PDA

View Full Version : No F-150s in the Driveway!

Lyfisin
08-20-2008, 05:17 AM
It's amazing the rules people can make and at least try to enforce. This guy in Frisco has a new F-150, but apparently the truck isn't 'upscale' enough to park in the driveway even though other trucks are.

Some of the comments from the HOA are just horrible.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/DN-friscopickups_17met.ART0.West.Edition1.4d8a269.htm l

ßm

Shiner1
08-20-2008, 11:57 AM
HOA, fancy word for communist.

gbgary
08-20-2008, 01:15 PM
the same stuff goes in the neighborhood i live in. nothing parked in the driveways (on a regular basis)...only in garages and the designated areas.

Mark #2
08-20-2008, 01:39 PM
Same kinds of rules in Richardson, been "ticketed" for lots of things, boats, motorcyles, car covers(can't have a vehicle in your driveway with a car cover on it). numbers don't meet the paint code(because they changed the code), numbers on house don't meet the minimum height(because they changed the size rule) and location, I could keep writing for hours, but you get the idea.

There are just all kinds of rules, and we don't even have a HOA. These are city rules.:rolleyes:

Shiner1
08-20-2008, 02:24 PM
I live on a cul-de-sac and we dont have an HOA but we have a group of neighbors that keep things looking nice, just not over the top. This guy who lived a couple of doors down decided it was a good idea to park is 30ft pontoon boat in the street. The neighbors went to his place asked him to move it. It took a couple of visits but he did. Seems like a better plan than the Nazi's...

L8 APEX
08-20-2008, 11:06 PM
I saw that and was suprised he had a clean new F150. HOA are about all the wrong things most of the time. It takes a real pair to harrass your neighbors like that. Especially when they can walk a few houses over and discuss the matter personally. I always did hate the way people used their garages for storage and parked outside and on the street like most subs these days. On a street of new homes there are cars down both sides and oil stains on the road... Ugly.

my2002lightning
08-21-2008, 01:31 AM
Those city folk. :nono: What if it were a Lightning?

PoorSvtman
08-21-2008, 08:43 PM
If my hood ad a HOA id be screwed lol.. All the welding, wrenching, cutting, torching, etc ive done in that garage... My neighbors put up with me and usualy come over when im out late to get outa the house and have a few beers...