PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with my truck!!!

RED1
01-04-2003, 11:17 PM
Man I dont know what happened this morning, well here it goes I was leaving home and traveled about two blocks. After the first stops sign I saw an open path so I decided to get on it, floored did some wheel spinning(more than usual but I think that is because I recently took off the hitch), when the tranny changed too second, it felt odd so I let off, at the second stop sign at a complete stop I felt the truck shaking(I started thinking oh man now I messed something up), but it went away when I shifted to neutral. What do you guys think it could be? I think its the tranny, but i am no expert. Maybe some of you tranny experts could tell me what you think it was. Took it to the dealership, but the "tranny guy " was not in so I told them go ahead and just check the motor anyway. They said they found nothing wrong with the motor. I plamn on taking it Monday back to the dealership but thought I would ask you guys first. Sorry so long. Thanx in advance(RED1)

Silver_2000
01-04-2003, 11:25 PM
You may have just caused a plug to miss.. At lower rpms in drive it shakes - In Neutral the rpms go up a little and the shake goes away..

Does it still shake ?

Doug

RED1
01-04-2003, 11:27 PM
No it stoped shaking as soon as I put it in neutral, hasn't done it any more.

L8 APEX
01-04-2003, 11:34 PM
If it doesn't shake now the you fixed it:twitch:

Silver_2000
01-04-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
If it doesn't shake now the you fixed it:twitch:

What he said

Mine has shook a couple times for wierd reasons. If it goes away its all good. IT has 51000 miles on it now and running stronger than ever..

Doug

L8 APEX
01-04-2003, 11:55 PM
Acctually if you were doing some crazy burnouts the computer could have opened the waste gate for traction control. The blower will still make noise but no boost for a few minutes or a key cycle. Not sure if they run rough then but it may be what happened.

bad00
01-06-2003, 09:36 PM
Iam having the same problem. launch in 1rst gear and it pulls like a raped ape.Then when it shifts to 2nd it feels like it is losing power,or the tranny is slipping. it dosnt do it all the time though.Its off and on. I called JDM and told them about it , and they seemed convinced it was dumping boost so i bought the bypass kit. they told me anyone that has pulleys Upper or lower or anymore boost over stock, should get it. havent got the kit yet , but when i do ill let ya know if it corrects the problem.
Later!!!!

L8 APEX
01-06-2003, 10:41 PM
I will say it once for old times sake. Unplug the solenoid, do not overide the mechanical safety system.

RED1
01-07-2003, 12:07 AM
Forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't unplugging the selenoid be the same as overidding the mechanical switch.:confused:

L8 APEX
01-07-2003, 07:50 AM
No the solenoid only comes on for traction control, and certain conditions. The vacuum lines only release boost when it needs to like chopping the throttle after a burnout where the blower is still stuffing the intake. You will hear a lot more belt slippage when you do the bypass. Because trapped air in the intake is trying to stop the blower from turning. The vacuum system is for safety, the solenoid is for trac control and annoyance.

bad00
01-07-2003, 01:01 PM
so if i just unplug the solenoid,it will stop dumping boost? Will the check engine light come on?

I didnt know the truck had traction control.