch it with your fiance and picture her as the girl in the movie.

Sonicblue03
02-16-2008, 09:33 AM
DOn't buy your drugs on the beach:tex

No worries....I don't even drink. :evil

slick-svt
02-16-2008, 10:24 AM
No worries....I don't even drink. :evil
Good man.....someone else who doesn't

jcblack
02-16-2008, 02:21 PM
Good man.....someone else who doesn't

Same here :tu:

jcblack
02-16-2008, 02:23 PM
You are under the age limit for marriage for car guys.
You will loose the truck.

If you over 30 when you get married you only loose the boat and motorcycles, if you are under you loose the car/truck.

Just check around here for how many guys got married and they don't have their truck anymore.

Again, it is just a data thing for me.:D

I know that I am under the age, but I am here to prove the point that you don't have to sell it when you get married. She would actually kill me if I tried. I plan to keep the L for a long time.

my2002lightning
02-18-2008, 01:56 AM
I wish the best of luck to those TALON members getting married soon.

I will leave it at that.:cool: