PDA

View Full Version : im new... donno what to do.

boostaholic
06-07-2008, 05:43 PM
hello everyone. im david and i own a 01 lighting and i live in texas. i was looking for a site/club just for lightnings and saw this one. first i gotta say this site is put together kinda weird so im a lil lost lol. im from the Ft worth area but im stationed at Ft hood. pretty much every weekend i go up to ft worth though.

im currently at ft jackson south carolina for some training and it SUCKS. il be back in Aug and would love to attend some meets or something. so with that said il attempt to post a pic and also home that someone posts and pointes me in the right direction.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Firechicken1995/DSCN0879.jpg

dboat
06-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Welcome to Talon... LightningFest is in Aug, in Kansas City at KCIR..

Dana

boostaholic
06-07-2008, 05:52 PM
ok iv been hearing about this oh so awesome "lightning fest" but cant seem to get a detailed answer of what it really is and what not. il be driving back to texas around the 8th of aug so i wont be going to the fest i guess b/c its a long enough drive from here to texas. BUT my g/f wants go go on a trip :icon_wink: .

dboat
06-07-2008, 08:04 PM
ok iv been hearing about this oh so awesome "lightning fest" but cant seem to get a detailed answer of what it really is and what not. il be driving back to texas around the 8th of aug so i wont be going to the fest i guess b/c its a long enough drive from here to texas. BUT my g/f wants go go on a trip :icon_wink: .

http://www.lightningfest6.com/index.html

It starts on Aug 15, so you have some time in between to make it..

here ya go..

boostaholic
06-07-2008, 08:12 PM
thanks, now i just need to link up with some of you to convoy up there... im on leave from 7 Aun until 10 Sep....

ZeusSVT
06-07-2008, 08:55 PM
first i gotta say this site is put together kinda weird so im a lil lost lol.

:icon_eek: Seems to be one of the more put together forums that we have available, so good luck navigating the others :tex

And Welcome to TALON, you'll like it here....just point and click :tu:

boostaholic
06-07-2008, 08:59 PM
:icon_eek: Seems to be one of the more put together forums that we have available, so good luck navigating the others :tex

And Welcome to TALON, you'll like it here....just point and click :tu:

no no no dude i didnt mean it in a bad way.. im just use to a site used for all of the us and then having section for states. but this is for texas so there is no territory parts and what not.. hard to explain. either way i guess i was expecting to have it broke down into smaller areas like ft worth, dallas, arlington, keller.... so on and so on or by like general area.

what i like is there wont be alot of people so it will be a tight group. where can i get a t-shirt :icon_mrgreen:

gotta say though when i get back to texas il throw a meet or something at the lake.

ZeusSVT
06-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Yep no sections here, just one big happy family.....:icon_mrgreen:

boostaholic
06-08-2008, 09:21 AM
zeus you cant post anymore man; every time i see your avatar i bout die lol.

how do i setup a avatar?

dboat
06-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Boost,

Might I suggest that you become a supporting member? its only a few bucks and it helps keep the site going.. plus it will give you some good extras.. dont ask, just do it..

Dana

boostaholic
06-08-2008, 10:02 AM
jezz... gimme gimme gimme. j/k il look into it

dboat
06-08-2008, 10:35 AM
jezz... gimme gimme gimme. j/k il look into it

Silver_2000
06-08-2008, 10:40 AM
there are no regional sections since the whole site is designed for a region

DFW

And since there are only about 20 posts a day we dont need any more sections to spread out the posts ...

Thanks for supporting the site !!

ZeusSVT
06-08-2008, 05:11 PM
Welcome aboard boost. Now that you're a supporting member you should be able to add anything and everything to your profile that you choose. The avatar and the subtitle under your name both are under the User CP settings!! Good luck! :tu:

-Michael

Shiner1
06-08-2008, 09:00 PM
Welcome. :beer:

FRDRCING
06-08-2008, 11:14 PM
Welcome to Talon

nacklas
06-10-2008, 08:17 PM
Welcome to the club...:tu:

boostaholic
06-11-2008, 06:12 AM
thanks everyone. not a whole lot of action on here but it seems that everyone is pretty cool. cant wait to get back to texas.. this place SUCKS!!!

TXLIGHTNING
06-11-2008, 11:41 AM
Welcome David :beer: