PDA

View Full Version : MRI tomorrow

L8 APEX
08-24-2008, 09:58 PM
Looking for what is wrong with me, wish me luck:icon_eek:

Beaudee
08-24-2008, 10:35 PM
:tu:Hope all goes well bro!!Had one done once,You go through a tunnel and sounds like someones beatin on the the side with a big hammer.No worrys,no problems good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

my2002lightning
08-24-2008, 11:08 PM
Good luck and hope all is well, Terry.

Ronald and Zane.

toddwarren
08-25-2008, 08:54 AM
Good Luck Terry I had an MRI once if it isnot open one just dont open your eyes and you will be fine! I opened mine and you feel like you are in a casket:icon_eek:

L-Fever
08-25-2008, 09:34 AM
Looking for what is wrong with me, wish me luck:icon_eek:

You just need some MBP! :tu::icon_mrgreen:

Shiner1
08-25-2008, 09:48 AM
Good luck Terry. Take some good tunes.

98Cobra
08-25-2008, 10:04 AM
You cant have anything like an ipod in an MRI machine. In fact, you cant have anything metal in the room at all (well, at least not metal that works with magnets.)

Good luck Terry, keep us posted.

TXLIGHTNING
08-25-2008, 10:07 AM
Good luck Terry. Hope everything goes well.

Silver_2000
08-25-2008, 10:56 AM
Good Luck terry - its no big deal - They will offer you head phones - pick some decent music, close your eyes and just hold still and zone out

Its no big deal

Mark #2
08-25-2008, 11:55 AM
Good Luck terry - its no big deal - They will offer you head phones - pick some decent music, close your eyes and just hold still and zone out

Its no big deal

Unless you are claustrophobic like me, my heart rate literally increased dramatically just by thinking back on the many times that I have been in it.

Silver_2000
08-25-2008, 12:07 PM
Unless you are claustrophobic like me, my heart rate literally increased dramatically just by thinking back on the many times that I have been in it.
OPEN MRI (http://www.healthcareassociates.com/OpenMRI.htm)

L8 APEX
08-25-2008, 09:37 PM
My ride was in a Siemens little tunnel machine. I almost forgot my phones and belt buckle. The headphones were cool they were all plastic and the sound traveled to them through a 3/8 poly tube. I could swear I could feel the magnet/radio waves etc..
The doc says I have abnormal brain activity, how funny is that, lol...

I went for a second opinion at lunch since I had the films in hand. I knew I was in trouble when I saw the address of the doctors office.:icon_eek:
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/thumbs/0825081202b.jpg
I have a consultation Thursday and will know more then...
I am damn tired, had a hard Sunday moving kids to college assembling IKEA crap. little sleep in anticipation, scan at 6.30am, work in sun all day.. I am gonna drink a little and sleep a lot.

Wht95Lightning
08-25-2008, 10:15 PM
I can just imagine what the technician saw...

http://middlezonemusings.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/abby-normal.jpg

:evil

L8 APEX
08-25-2008, 10:33 PM
I'll bet Sirius is playing Highway to Hell on the way home...:beer:

mikelemoine
08-25-2008, 10:34 PM
They told me they couldn't find anything when they scanned my brain a few years ago. Not sure if that was good or bad???

gbgary
08-25-2008, 11:19 PM
The doc says I have abnormal brain activity, how funny is that, lol...

thought you were getting your knee looked at? :icon_confused:

L8 APEX
08-25-2008, 11:46 PM
That was just an observation the doctor made on his own:D.
The knee isn't looking good. My 2nd opinion said surgery won't help only a replacement. A replacement is not an option to me. Limited range of motion and use afterwards with @ 6 months recovery. So I am looking at loosing my ability to continue my work and sustain life as I know it. It is really f'ing with my head. I can only get 3 steroid injections a year and a shot only lasts 3-4 weeks at this point. So it is pills and ice packs every night just to make it through the next day. The pills make my my stomach bleed and eat my liver up. They also tell me not to drink with them due to the risk of liver damage. I am a damn mechanic how do I make a living without my knees. Even things I live for like driving, riding ATV's etc have become painful tasks. At 31 it seems like a very grim future. I don't know how many months I can do the pills and ice packs just to survive... I have always said life is about quality over quantity. I'll stick by it.

toddwarren
08-26-2008, 09:00 AM
Are you certain 6 months for rehab on a knee replacement? I have heard
people are up walking right after surgery and I know with hip replacement,
people who were in miserable pain feel much better afterwards.
Terry you are 31 get the knee fixed after you exhaust other measures.
Pain pills and steroid shots only going to help for so long.
Terry you sound a bit depressed and I understand pain makes people that way. Life is worth living and you have many gifts to offer, do not discount
your abilities.

Sixpipes
08-26-2008, 11:25 AM
If you can do the knee replacement, do it. I have had 5 different friends (not including my mom) in the last two years get it done and they were mobile within a week....all of them. And most were advanced age. I agree with the quality of life issue, and believe me, you are way too young to be looking at a life with that kind of physical handicap when you can get a replacement and be back in business in two month tops.

As for the abnormal brain activity, I have that and people just have to get use t it as far as I'm concerned. :icon_mrgreen:

Mark #2
08-26-2008, 11:36 AM
If you can do the knee replacement, do it. I have had 5 different friends (not including my mom) in the last two years get it done and they were mobile within a week....all of them. And most were advanced age. I agree with the quality of life issue, and believe me, you are way too young to be looking at a life with that kind of physical handicap when you can get a replacement and be back in business in two month tops.

As for the abnormal brain activity, I have that and people just have to get use t it as far as I'm concerned. :icon_mrgreen:

Two relatives in their 80s had it done at Thanksgiving last year and were walking around fine at Christmas.

Ohmsby
08-26-2008, 11:53 AM
Check out the Knee osteotomy or the unispacer.

Doc friend of mine said the alternatives are getting better and each situation is unique but to do your due diligence. Not all doctors take the time to explore alternatives especially for the younger patients.

Also if the pirate thing works out you could do the peg leg....

L-Fever
08-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Check out the Knee osteotomy or the unispacer.

Doc friend of mine said the alternatives are getting better and each situation is unique but to do your due diligence. Not all doctors take the time to explore alternatives especially for the younger patients.

Also if the pirate thing works out you could do the peg leg....

aye aye matey! :eek: awk!

Silver_2000
08-26-2008, 12:47 PM
If 80 year olds are up and going in 2-4 weeks you should see much better recovery

Dont let it get to you

WA 2 FST
08-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Terry,

I concur with these other guys. Get the surgery done. It may create a short-term issue with your job (shouldn't... they can't fire you b/c of it, even if it lays you up for a little bit). As far as I can see, that's the ONLY downside to this surgery.

You're too young too feel old, so fix what is feeling old and you'll be in great shape, and back to normal.

-Wes

03LightningRocks
08-26-2008, 04:20 PM
SO WTF???? Was the MRI for your knee or your brain??? Or was it for your knee and they accidently scanned your brain due to your head being up your ass?

Jeezus Harold Christ Terry....every service tech I know has jacked up knees. Includding me. I can't remember the last time I didn't moan as I stood up. It's part of the business...suck it up and quit your bitching. You sound like a little old lady. Don't make me break a leg off. Go to walgreens and get one of those elastic knee supports. Wear it a few weeks and you will be better....or just drink more...whichever works best...LOL.

My bet is that you feel tired all the time because of the DRUGS they give you when you whine about your knees. That or just good old fashioned depression.

Hope your alright....I figured maybe you just needed an internet enema. You should be clear about it all now. Call me ya goofball...we can do lunch and share sad stories.

Shiner1
08-26-2008, 04:47 PM
When you ask a question on this board, you may never get the answer you want but will always have plenty to choose from..:rll:

TXLIGHTNING
08-26-2008, 05:23 PM
ActivOn, apply it directly where it hurts :evil

gbgary
08-26-2008, 07:31 PM
i think your quality of life will be much better with the replacement if the problems you're having are bad as you describe. i was/am lucky i had an office job waiting for me or i'd have had to get that done sometime, and probably some spinal fusion, along the way.

03LightningRocks
08-26-2008, 09:06 PM
i think your quality of life will be much better with the replacement if the problems you're having are bad as you describe. i was/am lucky i had an office job waiting for me or i'd have had to get that done sometime, and probably some spinal fusion, along the way.

......spinal fushion and I need to have a brain transplant for staying in this business as long as I have.:cool:

Beaudee
08-27-2008, 08:39 AM
http://www.bodysolid.com/Item.aspx?ItemID=356&ItemLabel=G4I%3A+Body-Solid+G4I+Iso-Flex+Home+Gym http://www.bodysolid.com/Category.aspx?CategoryTypeID=9&CategoryID=30&ItemLabel=Leg+%26+Hip+Machines

Mika
08-28-2008, 05:54 PM
Agreed on getting your knees replaced if it's at all possible. If you need a job that's not 100% commission, lemme know. I may be able to help you out. You won't get rich by any means, but it's a steady paycheck and a relatively low stress environment. Good luck and keep us posted.

Mika

jeff56
08-29-2008, 10:24 PM
Damn, Rocks beat me to it...probably better, as he has more right to say it anyway. What started this downward trend on your knee anyway? It's gotta be pretty f'd up if they say knee replacement right away versus a little scope work.

My pop's had his knee replaced as well as had both scoped about 4 times each. Then again, he's also had several knuckles on each hand replaced or fused, both ankles fused, both wrists fused, about 6 vertabrae in all fused over the course of four spinal surgeries, and work on both elbows. Degenarative arthritis - serious stuff, not that paltry my hands hurt BS they show on the TV commercials.

Stay up, bro...get your sh*& fixed and keep on rolling. Pain pills are no good either - get rid of that crap. Stuff will mess with your head. Although, when I was recovering with my foot/leg, I used to really enjoy popping a few hydrocodone and staying up all night playing computer solitaire. I digress though....

Sorry to hear this has got you down, but get 'er fixed and get back to it. Maybe you can hook up with a hot nurse in post-op!

dboat
08-30-2008, 08:05 PM
Terry, there are some other non-surgical alternatives. I just got back and its late but I will post up some of them later.. if these done work, the replacement isnt as bad as you are saying.
take care

Dana

Mark #2
08-30-2008, 09:34 PM
Maybe you can hook up with a hot nurse in post-op!
Be very careful with that recommendation that's how I got married.:icon_mrgreen:

Shiner1
08-31-2008, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by jeff56 http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images_talon/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=153600#post153600)
Maybe you can hook up with a hot nurse in post-op!

Now we are back to the Vasectomy issue agan. :evil

Aggie Mom
08-31-2008, 08:54 PM
Be very careful with that recommendation that's how I got married.:icon_mrgreen:

Wow, that is either really romantic or a really good Penthouse story! Either way, I think it's cool. :bows

L8 APEX
09-02-2008, 10:01 AM
I am about done with the whole issue. Scoping is limited to the removal of torn cartilage, scar tissue and bone fragments. My MRI shows no tears, tissue or fragments to remove. It is simply the slippery lining on the patella is worn very thin and arthritis is setting in. Nothing to scope so the only real fix is replacement but I am not going through that in my 30's. I am going to try and lose weight first of all to help the joints. I went to a chiropractor and he recommended daily ice and some flexamin supplements. I found an old bottle of pills my vet gave my shepherd for his hip displaysia and I am taking those. They seem to be helping. I'll give things about a year to turn around for the better. I am also back into the bottle. Crown is the best medicine of all!:beer:. I don't know why I ever quit...

dboat
09-02-2008, 10:21 AM
While not medically approved and its been around for 50 years, take a look at prolotherapy. It works for some.. they inject, via a needle, an irritant into the joint area which, for some, causes the body to react and create new tissue to form. It isnt covered by insurance and it generally takes several injections to get results, if they happen. It also tends not to be cheap. However, some do get results. They do it in hips, knees, ankles, backs, etc.. go to someone that has been doing it a while and knows what they are doing.. get online and do research as to who in your area performs this procedure.. if you are interested.

Dana