PDA

View Full Version : Damn Rain!

nacklas
06-26-2008, 04:13 PM
So I know this topic has been on here many of times! Terry did some work on my L a few weeks back and as always had the L runnin great. But last week me and a friend went out and when I got home my girl had parked her car under the carport. Not thinking anything bout it I park the L beside her car (not under the carport). Well son of a gun it RAINED that nite and hard. We had winds up to 70mph and the rain was coming down sideways! :icon_eek: Some how water got on my coils. I think from the hood I have on it. I was soo pissed that my truck was runnin rough and lean.:flaming: It's back to runnin good after a week of crapy runnin. And then in North Richland Hills when I was at school it started raining! I was like HELL NO :nono:...Ran out and parked the L in the Dyno shop! I hate the rain! Sorry bout the long spill but I just needed to vent!

TXLIGHTNING
06-26-2008, 04:22 PM
So I know this topic has been on here many of times! Terry did some work on my L a few weeks back and as always had the L runnin great. But last week me and a friend went out and when I got home my girl had parked her car under the carport. Not thinking anything bout it I park the L beside her car (not under the carport). Well son of a gun it RAINED that nite and hard. We had winds up to 70mph and the rain was coming down sideways! :icon_eek: Some how water got on my coils. I think from the hood I have on it. I was soo pissed that my truck was runnin rough and lean.:flaming: It's back to runnin good after a week of crapy runnin. And then in North Richland Hills when I was at school it started raining! I was like HELL NO :nono:...Ran out and parked the L in the Dyno shop! I hate the rain! Sorry bout the long spill but I just needed to vent! Get a new hood lol. I had the same problem with water getting in my distributer in my old 5.0 Mustang. It was similar to the hood you have now.

nacklas
06-26-2008, 04:57 PM
LOL...I need too! I have been thinking bout witching to a different hood.

dboat
06-27-2008, 07:42 AM
stock hood, no issues.. :D

04 RedApple
06-27-2008, 03:28 PM
My windshield wipers have never been on!

dboat
06-27-2008, 03:37 PM
My windshield wipers have never been on!

Rain-X?

04 RedApple
06-27-2008, 03:43 PM
No, it just a highly protected garage queen! I show it quite often in local shows and last two years at Autorama, so a lot of chrome and polished stuff under the bottom that you don't want water spots on. Sub-division water sprinklers are also a bitch!!!!:icon_twisted:

nacklas
06-27-2008, 04:59 PM
I relish the day I can just park mine and drive it on the weekends! Like to find a different DD.