PDA

View Full Version : NFL Channel

Mark #2
12-18-2008, 08:52 PM
Tired of watching it on my computer, is there no outrage on the NFL channel any more?

Do we get to see the Cowboys on Saturday on TV or will I be watching it on the computer?

dboat
12-18-2008, 09:12 PM
I get it on DirecTv.. channel 212 in HD as well..

WA 2 FST
12-18-2008, 09:18 PM
I think it is on Ch. 33 if you have cable.

I'll be heading down to Houston to watch Allen High School play in their first 5A State Champ. game. You guys need to text me the score of the Cowboys game!

Mark #2
12-20-2008, 09:02 PM
OMG, and I thought Fox was horrible on NASCAR.
Deion Sanders and these guys are off the chart bad.

FRDRCING
12-20-2008, 09:48 PM
I don't know what's worse the Play calling on the NFL network or the Cowboys Offense.

ZeusSVT
12-20-2008, 09:50 PM
Both are a miserable failure at this point. :confused: I'm shocked we aren't down by more than we are right now. They better get their head out of their ass at halftime.

FRDRCING
12-20-2008, 09:54 PM
Both are a miserable failure at this point. :confused: I'm shocked we aren't down by more than we are right now. They better get their head out of their ass at halftime.

They are just lucky to have gotten that Turn over inside the red zone. Without that they are down 9 points at the half.

ZeusSVT
12-20-2008, 10:05 PM
They are just lucky to have gotten that Turn over inside the red zone. Without that they are down 9 points at the half.

Yeah, if they play like this the second half, they might as well hang their helmets for the season. No way they will make it thru the first round of the playoffs with this kind of performance.

dboat
12-20-2008, 10:34 PM
Yeah, if they play like this the second half, they might as well hang their helmets for the season. No way they will make it thru the first round of the playoffs with this kind of performance.

That is if they make the playoffs.. playing like this, they wont:flaming:

ZeusSVT
12-20-2008, 10:55 PM
That is if they make the playoffs.. playing like this, they wont:flaming:

Yep, exactly......what a way to close out a historic stadium huh.:hammer:

Mark #2
12-20-2008, 11:19 PM
Turn out the lights the party is over, the Cowboys are done.

dboat
12-20-2008, 11:20 PM
Turn out the lights the party is over, the Cowboys are done.

only 2 min left and they need to score twice... :mad:

ZeusSVT
12-20-2008, 11:31 PM
2008 Season = http://neatorama.cachefly.net/images/2008-01/shipment-of-fail.jpg

FRDRCING
12-20-2008, 11:40 PM
Wow how can the Def. line let that RB run the same play twice for over 60 yards for a TD. That was probably the worst game the Cowboys played all year long. Once again Romo is at fault for the loss. He had TO and Crayton open and over threw the ball that would of been a TD on both plays. So those points would of been a huge difference in the game. But that is just how things go for the Cowboys late in the season.

Silver_2000
12-21-2008, 12:06 AM
The game was depressing
The Farewell show was worse
It looked and sounded like a high school production
It wasnt in HD - there were huge souunds glitches through out which I guess they tried to cover by having too loud background music that was just distracting
You could hear off camera talent practicing the next segment and the prduction staff talking about god knows what in the background
Not sure who sponsored it but whovere that was should get thier money back
CW 33 must be so proud

L8 APEX
12-21-2008, 12:20 AM
I wondered what that background noise was. I was watching it in the truck and thought an AM station was bleeding in...
Another consistently bed performance by Romo, still a fluke??? I am out of words...

0'Lightning
12-21-2008, 12:21 AM
the game was depressing
the farewell show was worse
it looked and sounded like a high school production
it wasnt in hd - there were huge souunds glitches through out which i guess they tried to cover by having too loud background music that was just distracting
you could hear off camera talent practicing the next segment and the prduction staff talking about god knows what in the background
not sure who sponsored it but whovere that was should get thier money back
cw 33 must be so proud

+100

Silver_2000
12-21-2008, 12:30 AM
cw33 now has a "Live - courtesy cowboys TV " on the screen - Of course it covers the names and stats on the screen but oh well ... at least we know who to blame - Its Jerrys fault

True Blue Aggie
12-21-2008, 02:16 AM
I'm gonna get blasted for this, but here we go...

Romo was not that bad. His line was awful at picking up the different linemen/linebackers though. Romo likes to scramble to gain space, but had to scramble today to miss Ray Lewis coming up through the middle. And the throw for the INT in the 1st Q was off, like it slipped out of his hand or something. Maybe those watching on TV saw it better....

The whole game felt like everyone was waiting for Baltimore to give up, instead of going out and winning it. The segments with the retired players (during time outs on the field) was cool.

Post game show was horrible. Sound was horrible, setup on the field was bad....and did I mention the cold? I'm just thawing out now.

ZeusSVT
12-21-2008, 03:01 AM
I wondered what that background noise was. I was watching it in the truck and thought an AM station was bleeding in...
Another consistently bed performance by Romo, still a fluke??? I am out of words...

Yep, I'm out of words too. Where's the consistency?? It's not there. I take back my arguements for him deserving pro-bowl nod. He folds like a little Bitch when the pressure is on. He'll never be able to win a championship like that.

I was thinking and drinking at the same time. (I know, a little dangerous) :eek:. Maybe Jerry needs to start cleaning house. Wade, Romo, Owens, and himself. :evil He needs to hire a general manager to start running shit. They better get their shit together. With the prices of seats at that new stadium, you're gonna have to win to fill those seats EVERY sunday. :flaming:

tliss
12-21-2008, 04:06 PM
I wonder if they are swinging the wrecking balls now...I figure they should just start tearing that building down now.

As far as the Cowboys...three letters...LOL!!! :banana: No playoffs for you :nono:

Can't wait to see Philly knock 'em down next weekend!!

Tom

98Cobra
12-21-2008, 04:25 PM
Wtf! Gtfo! :)

BC Lightning
12-21-2008, 07:48 PM
I wonder if they are swinging the wrecking balls now...I figure they should just start tearing that building down now.

As far as the Cowboys...three letters...LOL!!! :banana: No playoffs for you :nono:

Can't wait to see Philly knock 'em down next weekend!!

Tom

Not so fast, Philly and Tampa Bay lost, and if the Cowboys win against Philly next week theyre in the playoffs

They wont tear down Texas Stadium, it will cost too much to do that, so basically its going to stay like it is for a while and rot even more

They are more concerned with widening 183 and making it 4 lanes on either side than what they will do with Texas stadium. My dad went to the last city meeting and some one said they should turn it into a big .99 cent store

and Romo, Its definitely not Jessica thats throwing his game off, he just can't play when it counts, he will put up great stats, but when the game is on the line and stats don't matter, he will never be able to do what he needs to to get to a championship....and were building the team around him

ZeusSVT
12-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Not so fast, Philly and Tampa Bay lost, and if the Cowboys win against Philly next week theyre in the playoffs

They wont tear down Texas Stadium, it will cost too much to do that, so basically its going to stay like it is for a while and rot even more

They are more concerned with widening 183 and making it 4 lanes on either side than what they will do with Texas stadium. My dad went to the last city meeting and some one said they should turn it into a big .99 cent store

and Romo, Its definitely not Jessica thats throwing his game off, he just can't play when it counts, he will put up great stats, but when the game is on the line and stats don't matter, he will never be able to do what he needs to to get to a championship....and were building the team around him

Exactly. A win next week and they are in, since everything that needed to go wrong today did. So now they control their own destiny. But truthfully I really don't want them to win next week. It will just prolong this season with a first round loss to someone probably like the last two years.

Like I said last night though, if they wanna win a championship I think some restructuring needs to happen. I'm so sick of T.O. these days, Romo can when when it's important, and Jerry really needs to get a general manager and let them start making some decisions for the team. His strategy hasn't worked for the last ten years to win a playoff game, so nothings gonna change unless something changes internally. I even think that maybe a the head coaching job needs to be up for availability as well. Until then, we will play good in the beginning, get our hopes up and then get :throw: in December.

tliss
12-21-2008, 09:52 PM

And when they lose they will be out. Just because Philly lost this week doesn't mean they will just lay down next week. I think Philly will wipe the floor with the Cowboys next weekend...can't wait!:d Getcha popkern reddy!! :popcorn

Tom

L8 APEX
12-21-2008, 10:07 PM
It hasn't been all Homo though... Whitten and TO have dropped some game losing balls in the last four games.

Mark #2
12-21-2008, 10:22 PM
And when they lose they will be out. Just because Philly lost this week doesn't mean they will just lay down next week. I think Philly will wipe the floor with the Cowboys next weekend...can't wait!:d Getcha popkern reddy!! :popcorn

Tom
Philly looked pretty sorry today, do they have any receivers that will play next week?
They didn't have any today

Silver_2000
12-21-2008, 11:07 PM
the plans for the space include flattening the stadium - Jones ran it in to the ground - they have rented the space to DOT for space to do the road widening to he tune of millions for rent

But the team is moving to Arlington next season. And the stadium will soon be demolished to pave the way for development.

State transportation officials and the city are working on an agreement that will allow the state to rent the stadium site from Irving for the next decade at an estimated cost of $15 million. The land will be used as the staging area for the massive $518 million project dubbed the Diamond Interchange.

Irving officials want to have the stadium site cleared by early 2010, though they haven't decided whether to demolish the stadium in one dramatic spectacle or dismantle it piece by piece. They also are exploring whether to sell the opportunity to push the implosion button if they go the demolition route.
"You can imagine an Eagles or Redskins fan would love to blow it up," Ms. McDonald said.

Mark #2
12-21-2008, 11:23 PM
the plans for the space include flattening the stadium - Jones ran it in to the ground - they have rented the space to DOT for space to do the road widening to he tune of millions for rent

I doubt they will blow it up, it is such bad shape and with the construction crews out there they can easily take it down.

ZeusSVT
12-21-2008, 11:54 PM
I also heard something a while back that they were fishing around at the opportunity to do the demolition as part of a movie shoot. If they could find a movie that was interested in paying the money and it fit in the movie somehow.

I think it was back during the release of The Dark Knight. Cause they were comparing this historical structure to that hospital that The Dark Knight used in the movie.

At least if they did go this route, it could be remembered for a movie instead of the pitiful loss that they went out with in the stadium. :hammer: