PDA

View Full Version : Innovative Wideband Quesions

ZeusSVT
04-04-2009, 07:46 PM
I posted this on LightningRodder as well to try to get answers and after searching some more I found a different how-to than what I had seen before. Does anyone have the LC-1 and XD-16 installed that could provide some guidance????

This is what I posted on LR. Just copied it from there to here.

Ok, I have a couple of questions. Been installing guages today and was installing the Innovative LC-1 and XD16 wideband and got a little stumped.

The questions I have is where did you tap the sensor in to? It seems too short to run to the back O2 sensor, or do you have to create your own place to put it up front? I am running stock manifolds still.

Second question is once we have the guage and everything wired up it says that I should be getting a E2 reading prior to doing the open air calibration, but instead we were getting an E9 reading. We unhooked everything and checked it and it seems to be right but when we plugged it back in, still getting the same readings.

The manual I have with it doesn't tell me what to check if I am getting this reading. It only has the actions to take if you are getting all dashes on the guage.

I am sure I have more to ask but this will help for now.

Thanks!!

Probably gonna be working on it again tomorrow, so some of you have my number. If you have some info that would help then give me a call or send me a pm or email. Thanks!

PUMP
04-04-2009, 08:15 PM
I looked at using the Inovative F/A meter before going with AEM. Seem to remember that proper grounding was one of the issues. Do a search on the Inovative web site and also on SCT site for how to hook up to XCAL.

99WhiteBeast
04-04-2009, 10:03 PM
I have one that I've been waiting to install. Terry actually has my kit and instructions-he was going to read up on it so maybe he'll chime in

You'll need a pigtail from the gauge to datalog for SCT livelink/liveload

ZeusSVT
04-04-2009, 10:08 PM
I have one that I've been waiting to install. Terry actually has my kit and instructions-he was going to read up on it so maybe he'll chime in

You'll need a pigtail from the gauge to datalog for SCT livelink/liveload

Yeah it is me and T that are working on mine. We got stumped cause that little tiny piece of paper, the instructions SUCK and that code had no explanation in the paperwork. I didn't have my laptop with me so we could download the manual off of the disk and take a look at it. :hammer:

ZeusSVT
04-04-2009, 10:20 PM
Got this just now from a guy over on LR. Gonna go hunt down the disk and see what else is on it. The power supply looks to be the issue.

From Manual:

Error Code: 9

Error Message: Supply Voltage too low.

Likely Root Cause: Supply voltage too low for sensor regulation

Fix: Check your 12V connection.

Once you correct the error condition, reset the LC-1 and then perform both calibration sequences.

99WhiteBeast
04-04-2009, 10:35 PM
Yeah it is me and T that are working on mine. We got stumped cause that little tiny piece of paper, the instructions SUCK and that code had no explanation in the paperwork. I didn't have my laptop with me so we could download the manual off of the disk and take a look at it. :hammer:

We'll I'm glad your the Ginni pig for my install- there was a huge write up (how to) on NLOC . I'll see if I can find and post up a link

ZeusSVT
04-04-2009, 10:46 PM
We'll I'm glad your the Ginni pig for my install- there was a huge write up (how to) on NLOC . I'll see if I can find and post up a link

:tex Yeah it consumed a pretty good part of our day today.

I found this one from SWThomas earlier when I got home. I wish I had found it before today. I just looked at the first write up I found the other day and it was nothing like Thomas' write up. I think I'm gonna print it out and take it tomorrow.

http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/how-articles/139563-how-innovate-xd-16-lc-1-wideband-kit.html

99WhiteBeast
04-04-2009, 11:17 PM
:tex Yeah it consumed a pretty good part of our day today.

I found this one from SWThomas earlier when I got home. I wish I had found it before today. I just looked at the first write up I found the other day and it was nothing like Thomas' write up. I think I'm gonna print it out and take it tomorrow.

http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/how-articles/139563-how-innovate-xd-16-lc-1-wideband-kit.html

yea that's the one

ZeusSVT
04-04-2009, 11:22 PM
ok cool, I'm gonna see if that helps tomorrow. Should be pretty easy with the way Thomas wrote it up. :tu:

nacklas
04-05-2009, 01:29 AM
Did you get the Whipple installed?

ZeusSVT
04-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Did you get the Whipple installed?

Getting there. Not yet though.

nacklas
04-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Getting there. Not yet though.

Post up some pics if you can!! Want to see your new beast!:tu:

L8 APEX
04-05-2009, 08:19 PM
That wideband is a real pain. The how to shows it installed in headers with a bung added. The leads are relatively short. Plus the LC1 box and three cables have to be secured and routed under the truck. It will not reach the rear driver bung which is the one I normally use. The AEM is times easier with its simple 15ft lead and single connection point.

nacklas
04-05-2009, 08:57 PM
The AEM is times easier with its simple 15ft lead and single connection point.

lol,,,,I remember when you did mine and the lead just made it !!!:evil

Sandman
05-12-2009, 11:32 PM
I think I'm about to buy one of these as well. Steve, you and I should get together and do the install. Let's buy Michael some beer and get him over to help us!

BTW, the LC-1 has the ability to simulate a narrow band sensor. Has anybody just removed one of the stock 02 sensors and replaced it with the lc-1?

BC Lightning
05-13-2009, 11:34 AM
I think I'm about to buy one of these as well. Steve, you and I should get together and do the install. Let's buy Michael some beer and get him over to help us!

BTW, the LC-1 has the ability to simulate a narrow band sensor. Has anybody just removed one of the stock 02 sensors and replaced it with the lc-1?

T harness isn't long enough to use rear O2 bungs, so you would have to use the front, problem with that is you need the front 02's, has to do with the 02 sensor heating up, and if the stock one is removed your truck won't run right

That's why I'm welding bungs just past the front driver and passenger O2 sensors

Sandman
05-13-2009, 12:12 PM
So the narrowband simulation supported by the lc-1 isn't sufficient for the front 02 sensors?

Just wondering where you heard that...

The bottom of this thread seems to have people that have done it successfully. (http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/gen-2-lightnings/137721-wideband-o2-sensor-placement-behind-cats.html)

ZeusSVT
05-13-2009, 04:59 PM
Mine is still not working. :icon_eek: If you guys decide to try this let me know. I'm in the middle of house buying and packing at the moment but if I can get over to figure mine out while you guys are doing it then I would love to. I need to get it working soon so I can start getting this tune adjusted. :tex

99WhiteBeast
05-13-2009, 05:02 PM

I scrapped the idea after I heard of the PITA install. I went with the Autometer wideband kit in the phantom series to match my boost gauge.

I have a NIB LC1 kit if interested though.

ZeusSVT
05-13-2009, 05:03 PM
I scrapped the idea after I heard of the PITA install. I went with the Autometer wideband kit in the phantom series to match my boost gauge.

damnit....:d

I wonder if one of these local mustang shops know anything about them. I may try to go to one just to get this working. Not for any tuning of course. :tex

Sandman
05-13-2009, 05:27 PM

Interested. PM sent.

Sandman
05-15-2009, 08:32 AM
damnit....:d

I wonder if one of these local mustang shops know anything about them. I may try to go to one just to get this working. Not for any tuning of course. :tex

Looks like Steve has already done a wideband on his, but not the Innovate one. We'll have to get together and see if we can figure this out.

ZeusSVT
05-15-2009, 05:20 PM
Looks like Steve has already done a wideband on his, but not the Innovate one. We'll have to get together and see if we can figure this out.

I was gonna run it on the rear O2 but after talking more witih the innovative tech support yesterday he told me that it has to be put up front to read right with the XD-16 guage. :confused: So I guess on monday or sometime next week I am gonna try to get by a muffler shop and get it welded in. Then I should be ready to try to figure this thing out some more. That simple heat check process is where I am stumped. They guage doesn't wanna cooperate for some reason. :hammer:

Sandman
05-22-2009, 09:15 PM
What firmware is on the LC-1? If it is 1.10 a lot of guys have been having issues with it. Even tho some peeps have had issues with it, you might want to downgrade to 1.0.

It seems most peeps describe an error 8, not an error nine. But it still may be worth a shot. (http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=49762&postcount=42)