PDA

View Full Version : Back in the old days of Talon meetings

dboat
04-07-2008, 07:38 AM
There would be a few guys that would bring along their other toys with them..

This video reminded me a little bit of that, and then I thought that maybe we should have a shoot out at LFest.. or not..

anyway enjoy.

Dana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAiLMBb5YT4&feature=related

03LightningRocks
04-07-2008, 05:17 PM
There would be a few guys that would bring along their other toys with them..

This video reminded me a little bit of that, and then I thought that maybe we should have a shoot out at LFest.. or not..

anyway enjoy.

Dana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAiLMBb5YT4&feature=related

Looks like fun, but I could never get those darned things to work right.

dboat
04-07-2008, 05:20 PM
Looks like fun, but I could never get those darned things to work right.

Well, I havent tried it.. not sure I have or want the time to devote to it, but if its fun, I am willing to give it a try.. I would want to do the fueled and not the electric versions.. go all out.. but I dont know a thing about it.

Dana

Silver_2000
04-07-2008, 05:57 PM
I still have a couple electric cars and a nitro truck
They are fun but only if you have abunch of people with similar interests

I think they are all broke - I need to find a 17 year old to put the gas truck together so it works right for more than 5 min at a time

Doug

dboat
04-07-2008, 06:41 PM
I still have a couple electric cars and a nitro truck
They are fun but only if you have abunch of people with similar interests

I think they are all broke - I need to find a 17 year old to put the gas truck together so it works right for more than 5 min at a time

Doug

I thought I remembered that you had one of these things.. I forget who else used to bring them out.. I have a faint recollection of being at BoneDaddy's and having them run around the trucks in the parking lot.

I posted this up to see if there were more folks doing this kind of thing.. if so, it might be interesting to do a race of them at LFest

slick-svt
04-07-2008, 10:29 PM
I thought I remembered that you had one of these things.. I forget who else used to bring them out.. I have a faint recollection of being at BoneDaddy's and having them run around the trucks in the parking lot.

I posted this up to see if there were more folks doing this kind of thing.. if so, it might be interesting to do a race of them at LFest
I have had a crap load of them...the best one if you like off road trucks is the Kyosho Mad Force, they only weigh 9lbs and will fly. Stay with a .21 size or bigger engine, its easy to tune, don't let it get over 250 degrees.
They stopped making the Mad Force, you can still find them on e-bay. They are pretty easy to tune, smaller size can be a pain to tune. The on road cars are fun but one curb hit usually send you back to the table.... they are alot of fun.:tu:

Silver_2000
04-08-2008, 01:31 AM
mine is a savage .... Its broke

this os back from when it was working

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6003/medium/1P2286905_800.jpg (http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/5321)

slick-svt
04-08-2008, 06:46 AM
mine is a savage .... Its broke

this os back from when it was working

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6003/medium/1P2286905_800.jpg (http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/5321)
Thats's made by HPI a friend of mine bought one and drove it for two years, there a little on the heavy side by run good, he put a hi-torgue servo on the sterring, something like 115 in. lbs. by airtronics.He hated every time he would turn and hit the gas it would pull the front tires straight. Hobbytown on Cooper has a lot of parts for those or check out Wild Bills.

dboat
04-08-2008, 08:12 AM
:0fftopic and we have :threadhijack

how much does all this cost? I know that is a pretty open ended and broad question, but it looks like a pretty easy and cool hobby.. also, is there a fair amount of used decent equipment out there one can buy to get started? are there a few websites or publications to help you get educated?

Thanks

Dana

slick-svt
04-08-2008, 10:51 AM
:0fftopic and we have :threadhijack

how much does all this cost? I know that is a pretty open ended and broad question, but it looks like a pretty easy and cool hobby.. also, is there a fair amount of used decent equipment out there one can buy to get started? are there a few websites or publications to help you get educated?

Thanks

Dana
It all depends, (actually if you have to ask it cost too much :D) Go to a hobby shop in your area they will help with tuning. Truck will run 450-550 plus nitro fuel 20-30 a gallon, plus any parts you break (make sure hobby shop carries parts). I would say 650-700 to get you started.....sorry for the long version.

03LightningRocks
04-08-2008, 11:08 AM
It all depends, (actually if you have to ask it cost too much :D) Go to a hobby shop in your area they will help with tuning. Truck will run 450-550 plus nitro fuel 20-30 a gallon, plus any parts you break (make sure hobby shop carries parts). I would say 650-700 to get you started.....sorry for the long version.

I knew it wasn't a cheap hobby. My son decided to take it up when he was around 14. This was almost 10 years ago and I know I laid out 300-400 bucks for that Christmas present.:twitch:

dboat
04-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Thanks guys, any hobby worth doing usually isnt cheap.. hunting, archery, Lightnings, racing, etc.. are my hobbies and they are cheap either.. although once you get into it, its the ongoing costs that become important.. is it worth doing a look on ebay for any of this stuff or is that a "stay away" kind of thing and look for an online forum? or should I ignore that and only buy the stuff new?

Dana

03LightningRocks
04-08-2008, 12:14 PM
The ongoing costs are up there also. He drove his car into a curb and busted some damn whoop di do on the front of the car. It was like 80 bucks for that one damned repair. I was relieved when the fun wore off and he took up girls as a hobby.

If doing this will distract you from cold blooded bear killing...I think it will be good for you.:evil

dboat
04-08-2008, 01:27 PM
The ongoing costs are up there also. He drove his car into a curb and busted some damn whoop di do on the front of the car. It was like 80 bucks for that one damned repair. I was relieved when the fun wore off and he took up girls as a hobby.

If doing this will distract you from cold blooded bear killing...I think it will be good for you.:evil

Kill the bear,..,Kill the bear.... Kill the bear... :gatling:

03LightningRocks
04-08-2008, 01:48 PM
Kill the bear,..,Kill the bear.... Kill the bear... :gatling:

LOL...if you want to see what it's like to kill something, why don't you just go out around your neighborhood and shoot some of the cats and dogs your neighbors have locked up in the back yards? it would be more of a challenge.:cool:

dboat
04-08-2008, 02:18 PM
LOL...if you want to see what it's like to kill something, why don't you just go out around your neighborhood and shoot some of the cats and dogs your neighbors have locked up in the back yards? it would be more of a challenge.:cool:

maybe, but they dont make as good of a rug.. :evil

Kim is going to shoot the chipmunks in the back yard.. :gatling:

Dana

dboat
04-08-2008, 02:20 PM
Oh, I am not going to get into this issue of killing the bear anymore.. either you are just doing it to "goad" me on or we disagree.. in either case it has worn on me and we need to move on to something else to pick at each other about.. we like each other too much to keep this one up any longer.

Dana

03LightningRocks
04-08-2008, 02:52 PM
maybe, but they dont make as good of a rug.. :evil

Kim is going to shoot the chipmunks in the back yard.. :gatling:

Dana

This was funny....:rll:

Oh, I am not going to get into this issue of killing the bear anymore.. either you are just doing it to "goad" me on or we disagree.. in either case it has worn on me and we need to move on to something else to pick at each other about.. we like each other too much to keep this one up any longer.

Dana

But then you messed it all up by posting this.http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/thumbs/icon22.gif

OK...I'll quit teasing you about killing bears. But only if you tell me you like my new avatar collection.:D

slick-svt
04-08-2008, 03:09 PM
Thanks guys, any hobby worth doing usually isnt cheap.. hunting, archery, Lightnings, racing, etc.. are my hobbies and they are cheap either.. although once you get into it, its the ongoing costs that become important.. is it worth doing a look on ebay for any of this stuff or is that a "stay away" kind of thing and look for an online forum? or should I ignore that and only buy the stuff new?

Dana
If you do an e-bay deal make sure its new in box, it will be about alot cheaper.....and remember break in is very important on those little nitro motors.....:tu:

dboat
04-08-2008, 06:01 PM
If you do an e-bay deal make sure its new in box, it will be about alot cheaper.....and remember break in is very important on those little nitro motors.....:tu:

what about ebay used?

dboat
04-08-2008, 06:07 PM
This was funny....:rll:

But then you messed it all up by posting this.http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/thumbs/icon22.gif

OK...I'll quit teasing you about killing bears. But only if you tell me you like my new avatar collection.:D

Not too bad, but I was expecting something in the Yogi collection... :icon_mrgreen:

03LightningRocks
04-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Not too bad, but I was expecting something in the Yogi collection... :icon_mrgreen:

I considered the Yogi collection but I thought the orphan collection was more appropriate.:icon_mrgreen:

dboat
04-08-2008, 07:07 PM
I considered the Yogi collection but I thought the orphan collection was more appropriate.:icon_mrgreen:

I dont know, something about a cub named Boo Boo wanting to steal a picanic basket always made me laugh.. :rll:

Dana

slick-svt
04-08-2008, 08:41 PM
what about ebay used?
I have bought some off there used before and had no problems, bid at you own expense......they usaully throw in a lot of extra stuff.

mikelemoine
04-08-2008, 09:10 PM

If doing this will distract you from cold blooded bear killing...I think it will be good for you.:evil Girls? Thats the most expensive hobby of them all:d

03LightningRocks
04-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Girls? Thats the most expensive hobby of them all:d

LOL...he found that out too.

Mark #2
04-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Girls? Thats the most expensive hobby of them all:d

NOT
Girls are not expensive, wives are.:D

gagspa
04-09-2008, 09:29 AM
NOT