PDA

View Full Version : More bad football...

WA 2 FST
12-28-2008, 07:18 PM
...you know its bad when a die-hard Cowboys fan refuses to watch the 2nd half and instead goes outside to take down Christmas lights. :mad:

If Wade Phillips doesn't resign within the next week, he is not a man of integrity. This is the more poorly coached team in the last 10 years. People can say whatever they want about Barry Switzer, but at least he didn't screw up with the talent he was given on a silver platter.

Phillips as a head coach is a joke, and obviously Garrett isn't the next Vince Lombardi. Time to turn the page on this nightmare.

If I was shelling out the $$ for a product, and building a new facility to show off my product, I'd demand a much better facilitator. Jones should be livid. He has every right to be.

L8 APEX
12-28-2008, 07:25 PM
It made me sick to my stomach! I am calling in sick tomorrow:vomit:. The defense tried and tried, TO even got a good rally started. Romo gave it away EVERY time!:bs

WA 2 FST
12-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Romo was on his back every time he threw the ball. The Eagles D-coord Johnson is good, but he is very predictable. He loves to blitz often. Why the Cowboys can't game-plan any better than that is beyond me.

And after the first two series, the only guy who was catching the ball was Whitten. The whiney wide-outs need to shut up. They all had plenty of opportunities to make plays (at least what I saw in the 1st half). Roy Williams was sulking and can't figure out that once you get behind a guy, you keep running away from him... not back into coverage. Wow, that was poor.

TO probably loves Whitten now since Whitten threw him a pass.

Romo was bad, though. Actually, he was horrible.

I feel like a ride down GBF at 165. Gotta blow off some steam. :lol:

dboat
12-28-2008, 08:11 PM
I was in transit and didnt see it but heard about it.. deleted it off of the dvr.. oh well, wait until next year.. the off season should be interesting.

Ohmsby
12-28-2008, 09:00 PM
Wow that should be used as a training film. That was tragic at best

Shiner1
12-28-2008, 09:39 PM
+1 to all said. Wes, my neighbor wa doing just that...taking down Christmas lights at halftime..:d

WA 2 FST
12-28-2008, 09:42 PM
+1 to all said. Wes, my neighbor wa doing just that...taking down Christmas lights at halftime..:d

Too bad he doesn't live next door to me. We could have been sharing the pain together.

I couldn't stand it. I literally had to get out of my living room and go do something productive. Christmas lights it was...saved me some time I can use productively later this week. :o

Ohmsby
12-28-2008, 09:50 PM
Does Mr. Newman Know the football is the brown thing with the laces on it.

I know that several were to blame but holy mackerel my little sister could have done better

We bolted after the second return for touchdown and went Grocery shopping:hammer:

ZeusSVT
12-28-2008, 10:31 PM
Pitiful performance. I didn't wear any cowboys stuff to go watch the game because I knew what was about to happen. Plus the fact that I am in New Jersey right now. I would have gotten slaughtered. :d

At best this off season, Phillips, Garrett, and even T.O. need to get the hell out. The other receivers that we have, if given the opportunity with play time will be productive. They have the running game players that they need. I say **** the passing game next year, put it on the ground and wear the other teams out. We can't rely on Romo 100% of the time. His turnover ratio is getting up there, because they are having to rely on the passing game so much.

They disgusted me today. :hammer:

If my prius rental car would do more than 80 I might go blow off some steam too. :throw:

N2Otorious
12-29-2008, 03:38 AM
I was in transit and didnt see it but heard about it.. deleted it off of the dvr.. oh well, wait until next year.. the off season should be interesting.

I did the same thing, DVR'd it, and then deleted it when I got in the house from working on my L. I didn't watch any of the game. I will always love the Cowboys, but lately it has been painful to watch them play.

dboat
12-29-2008, 08:59 AM
I am very hesitant to make a decision on one game.. I have seen some teams that just have it right and the other team have it wrong on a given day.. think back to when the Cowboys put up over 50 points on the Bills in the SuperBowl.. and that was a very talented Bills team.
I do think the following:

1) TO is probably a bit a of distraction, but was he any more of a distraction than other players of the past? Duane Thomas, Thomas Henderson, Michael Irvin, etc
2) I tend to agree that the Cowboys have an offensive line that run blocks very well, but they dont pass block nearly as well. The reason we need and like Romo is because of his mobility. When we play a team with better than average pass rushing (i.e. Eagles #3 defense) then they struggle, and then we blame Romo for this? I do think some blame lies with the offensive line here. I dont expect the offensive line to give Romo 10 seconds, but 5 seconds yes..
3) I do think that we were fortunate to be three running backs deep since the two starters went down.
4) The Cowboys were the most penalized team in the league. That is a sign of lack of discipline. This is coaching.
5) The defenses have figured out their offense, even with the very gifted players that they have, this is the fault of the Offensive Coordinator.

Would I fire Phillips? probably not, but I would put certain expectations in place. Remember, Phillips has to use the players that the GM gets for him and so Jerry Jones has some blame in this too. I think the coach of the Cowboys is in an immasculated position because of the role that Jerry plays in the organization. Jerry gives him TO, Pacman, etc.. but he also gives him the other great players too, Witten, Ware, etc.. They clearly need to upgrade the backup QB position as that got exposed as a HUGE shortcoming this year. But as the GM I would want to see how Wade is going to cut a wide path to bring this team back and get them to play as a TEAM next year.

Dana

Ohmsby
12-29-2008, 09:33 AM
Lot of good comments Dana

Is Flozell Adams the most penalized player in the game??

Tony was on his back more than a two dollar hooker yesterday I agree the O line is not what it could be.

TO is not good for this team IMHO

dboat
12-29-2008, 09:40 AM
Lot of good comments Dana

Is Flozell Adams the most penalized player in the game??

Tony was on his back more than a two dollar hooker yesterday I agree the O line is not what it could be.

TO is not good for this team IMHO

I am on the fence with TO.. some may feel he is derisive... but at least he calls people out to get them to play better.. he is hard on himself too.. but you cant argue that his stats speak for themselves.. he does play hard and any good receiver wants the ball. He just wants to win and win a Superbowl.. I think we have already seen where the media tried to make an issue where there wasnt one and he called out the ESPN guy that was doing it.. so I dont believe everything I hear or read from them.

Dana

Ohmsby
12-29-2008, 09:48 AM
I looked it up Flo is not the most penalized player in the league but does rank up there every year.

TO is just not good for the team Karma IMHO

Well the new stadium should solve all of the problems anyway.........

tiffo60
12-29-2008, 09:55 AM
Cowboys are true to there record, Piss it away in the end game.........

Ohmsby
12-29-2008, 11:37 AM
At least we have the Rangers........................:D

N2Otorious
12-29-2008, 11:57 AM
At least we have the Rangers........................:D
:rll:

99WhiteBeast
12-29-2008, 01:28 PM
Why is Pacman still returning punts when he can't get positive yardage and hold on to the freaking ball?

If your # 1 and #2 receivers can't get the job done why not put in Crayton or Austin?

When will Romo learn to take a sack?

Poor technique in tackling- arm tackles ain't gonna get it in the NFL.

Pitiful:flaming:

I wonder if I can get a refund on my PSL:hammer:

WA 2 FST
12-29-2008, 01:54 PM
My reaction is not based on one game. It is based on taking a team that talent-wise is as good as any in the NFL and doing absolutely nothing with it... last year in the playoffs, and this year past the 3-0 start.

Sure the team has limitations. In the era of the salary cap, all teams will have limitations, which puts even more of a premium on coaching. But this team has a ton of talent on both sides of the ball, and one of the top kickers in the league. Even when their punter went down, Jones got Wade a quality replacement.

I agree about the backup QB, but outside of Matt Cassel and the Pats, no one wins games consistently with a backup QB. But that is irrelevent when we're talking about having Romo get to play 13 of 16 games. The backup QB issue didn't keep them out of the playoffs, and I'd go as far as saying that if they lost their starter in Game 1 for the season like the Pats, then I wouldn't expect the team to make the playoffs (this year or next year, for that matter).

The team is undisciplined, and they do not make the adjustments on offense to scratch and claw against top-rated defenses. This is not b/c of a lack of talent. This is a lack of coaching.

Sorry, but the Pillsbury Doughboy needs to go, and he can take his O-Coord with him.

0'Lightning
12-29-2008, 01:57 PM
I did hear after the game by some commentators that they didn’t think a lot would change with Jerry Jones staying GM. I also hear there is some tension between a lot of the players on the team, and that the team is some what divided. I dont have a lot against Wade Phillips, but I wonder if a new GM and Coach would solve some of the problems we had this season.
Better Luck Next Year.:(

dboat
12-29-2008, 02:53 PM
I did hear after the game by some commentators that they didn’t think a lot would change with Jerry Jones staying GM. I also hear there is some tension between a lot of the players on the team, and that the team is some what divided. I dont have a lot against Wade Phillips, but I wonder if a new GM and Coach would solve some of the problems we had this season.
Better Luck Next Year.:(

Well, Wade may go, but the GM aint going anywhere.. He is there to stay and then I am betting his son will pick it up where he leaves off..

I do think JJ does try to field a team every year that can win a Superbowl. He is way better than most other owners.. but his overriding influence can really hurt the coach. Only Parcells and Johnson knew how to work with him.

Dana

tliss
12-29-2008, 05:22 PM
dang guys...I thought it was great game! good football imo! I think I loved it when the Eagles scrubs were beating up the Cowboys toward the end of the game :rll::rll:

Tom

dboat
12-29-2008, 05:27 PM
dang guys...I thought it was great game! good football imo! I think I loved it when the Eagles scrubs were beating up the Cowboys toward the end of the game :rll::rll:

Tom

kind of like how the Bears blew it on Sunday as well.. :tu::rll::rll::throw:

ADale13
12-29-2008, 06:40 PM
unlike alot of yall are saying, i think the cowboys have all the weapons on offense and defense to go undefeated and win a damn super bowl. maybe its wishful thinking and of course, with it being your favorite team, you typically say these kinds of things but look at the names and numbers that our players can produce. granted, witten is my fav of all time and is the only thing holding this team up right now, besides the D. but i mean realisitcally, we had an excellent team this year. i dont honestly know what happened.. couldve been coaching. thats the next thing you look at when you have all these great players, and no playoffs/super bowl/ etc.

i love the cowboys and ill contine to love them and cheer them on, its just hard to defend them in times like these. i hope things change SOON.

just my.02

ZeusSVT
12-29-2008, 08:06 PM
unlike alot of yall are saying, i think the cowboys have all the weapons on offense and defense to go undefeated and win a damn super bowl. maybe its wishful thinking and of course, with it being your favorite team, you typically say these kinds of things but look at the names and numbers that our players can produce. granted, witten is my fav of all time and is the only thing holding this team up right now, besides the D. but i mean realisitcally, we had an excellent team this year. i dont honestly know what happened.. couldve been coaching. thats the next thing you look at when you have all these great players, and no playoffs/super bowl/ etc.

i love the cowboys and ill contine to love them and cheer them on, its just hard to defend them in times like these. i hope things change SOON.

just my.02

Most here have been saying that repeatedly. We know we have the personnel to win it. It's having at "team" that really gets is done. If you do not have a coach that can coach a team and may all the talent click then you won't get anywhere or win when it counts. Our offense was too set on their routine ways and the teams figured it out. The coaches gotta go, or completely change the way that they have coached.

Mark #2
01-07-2009, 07:21 PM
Well one step in the right direction Pacman is gone, now TO needs to go too.
It also looks like Garrett is going to go.

BC Lightning
01-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Well one step in the right direction Pacman is gone, now TO needs to go too.
It also looks like Garrett is going to go.

why should one if not the best receiver in football needs to go?? If anyone needs to go off the offense its Romo

If Garrett is serious about coaching he needs to get as far away from Dallas as possible

If Wade isn't fired then we will still have no hope for next year

If Jerry were smart he would step down as GM and hire Jimmy Johnson as head coach or GM, but that will never happen. Just look at what the Tuna did for Miami, worst team in football last year and now they were in the playoffs this year

Mark #2
01-07-2009, 07:59 PM
why should one if not the best receiver in football needs to go?? If anyone needs to go off the offense its Romo

You are kidding me right, he can't catch the football, did he have the most drops in the NFC this year?

ZeusSVT
01-07-2009, 08:28 PM
You are kidding me right, he can't catch the football, did he have the most drops in the NFL this year?

Fixed it for ya....:evil

dboat
01-07-2009, 08:54 PM
I would keep TO and Romo.. TO only has a year or so left and drops or not, he is a great WR and even his prescence on the field makes the other team adjust.. Romo still has a lot of upside to him.. I think the bloom is off for Garrett, a different coordinator just might make a difference.. I would also look at who is coaching the quarterback as well..
Jerry isnt going to give up the GM job,.. so lets just get that out of the way now.. I dont think that Pacman played poorly but there are some new reports coming out that will allow the Commissioner to suspend him forever.. so look to the draft again for another CB..

Dana

BC Lightning
01-07-2009, 10:21 PM
You are kidding me right, he can't catch the football, did he have the most drops in the NFC this year?

Fixed it for ya....:evil

Maybe in the NFC but not NFL

Dallas Clark Ind 12
Braylon Edwards Cle 12
Reggie Bush NO 10
Devery Henderson NO 10
Santana Moss Was 10
Terrell Owens Dal 10
Randy Moss NE 9
Brian Westbrook 9

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?year=2007&range=NFL&type=Receiving&rank=232

Mark #2
01-07-2009, 10:23 PM

Dallas Clark Ind 12
Braylon Edwards Cle 12
Reggie Bush NO 10
Devery Henderson NO 10
Santana Moss Was 10
Terrell Owens Dal 10
Randy Moss NE 9
Brian Westbrook 9

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?year=2007&range=NFL&type=Receiving&rank=232
"For someone who is all about data......... you couldn't be more wrong"
Caught you HA HA
I said the NFC

BC Lightning
01-07-2009, 10:25 PM
TO also had 81 receptions this year and was 5th overall for yards per catch

5 Terrell Owens Dal 16.7 ( 1355/81 )

BC Lightning
01-07-2009, 10:26 PM
I said the NFC
http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFC&type=Receiving&rank=232&year=2007

read what I wrote

Dallas Clark Ind 12
Braylon Edwards Cle 12
Reggie Bush NO 10
Devery Henderson NO 10
Santana Moss Was 10
Terrell Owens Dal 10
Randy Moss NE 9
Brian Westbrook 9

Mark #2
01-07-2009, 10:30 PM
read what I wrote
I did on my inbox
---Quote (Originally by Mark #2)---
---End Quote---
For someone who is all about data......... you couldn't be more wrong
Dallas Clark Ind 12
Braylon Edwards Cle 12
Reggie Bush NO 10
Devery Henderson NO 10
Santana Moss Was 10
Terrell Owens Dal 10
Randy Moss NE 9
Brian Westbrook 9

BC Lightning
01-07-2009, 10:32 PM
6th overall for first down receptions...... your right he isn't pulling his weight lets get rid of him:rolleyes:

another stat........ #1 first downs per reception

1 Terrell Owens Dal 85.2 ( 69/81 )

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?year=2007&type=Receiving&range=NFL&rank=059

I'm sorry but he is too good to let go, he is and will continue to be a threat as long as he is an active player, if Roy Williams will get more than 2 receptions it will free up TO more and then the defense will be forced to play man coverage, which will leave Witten open more as well

But we still need a quarter back that can hold onto the ball or not throw 4 interceptions per game

BC Lightning
01-07-2009, 10:32 PM
I did on my inbox
---Quote (Originally by Mark #2)---
---End Quote---
For someone who is all about data......... you couldn't be more wrong
Dallas Clark Ind 12
Braylon Edwards Cle 12
Reggie Bush NO 10
Devery Henderson NO 10
Santana Moss Was 10
Terrell Owens Dal 10
Randy Moss NE 9
Brian Westbrook 9

and I changed it when I re read it

Mark #2
01-07-2009, 10:34 PM
and I changed it when I re read it
Truce, but TO still needs to go IMHO.:tu:

BC Lightning
01-07-2009, 10:35 PM
2nd overall in NFL for 25+ yard gains per reception

1 Reggie Wayne Ind 16
2t Jerricho Cotchery NYJ 13
2t Terrell Owens Dal 13

BC Lightning
01-07-2009, 10:36 PM
Truce, but TO still needs to go IMHO.:tu:

Truce, but for the good of the team he needs to stay :tu:

Mark #2
01-07-2009, 10:41 PM
Truce, but for the good of the team he needs to stay :tu:

Okay no truce now, how has his previous teams faired with him in the locker room? Is there a trend? He must go.

BC Lightning
01-07-2009, 10:41 PM
NFL Leaders: Intercepted Passes (Thru Dec. 28, 2008)

Rank Player Team Stats
1 Brett Favre NYJ 22
2 Jay Cutler Den 18
3 Drew Brees NO 17
4t Gus FrerotteMin 15
4t Ben Roethlisberger Pit 15
6t Tony Romo Dal 14
6t Kurt Warner Ari 14
8t Marc Bulger StL 13

NFL Leaders: % Pass Completed (Thru Dec. 28, 2008)
(14 Att/Game)
Rank Player Team Stats
1 Chad Pennington Mia 67.4 ( 321/476 )
2 Kurt Warner Ari 67.1 ( 401/598 )
3 Peyton Manning Ind 66.8 ( 371/555 )
4 Matt Schaub Hou 66.1 ( 251/380 )
5 Brett Favre NYJ 65.7 ( 343/522 )
6 Trent Edwards Buf 65.5 ( 245/374 )
7 Philip Rivers SD 65.3 ( 312/478 )
8 Drew Brees NO 65.0 ( 413/635 )
9 Jeff Garcia TB 64.9 ( 244/376 )
10 Aaron Rodgers GB 63.6 ( 341/536 )
11 Matt Cassel NE 63.4 ( 327/516 )
12 Shaun Hill SF 62.8 ( 181/288 )
13 David Garrard Jac 62.6 ( 335/535 )
14 Jay Cutler Den 62.3 ( 384/616 )
15 Jason Campbell Was 62.3 ( 315/506 )
16 Tony Romo Dal 61.3 ( 276/450 )

BC Lightning
01-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Okay no truce now, how has his previous teams faired with him in the locker room? Is there a trend? He must go.

wow....... that statement ranks right up there with people blaming Jessica for Romo's performance

I personally like a player to be vocal, he called out McNabb after the Super Bowl and IMO he had every right to, it wasn't TO's fault the Eagles lost the Super Bowl that year

He is the type of player that makes things happen down field, what has he done while a cowboy to tear them apart?? The Romo/Witten comment?? who cares. I really think that was way blown out of proportion.

I personally like players who are vocal like he is. When he talks he puts up numbers, he has done that his whole career

I still don't understand how people are so down on TO yet run to defend Romo, what has he done in his career?? and he is a pro athlete, he spent 4 years in Dallas before he became a starter, and started for 2 years, thats 6 years in the league and with the Cowboys. He is making Rookie mistakes. He is destined to be the next Brett Farve puts up pretty good stats, but will be a fumble/interception machine

Romo's comments after the loss made me sick, If I were making 60 million to play I would have a little more emotion

ZeusSVT
01-07-2009, 10:56 PM

Dallas Clark Ind 12
Braylon Edwards Cle 12
Reggie Bush NO 10
Devery Henderson NO 10
Santana Moss Was 10
Terrell Owens Dal 10
Randy Moss NE 9
Brian Westbrook 9

I know, I know, I was just yankin your chain. :d

BC Lightning
01-07-2009, 11:01 PM
I know, I know, I was just yankin your chain. :d

Lets just put in in perspective, of Romo's 14 interceptions and T.O.'s 10 dropped passes, which were game changers or momentum changers.....

that doesn't count for the Romo fumbles either

tliss
01-08-2009, 02:47 PM
kind of like how the Bears blew it on Sunday as well.. :tu::rll::rll::throw: Ha...just checking back on this thread today...

Let's see....44-6 or 31-24...which game was more competitve???

You Cowboys fans are in no position to be dissing anyone but the Detroit Lions! :tu::tu:

Tom

tliss
01-08-2009, 02:50 PM
And FYI Romo is Polish for turnover :rll::rll:

Tom

Shiner1
01-08-2009, 03:48 PM
And FYI Romo is Polish for turnover :rll::rll:

Tom

I thougt is was German for "I'm dating a skank"

dboat
01-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Ha...just checking back on this thread today...

Let's see....44-6 or 31-24...which game was more competitve???

You Cowboys fans are in no position to be dissing anyone but the Detroit Lions! :tu::tu:

Tom

Tom Tom Tom... lets face it, both of our teams are watching the playoffs on the tube, just like the Lions:nono:.. however, we still have a better team than yours and we have a much better chance at making a run at the SuperBowl next year.. who knows, maybe, just maybe, the Bears will think about getting a quarterback and becoming competitive sometime in the near future.. :hammer:

Dana

WA 2 FST
01-08-2009, 05:00 PM
Tom Tom Tom... lets face it, both of our teams are watching the playoffs on the tube, just like the Lions:nono:.. however, we still have a better team than yours and we have a much better chance at making a run at the SuperBowl next year.. who knows, maybe, just maybe, the Bears will think about getting a quarterback and becoming competitive sometime in the near future.. :hammer:

Dana

Yep. As much as we razz Tom (and vice-versa), the Bears really just need a QB. Of course, that is a big "just...". But they have a better D than the Cowboys, and their special teams are superb (of course, they have the best return man in the game). If they get a QB, they will win the division easily next year.

dboat
01-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Yep. As much as we razz Tom (and vice-versa), the Bears really just need a QB. Of course, that is a big "just...". But they have a better D than the Cowboys, and their special teams are superb (of course, they have the best return man in the game). If they get a QB, they will win the division easily next year.

of course they will win it.. its the second WEAKEST division in all of football.. not like the division the Cowboys are in.. where all of the teams were in the hunt to make the playoffs until the last week of the season.. they have no competition to speak of..

Dana

WA 2 FST
01-08-2009, 06:05 PM
Notice I said they'll win the division. I didn't say they'd do anything in the playoffs. :tongue:

I agree with you about the strengths of the two divisions compared side-by-side.

dboat
01-08-2009, 06:13 PM
This is about the only time I can get a rise out of Tom.. and he with me.. so its all fun..

Dana

tliss
01-08-2009, 11:06 PM
So let me get this straight...the Cowboys won how many more games than the Bears this year? Oh...they had the same record...that's right.

And how many playoff wins do the Cowboys have in the last 12 years or so? hmmmmmmm, that number escapes me....wait.....there's gotta be at least one....oh nope....zero. Read em and weep.....:throw:

The Cowboys may have the better team on paper, but 2009 is a whole new season. Hey, weren't they supposed to be going to the Super Bowl this year??? wonder what happened there.....:evil

Tom

BC Lightning
01-09-2009, 12:03 AM
Another question for Mark... which reciever do the Cowboys have to be a big playmaker downfield...........Roy Williams??? I'm sorry but you have no clue when you say get rid of T.O. There is no one bigger than the team, and TO is no exception, he is just a scape goat to you because of how he acted before, and for whatever reason you cant get over it

As for the bears, lets face it the AFC was a better conference than the NFC this year, and as a die hard cowboy fan watching the Cowboys struggle in a weak NFC is sad, every team had a chance like Dana said because the teams that were fighting for the last spot sucked!!!!!!!!

Mark #2
01-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Another question for Mark... which reciever do the Cowboys have to be a big playmaker downfield...........Roy Williams??? I'm sorry but you have no clue when you say get rid of T.O. There is no one bigger than the team, and TO is no exception, he is just a scape goat to you because of how he acted before, and for whatever reason you cant get over it!

This is how he has acted in Dallas
The guy is emotionally un-stable, crys "He's my quarterback", "He's my quarterback", ODs on Hydrocodone in an apparent suicide attempt, throws temper-tantrums at almost every game on the sidelines, etc.

This is from an article written in SI

"Last spring I talked to members of the Cowboy's organization who admitted that during last year's long and arduous T.O. saga, the club came to view Owens' behavior as consistent with one who was in need of mental treatment and evaluation. The Eagles believed his issues went far beyond being an egocentric athlete and inveterate attention seeker, and was an indication of serious mental and emotional issues at play. Issues they suggested could be addressed in counseling. To no avail, however, because Owens dismissed such suggestions out of hand."

I am just tired of him, just like SF and Philly.

BC Lightning
01-09-2009, 11:01 AM
This is how he has acted in Dallas
The guy is emotionally un-stable, crys "He's my quarterback", "He's my quarterback", ODs on Hydrocodone in an apparent suicide attempt, throws temper-tantrums at almost every game on the sidelines, etc.

This is from an article written in SI

"Last spring I talked to members of the Cowboy's organization who admitted that during last year's long and arduous T.O. saga, the club came to view Owens' behavior as consistent with one who was in need of mental treatment and evaluation. The Eagles believed his issues went far beyond being an egocentric athlete and inveterate attention seeker, and was an indication of serious mental and emotional issues at play. Issues they suggested could be addressed in counseling. To no avail, however, because Owens dismissed such suggestions out of hand."

I am just tired of him, just like SF and Philly.

Do you think T.O. is any more of a distraction than Michael Irvin was?? When Irvin was thrown in jail for drugs and prostitution??

I can't comment on TO's mental health, only he and people close to him actually know, I highly doubt he tried to commit suicide. If he truly wanted to he probably would have picked a quicker more permanent method to do so

Maybe some of the other players should throw "temper tan-trums" and actually show some emotion. I personally think that the emotion trickles down from the coach. If your coach doesn't discipline, doesn't keep his players accountable, actually have practices after losses, then why should the players care if they win or lose. Romo is a prime example of not caring, it seems like he just wants to hang out in LA with Jessica

What we NEED is a coach like Jimmy Johnson, if Wade isn't gone were in for another season like last year

The Cowboys might make a move if there was somebody that could take over in TOs spot, but the fact is there isn't. And giving up all of the draft spots to get Roy Williams will limit who and what type players they pick in the draft

WA 2 FST
01-09-2009, 02:39 PM
The difference is that Michael Irvin was a team LEADER. He had more off-the-field issues than TO, probably a few less than Pacman. So it wasn't good, but most of it also occurred AFTER they had won the first 2 Super Bowls.

When the game was on the line Irvin wanted the ball, and he got open. TO doesn't always get open (all you have to do is watch some of the film they show), and he doesn't work hard every play. Irvin did. He commanded respect b/c he was a team player when it mattered. He helped motivate his team. TO is a cancer. He's got a lot of talent... no one doubts that. But he is way overrated as far as his impact to the game, not b/c of the potential he possesses (which is off the chart) but b/c if he's not feeling right, he disappears on the field, and then is very selfishly motivated off of it after the game. He does not help his team get better.

I do agree that the jury is out on Roy Williams. Not sure what he'll do next year. Then again, if the QB is throwing from a horizontal position, none of it matters.

99WhiteBeast
01-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Got this today-thought it was funny

Dallas , TX 12/29/08 (AP) -

A seven-year-old boy was at the center of a Dallas courtroom drama today when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him. After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him. After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to The Dallas Cowboys, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

dboat
01-09-2009, 10:28 PM
Got this today-thought it was funny

Dallas , TX 12/29/08 (AP) -

A seven-year-old boy was at the center of a Dallas courtroom drama today when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him. After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him. After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to The Dallas Cowboys, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

That is pretty darned good... :rll::tu: however, it should have said that the Cowboys are not capable of beating anyone except the Chicago Bears... :evil

Dana

tliss
01-11-2009, 12:38 PM
That is pretty darned good... :rll::tu: however, it should have said that the Cowboys are not capable of beating anyone except themselves... :evil

Dana

Corrected to what you really meant...:evil

Tom

dboat
01-11-2009, 12:47 PM
Corrected to what you really meant...:evil

Tom:rll:

Tom, wondering if there are a bunch of Carolina fans feeling the same way as Cowboy fans are.. they had a great shot at making the SB again, but played like crap yesterday.. sometimes it happens.. even with the Bears..

Dana

Shiner1
01-12-2009, 01:53 PM
Anyone see Mcnabb pick up the Giants sideline phone (to the booth upstairs) after he was run out-of-bounds towards the end of the game??? That was some funny chit...

ZeusSVT
01-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Anyone see Mcnabb pick up the Giants sideline phone (to the booth upstairs) after he was run out-of-bounds towards the end of the game??? That was some funny chit...

Yeah that shit cracked me up too. Good to see and old veteran quarterback having some fun now and then. :rll:

The Eagles looked pretty good yesterday. Should be an interesting game in the desert. I am just hoping that Baltimore can beat the Steelerrs now. I'd like to see Flaco and the Ravens make it to the Superbowl against the Eagles. Those are my choices, I just hope they both make it. Then it doesn't matter who wins once they get there. Should be some good games this weekend though regardless.

dboat
01-12-2009, 04:43 PM
I am hoping for the Eagles and the Steelers, just because of Fantasy Football.. but both games should be pretty good.. how many would have put these 4 teams in the Conference Championships? not many I would guess.

Dana

ZeusSVT
01-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Yeah, I was thinking the Giants and Carolina before this weekend, on the NFC side. But we see how those games turned out. :eek:

AFC, I was thinking Indy and Tennesse just because of how well Tennessee had established their running game during the season. we see how that worked out too.

Definitely the unexpecteds came thru this year.

If unexpecteds is even a word. :confused: :d

Oh yeah and I hate Pittsburgh, their attitudes suck. :flaming:

dboat
01-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Oh yeah and I hate Pittsburgh, their attitudes suck. :flaming:

you ought to live up here... :rolleyes:

Dana

ZeusSVT
01-12-2009, 05:16 PM
you ought to live up here... :rolleyes:

Dana

I can only imagine, I work with a few that used to live up there. They migrated here from our East Coast office. I have to hear it every day. :bs

L8 APEX
01-12-2009, 09:29 PM
There were a lot of ugly outright blowups and blowouts in the playoffs this year. Looks more orchestrated every year.:tex