PDA

View Full Version : AEM A/F newbie question.....

BradOcean
12-09-2008, 01:19 AM
I have had an aem a/f gauge and sensor for a couple of months and i am finally going to put it on the L. My question is, with me having an Xcal2 can you delete the rear cats like you can with an Xcal3? I was told that you could do that with the 3. Or should i get a o2 sensor bung and have one of the welders at work weld it into the stock pipes? Having it welded up is no problem and wont cost me anything besides a couple beers for the welder. :beer: And also i was looking into a gauge pod for the pillar and i have heard that on certain years they are different than others. Mine is an 02. I appreciate yalls help in advance, i know that these are beginner questions but you have to start somewhere lol.:rolleyes:

boostaholic
12-09-2008, 08:47 AM
brett you can get the rear o2s deleted but it will require a mail order tune or someone local to load a tune onto your hand held. i used the drivers side rear bung for mine and it worked great.

L8 APEX
12-09-2008, 09:20 AM
The rear o2s should be off already. I install the AEMs in the rear drivers side bung. late 01 or early 02 was the pillar change the top edge has a hook instead of a long smooth line.