PDA

View Full Version : Intercooler replacement, revisited

Robert in Argyle
01-22-2003, 02:24 PM
I need some advice. When I got the intercooler recall notice in November 2001, I immediately called and asked to have the work done at Payton Wright Ford in Grapevine, Texas. I was told that they would call me when the parts were in for an appointment to bring the truck in. I put the recall notice in a file in my desk and forgot about it. I never received a call from the dealer. Now the sad story. Last week I noticed a drop in the fluid level of the intercooler reservoir. The dreaded failure has ocurred at 52,000 miles. I immediately called my dealer. They acknowledged that they hadn't called but the service manager told me that "the program expired Sept 2002 and therefore the failure would not be covered. After talking with "the regional rep", they offered to cover labor only. Should I take the "free" labor and buy the intercooler ($800) or should I try arguing with Ford Customer Service. Any advice greatly appreciated!

98Cobra
01-22-2003, 03:09 PM
I would call SVT at 1-800-FORD-SVT (right guys?) and tell them what you told us. If it is a manufacturing defect that causes the recall, I don't see how they can expire the program like that on you.

Seperately, If you bought the truck, and moved, do you just miss out if you didn't happen to get a flyer, or what?

Robert in Argyle
01-22-2003, 05:03 PM
Thanks for your input, 98COBRA. I called SVT and they told me that there was nothing they could do- they had no authority in this matter. I guess I had better find the best price on that intercooler, eh?

wesman
01-22-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by Robert in Argyle
Thanks for your input, 98COBRA. I called SVT and they told me that there was nothing they could do- they had no authority in this matter. I guess I had better find the best price on that intercooler, eh?

That sucks.....check out fordpartsonline.com for the best price.

I would at elast ask the dealer to give you the parts at cost....it's the least they can do for not following up with you. They wont lose any money , just the labor.

--wes

blueoval01
01-22-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by wesman
That sucks.....check out fordpartsonline.com for the best price.

I would at elast ask the dealer to give you the parts at cost....it's the least they can do for not following up with you. They wont lose any money , just the labor.

--wes
You know, If I were a betting man, I'd bet that the dealer is gonna charge it all back to Ford either way. And whatever they "rip" Robert on will be gravy ..... :bs

98Cobra
01-22-2003, 07:10 PM
Ugh, that's disappointing. If the dealer admitted they didn't call you, I would press them to cover this. They screwed up - you shouldn't have to keep hounding them every week to perform a service recall on your vehicle until they do it.

Your other option would be to trade it in for another one. ;)

jcblack
01-22-2003, 09:24 PM
that 800 number for svt is no good. i called them on a problem about my truck not wanting to start. they said that there was nothing that they could do about it. there is no point in even having the number.

lightningconcepts
01-22-2003, 09:47 PM
thats BS. Start *****in. ford should have in their system that you ordered the intercooler replacement kit and where it was "supposed" to be sent. If you called the number and ordered svt did their part and it is now on the dealer. You could always have got the run around from my dealer. 3 weeks after calling and ordering the kit still no kit at my dealer. finally the give me the BS that i have to take it to an SVT dealer (BS). Well once i take it to the SVT dealer i get a call from them saying i already had a kit sent to the first dealer i took the truck too and once they got it they didn't know what to do with it so they sent it back. If i was you start *****in. good luck

:beer:

Will @ Lightning Concepts
www.lightningconceptsinc.com

blueoval01
01-22-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by lightningconcepts
thats BS. Start *****in. ford should have in their system that you ordered the intercooler replacement kit and where it was "supposed" to be sent. If you called the number and ordered svt did their part and it is now on the dealer. You could always have got the run around from my dealer. 3 weeks after calling and ordering the kit still no kit at my dealer. finally the give me the BS that i have to take it to an SVT dealer (BS). Well once i take it to the SVT dealer i get a call from them saying i already had a kit sent to the first dealer i took the truck too and once they got it they didn't know what to do with it so they sent it back. If i was you start *****in. good luck

:beer:

Hey Will,
Hummm, I think I understand what your saying. But, remember we still ride horses down here. Speak slowly and separate your sentences into paragraphs. :D

Good to have you on-board :nana2

lightningconcepts
01-22-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by blueoval01
Hey Will,
Hummm, I think I understand what your saying. But, remember we still ride horses down here. Speak slowly and separate your sentences into paragraphs. :D

Good to have you on-board :nana2

:tu: gotcha

you guys are lucky anyway. racing doesn't open up here til march:( damn snow:mad:

Stinkbug
01-23-2003, 05:00 PM
Refer to my Post: IC Nightmare. It deals with Payton Wright. I am still smelling antifreeze with no found leaks.

99WhiteBeast
02-03-2003, 03:02 PM
You guys may want to check this out if your still having issues
after warranty program (http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36735)

Winterhawk
02-03-2003, 04:32 PM
Robert, go up the chain of commaned, past the service manager, I would get the documents that have the date on then when the part was ordered. The ball was in there court and they dropped it. Remember the sqeaky wheel gets the grease. You have to fight or submit:hammer: politics are a b----. Good luck Mike