02-29-2008, 08:55 AM
http://www.newsweek.com/id/116784

Dana

ZeusSVT
02-29-2008, 12:32 PM
I blame houston. :evil

L8 APEX
02-29-2008, 01:34 PM
We are also one the only states that is energy indepenent on electricity. We sell it we don't buy from any other state. If you are going to make gasoline or electricity you gotta break a few eggs.

SILVER2000SVT
02-29-2008, 01:55 PM
We are also one the only states that is energy indepenent on electricity. We sell it we don't buy from any other state. If you are going to make gasoline or electricity you gotta break a few eggs.

One would think for that reason alone that electricity would be cheaper here not more expensive.

tiffo60
02-29-2008, 03:02 PM
One would think for that reason alone that electricity would be cheaper here not more expensive.

everything is bigger in Texas, that includes our bills:cool:

slick-svt
02-29-2008, 03:38 PM
everything is bigger in Texas, that includes our bills:cool:
Mine are so big I don't call them bills any more I call'em williams.....:tu:

L8 APEX
02-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Our fuel is 10-50 cents cheaper than the rest of the country. I think some things need govt regulation, energy and healthcare for starters. Electricity tripled when deregulation came along...

Silver_2000
02-29-2008, 11:28 PM
I think some things need govt regulation, energy and healthcare for starters. Electricity tripled when deregulation came along...

I agree - I would be supporting deregulation IF it meant we really had choice

BUT we dont, the old guard is still setting the price to beat and they are the ONLY choice for the electric delivery so they set the rental rates .. Nothing has changed except the names on the bills

L8 APEX
03-01-2008, 01:01 AM
About a year ago they were supposed to lower the price to beat. For a while TXU could not sell below 14.5 I believe it was. The problem now is when you need service you get a huge run around.
One member got his electric meter stolen and he spent 45 minutes playing phone tag with the power broker, TXU and finally Oncor.

Showtime
03-01-2008, 02:35 AM
About a year ago they were supposed to lower the price to beat. For a while TXU could not sell below 14.5 I believe it was. The problem now is when you need service you get a huge run around.
One member got his electric meter stolen and he spent 45 minutes playing phone tag with the power broker, TXU and finally Oncor.

you said "member"

dboat
03-01-2008, 07:53 AM

I thought when you got your meter stolen, you just strap a good piece of copper across the two poles to get you some of that free 'lectricity... :evil
Not that I have or would ever do anything like that, I have only HEARD about folks doing this. :rolleyes:

Dana

slick-svt
03-01-2008, 08:17 AM
I thought when you got your meter stolen, you just strap a good piece of copper across the two poles to get you some of that free 'lectricity... :evil
Not that I have or would ever do anything like that, I have only HEARD about folks doing this. :rolleyes:

Dana
Down in the trailer park they use jumper cables......:rll:

dboat
03-01-2008, 08:22 AM
Down in the trailer park they use jumper cables......:rll:

:tu:, just hope they use the heavy duty ones.. otherwise, those skinny cables might get a bit warm... :throw:

Dana