PDA

View Full Version : Smoked Chevy taste like chicken

T Hogg
05-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Maybe next time them boyz should show up w/ a little more. :DThis is the fastest truck they had.:nono:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRU-Qe_Qnnc&fmt=22

ZeusSVT
05-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Maybe next time them boyz should show up w/ a little more. :DThis is the fastest truck they had.:nono:

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/thumbs/Smoked_Chevy.mpg (http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/24871)

I knew you would show up some time tonight. :evil

I'm gettin a red X but when you click on it it takes me to the video. :bows

T Hogg
05-02-2009, 09:49 PM
I knew you would show up some time tonight. :evil

I'm gettin a red X but when you click on it it takes me to the video. :bows
Fixed

Thanks for all pics. Those are some bad ass photos.:bows

ZeusSVT
05-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Fixed

Thanks for all pics. Those are some bad ass photos.:bows

I think i have another of you too, that I havent got uploaded yet. It takes forever to go thru all of these. :cool:

Edit....Your video disappeared, the youtube one is up now instead of yours. :confused:

Silver_2000
05-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Great wide angle view of all the trucks

DBRODS
05-02-2009, 09:53 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wrp6C2KvTk

We didnt bring any trailor queens to the meet...LOL...Well we let yall have one. As far as the rest it was a different story..

Shiner1
05-02-2009, 10:12 PM
We didnt bring any trailor queens to the meet...LOL...Well we let yall have one. As far as the rest it was a different story..

No trailer queens here.

DBRODS
05-02-2009, 10:21 PM
No trailer queens here.

Thoggs came in on a trailor, so did the other fastest Gen1 that was red...
Talked to Thogg also and he said he only lived 15min from the track...Said he wouldn't drive it cause he keeps race gas in it.... hmmmmm

Shiner1
05-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Talked to Thogg also and he said he only lived 15min from the track...Said he wouldn't drive it cause he keeps race gas in it.... hmmmmm

"hmmmmm" WTF does that mean?? He drives it to meets and races all the time. So he trailered it last night. Who gives a shit and what difference does it make how the truck got to the track?? It was my red G1 that was on the trailer. 120 miles round trip for me and I brought 4 folks along. Why drive 2 when I can drive just 1. I still don't see what possible difference it makes how the truck gets there.

Silver_2000
05-02-2009, 10:39 PM

Anyone who dislikes calling tow trucks and has a trailer might use it

Its prudent

ZeusSVT
05-02-2009, 10:45 PM

Oh Boy, I love it.....here come the trailer queen excuses. :d:d:d

They'll find an excuse for anything.

How bout we just call it even, set up another event and go about our merry way of organizing said event and have some more fun.

You guys won the organized portion 9 to 7, and we had the fastest truck there by a mile. I say its fair to say we were all pretty much even if you look at it that way. Both sides had fast and respectable trucks there. We just happened to have the fastest one. :d

Just don't make the trailer excuses. You makes yourself look foolish doing it.

DBRODS
05-02-2009, 10:47 PM
"hmmmmm" WTF does that mean?? He drives it to meets and races all the time. So he trailered it last night. Who gives a shit and what difference does it make how the truck got to the track?? It was my red G1 that was on the trailer. 120 miles round trip for me and I brought 4 folks along. Why drive 2 when I can drive just 1. I still don't see what possible difference it makes how the truck gets there.

So you where the other that was trailored, Thogg was trying to get you to run me before the night was over, but yours was already loaded up I guess. Maybe next time. Most of the trucks that are trailored aren't streetable "hence trailor queens", some may be the case, some not, and some are pushing the limits and could break at any minute. Not trying to make you upset. unfortunately none of our quicker trailored trucks showed up due to whatever reason.

ZeusSVT
05-02-2009, 10:50 PM
So you where the other that was trailored, Thogg was trying to get you to run me before the night was over, but yours was already loaded up I guess. Maybe next time. Most of the trucks that are trailored aren't streetable "hence trailor queens", some may be the case, some not, and some are pushing the limits and could break at any minute. Not trying to make you upset. unfortunately none of our quicker trailored trucks showed up due to whatever reason.

Like I said the trailer excuse is weak. Both trucks are streetable. I helped load and unload one of them, and followed him and his family of FOUR down to the track from way up north of dallas.

Next....:burnout:

T Hogg
05-02-2009, 10:55 PM

If I recall you didn't bring shit? No truck just mouth!!:eek: When my truck comes out is ready to run all out race fuel, full boost, full bottles. My trucks does the talking for me. I wonder what you would have said if I drove it 15 mins to the track? "Your slicks are too big, you don't have A/C, your tags are out, ect."

Please get your truck ready so you wont have to talk so much and when it's ready I'll come to you for the right $$.:tu:

DBRODS
05-02-2009, 10:56 PM
Oh Boy, I love it.....here come the trailer queen excuses. :d:d:d

They'll find an excuse for anything.

How bout we just call it even, set up another event and go about our merry way of organizing said event and have some more fun.

You guys won the organized portion 9 to 7, and we had the fastest truck there by a mile. I say its fair to say we were all pretty much even if you look at it that way. Both sides had fast and respectable trucks there. We just happened to have the fastest one. :d

Just don't make the trailer excuses. You makes yourself look foolish doing it.

Im not making excuses. I had a 6hour round trip, my truck is daily driven, runs 11s and gets over 15mpg. Its been built to be enjoyed. The count we ended up with was chebys 32 and fords 7, that includes organized portion and before/after the socalled organization. Really didn't think it was even. YES thoggs truck was the fastest, much props to him, takes alot to run low 10s almost 9s. But thats it besides Thoggs and Shiners.

DBRODS
05-02-2009, 11:01 PM
If I recall you didn't bring shit? No truck just mouth!!:eek: When my truck comes out is ready to run all out race fuel, full boost, full bottles. My trucks does the talking for me. I wonder what you would have said if I drove it 15 mins to the track? "Your slicks are too big, you don't have A/C, your tags are out, ect."

Please get your truck ready so you wont have to talk so much and when it's ready I'll come to you for the right $$.:tu:

I brought the 1995 Red cheby that time wise smoked every Lightning there besides you. I think you have me confused with someone else. I was there with my truck. And I though we had a few descent conversations.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk272/dbrods/_DSC0201.jpg

And here is a little video of the run

http://www.allensrodeophotos.com/Steve/TXM-050109/DSC_0183.m4v

ZeusSVT
05-02-2009, 11:11 PM
Im not making excuses. I had a 6hour round trip, my truck is daily driven, runs 11s and gets over 15mpg. Its been built to be enjoyed. The count we ended up with was chebys 32 and fords 7, that includes organized portion and before/after the socalled organization. Really didn't think it was even. YES thoggs truck was the fastest, much props to him, takes alot to run low 10s almost 9s. But thats it besides Thoggs and Shiners.

Now the daily driver and mpg excuses.:d....oh boy. Give it a break bud. Go back over and hang out with your chebby boys. That stuff really doesn't matter over here.

Don't you guys have some more of those "This is what my truck will beat in the 1/4 mile lists" to make???? With your lambos and all that other jazz on the list that wasn't even built for the 1/4. :d

DBRODS
05-02-2009, 11:16 PM
Now the daily driver and mpg excuses.:d....oh boy. Give it a break bud. Go back over and hang out with your chebby boys. That stuff really doesn't matter over here.

Not making any excuses...Don't see why you keep saying that. Here maybe you can read it if its in caps
NOT MAKING ANY EXCUSES
Just stating what I brought to the meet. I'm giving props where they are due, sound like you had a bad start to the weekend or something. Hope it gets better for ya.:banana:

ZeusSVT
05-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Excuse.....

We didnt bring any trailor queens to the meet

Excuse....

My weekends great....no problems here.

Next......

DBRODS
05-02-2009, 11:42 PM
Excuse.....

Excuse....

My weekends great....no problems here.

Next......
Looks like Facts to me...

ZeusSVT
05-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Looks like Facts to me...

http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/images/smilies/blahblah.gif

Actually you're on the thread with the fastest Lightning beating the fastest Chevy.....you came here mentioning that it was trailered and the chevies weren't. Sounds like an excuse to me. http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/images/smilies/102.gif

ex·cuse
tr.v. ex·cused, ex·cus·ing, ex·cus·es
1.To explain in the hope of being understood
2.To serve as justification for

You must be having a shitty weekend though....since you mentioned that you thought I was. You drive a chevy and you're on a ford forum on a saturday night. http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/images/smilies/balls.gif

You and roids must be brothers. http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/images/smilies/omgrofl.gif I'll give you credit though, at least you showed up for racing.

Anyways, I have more beer to drink. I'm done. http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/images/smilies/drunk.gif

DBRODS
05-03-2009, 12:19 AM
http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/images/smilies/blahblah.gif

Actually you're on the thread with the fastest Lightning beating the fastest Chevy.....you came here mentioning that it was trailered and the chevies weren't. Sounds like an excuse to me. http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/images/smilies/102.gif

You must be having a shitty weekend though....since you mentioned that you thought I was. You drive a chevy and you're on a ford forum on a saturday night. http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/images/smilies/balls.gif

You and roids must be brothers. http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/images/smilies/omgrofl.gif I'll give you credit though, at least you showed up for racing.

Anyways, I have more beer to drink. I'm done. http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/images/smilies/drunk.gif

Whatever makes you happy, Im just hanging out surfin the net, actually for a chance doing nothing which is nice for once. Well this chebby will spank your ford any day of the week.:nana2 So enjoy your beer and keep that in mind.
:rll::rll::rll::rll:

T Hogg
05-03-2009, 01:12 AM
I brought the 1995 Red cheby that time wise smoked every Lightning there besides you. I think you have me confused with someone else. I was there with my truck. And I though we had a few descent conversations.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk272/dbrods/_DSC0201.jpg

And here is a little video of the run

http://www.allensrodeophotos.com/Steve/TXM-050109/DSC_0183.m4v

My bad. I thought you were the guy from Austin that like to rum his mouth more than run his truck.

Nice run. But this trailer queen stuff is getting old. I bet if you had a truck/trailer, you wouldn't have drove your truck to the track.?

coley
05-03-2009, 01:50 AM
Well it is great fun to drive to the track and drive home but some early morning about 1am when your wheel, tire and half your axel are sittin over by the guard rail a trailer might look pretty good.....been there, done that! Chevy or Ford or whatever, they all break brother.

duckysbht
05-03-2009, 01:53 AM
ZEUSSVT...your truck was NOT there. So stop talking like you did something. Because you didn't.

haha oh THOGG was the guy that came up to everyone acting like a ricer...

THOGG "Hey so whos your faster guy here"
Me "Well I cut a high 12 so obviously its not me. All of our trucks are lined up in the lanes, so pick you poison"
THOGG "Well um we wanna get this even"
Me "Well where is your truck dude"
THOGG "its back there somewhere'
(Sounds like a ricer to me)
THOGG"Well we wanna get this evenly matched bc the tech guys ****ed us all uP'
ME"Well obviously we don't have a 10 second truck here. The dude in front of me, and the dude behind me(dbrods) has run 11s. So if you wanna run them have at it"

THOGG is a straight up ricer. AFTER he ran.. 6-7 ls1truck.com guys are standing around his trailer where his trailored truck and he was being a really nice guy, he wasn't acting like a douche at all.

He was actually being a really nice guy, and holding an INTELLIGENT conversation with us. But now he sounds pretty tough. The chevy that lined up wasn't afraid to line up next to you. You ran a 10.1.. Ive never hit 10s in my life but I wouldnt be proud of that when I know trucks that are capable of running those times without being trailored 15 min from where they live...

Our guy got beat. WE KNEW BEFORE THE ENTIRE SHIN DIG THAT TALON WOULD HAVE THE FASTEST GUY OUT AT ENNIS. Your next fastest guy who was Shiner, put his truck on the trailor. MOZE PWNED him. DBRODS would have PWNED him, and DRIVEN his truck 3+ hours back to Austin.

I LOST to shiner. Shiner was a cool guy know doubt. He joined in with me to wanting to bitch at the staff for letting those stupid DallasDSM guys go ahead of me.

I just think this is ridiculous to get into this kind of pissing match. Its so frustrating to watch.

FORD had the fastest truck
CHEVY won the majority of the races.

Lets deal with it

duckysbht
05-03-2009, 01:58 AM
Pretty easy to sound like a tough guy when no one is around you isn't it THOGG. Don't act tough. You won. Be humble and take your humble pie and move on.

BC Lightning
05-03-2009, 02:30 AM
Zeus's truck was there. . . . just not racing :nono: (I hazed him about not racing too)

T Hogg's truck does get driven on the street, in fact most of his races aren't at the track

I was disappointed in the times the L's were running, the R/T were bad, Here is a tip for next time, when you see the third yellow light you punch it then, these are heavy trucks, you wont red light, and if you wait till you see the green light you've waited too long, I even saw one L do his burnout in the water box, so when he pulled forward his slicks were still covered in water, I'm glad he didn't wreck

I was talking to a few L owners that have been around this forum for 6 or 7 years, and we agreed the times seemed really slow from years past, don't know why that is, but when we used to have group track days the majority of L's were running mid to low 12's, and others in the mid to high 11's, granted they were modded and not stock

I know the weather wasn't ideal for racing, but I have witnessed a bone stock L running a 13.1 in the 1/4 (granted it was cold outside, it was Sayle's truckm, he posted as Band)

I was impressed with the Silverado's times :tu:

My take on trailering a car/truck to the track is a stupid point to try and make. Those trucks aren't trailer queens. Me I'm lazy when I race. I don't want to crawl on the ground to put a jack under the truck to change out tires when I can put the truck on the lift at my house and change all four tires in 2 minutes, plus most run race gas, I hate trying to guess how much pump gas to fill up with and then pay for race gas at the track which is overpriced. Even though they might be street trucks, what if you do snap a rearend, blow your motor, that is one loooong tow back to where you came from

PurpleMiniVan
05-03-2009, 03:23 AM
T Hogg, What's with the trash talk about me on the internet now... thought we squashed that lastnight? I atleast said what I said face to face... Yourself and the other Gen1 L had not run yet at that time, I was mearly looking for some compitition for some of the trucks we had in the 11's:icon_mrgreen:... Thank gawd you 2 were there;). For the record so you know, I don't have a truck, I have a TrailBlazer SS that is getting a new intake and a perfomance cam at this time:icon_mrgreen:... I hope to see you get your 9 sec pass soon, and nice trucks all around:beer:. If the next meet is in Dallas, don't worry, mine will be on a trailer too!

Zeus... I admire you're passion for you're L trucks and this site but take a chill pill... we really aren't that bad. Little friendly rivalry with some friendly jabs never killed anyone...:beer:

Duecesknana

T Hogg
05-03-2009, 09:24 AM
ZEUSSVT...your truck was NOT there. So stop talking like you did something. Because you didn't.

Me "Well I cut a high 12 so obviously its not me. All of our trucks are lined up in the lanes, so pick you poison"
ME"Well obviously we don't have a 10 second truck here. The dude in front of me, and the dude behind me(dbrods) has run 11s. So if you wanna run them have at it"

THOGG is a straight up ricer. AFTER he ran.. 6-7 ls1truck.com guys are standing around his trailer where his trailored truck and he was being a really nice guy, he wasn't acting like a douche at all.

He was actually being a really nice guy, and holding an INTELLIGENT conversation with us. But now he sounds pretty tough. The chevy that lined up wasn't afraid to line up next to you. You ran a 10.1.. Ive never hit 10s in my life but I wouldnt be proud of that when I know trucks that are capable of running those times without being trailored 15 min from where they live...

Our guy got beat. WE KNEW BEFORE THE ENTIRE SHIN DIG THAT TALON WOULD HAVE THE FASTEST GUY OUT AT ENNIS. Your next fastest guy who was Shiner, put his truck on the trailor. MOZE PWNED him. DBRODS would have PWNED him, and DRIVEN his truck 3+ hours back to Austin.

I LOST to shiner. Shiner was a cool guy know doubt. He joined in with me to wanting to bitch at the staff for letting those stupid DallasDSM guys go ahead of me.

I just think this is ridiculous to get into this kind of pissing match. Its so frustrating to watch.

Lets deal with it

Ricer :rll: Never been called that before. I've been called alot of names but never a "Ricer" You might of took it the wrong way. I just wanted to race the fastest Chevy you guys brought. Heads up racing is what I like to do.

The only reason it turned into a pissing match for me was b/c of the trash talking from the Austin guy(He's cool) about how we didn't have a L faster than 11.5's and how bad you guys were beating us. So I was looking for a Chevy to beat me.

Now I'm upset (not tough) b/c of all this b/s trailer queen shit, "the only fast trucks we had came on a trailer", "I don't need race fuel to run 10's" and so on. I'm not tough and don't want to sound as if I'm tough, but my truck is and I do like to tell/show how tough she is.

It's all good I had a great time. We could do it all over again next weekend.:tu:

T Hogg
05-03-2009, 09:50 AM
T Hogg, What's with the trash talk about me on the internet now... thought we squashed that lastnight? I atleast said what I said face to face... Yourself and the other Gen1 L had not run yet at that time, I was mearly looking for some compitition for some of the trucks we had in the 11's:icon_mrgreen:... Thank gawd you 2 were there;). For the record so you know, I don't have a truck, I have a TrailBlazer SS that is getting a new intake and a perfomance cam at this time:icon_mrgreen:... I hope to see you get your 9 sec pass soon, and nice trucks all around:beer:. If the next meet is in Dallas, don't worry, mine will be on a trailer too!

Zeus... I admire you're passion for you're L trucks and this site but take a chill pill... we really aren't that bad. Little friendly rivalry with some friendly jabs never killed anyone...:beer:

Duecesknana

My bad I thought you were that DBRODS guy talking smack. I enjoyed our face to face action:d, it's all part of drag racing. Don't take my smack talking the wrong, sometimes I get a little cranked up. For me it's the only way I have fun. Without the smack it would be too much like work.

BTW I'm still having a hard time w/ being called a ricer.knana That's just low.:eek:

REDBLITZ
05-03-2009, 09:53 AM
We all drive trucks here....let's pick on cars. :d

DamnYankee
05-03-2009, 10:12 AM
group hug or shut up

kirkmears
05-03-2009, 10:34 AM
gotta love the name of the tread though...and i even own a chevy...:rll:
Video 1 9:00 here's the HD link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1E2-OhwzSuU&fmt=22) - This video is not yet processed.
Video 2 9:50 here's the HD link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IYKPk_5Qco&fmt=22)

even though they weren't shot in HD, I encoded & uploaded them in HD format. you might have to hit pause to let it buffer some due to the length of the video initially. if you still can't get it to load, just click on the red HD button to load the regular version. i would have uploaded it soon, but it took a little while longer than i had expected to edit in some extra camera shakes. enjoy! i can use ftp, so if yall want me to upload all these videos, i can. they're *.MOI (canon) natively and can be edited using premiere pro w/ after a couple tweaks.

:burnout:

brobradh77
05-03-2009, 11:05 AM
I had a great time..talked to a few of ya..I didnt get names...I talked to one of ya in the Tech line while we sat in limbo for an hour..he was a very cool guy...

Trash talking happens..I tend to stay away from it because some take it too personal when its all just play.

All in all i t was a good meet..yeah weather sucked and was a hard on times but hey that just means next time we meet up our chevy's will b e even faster than fridat night :)

In all honesty did you Lightning owners kind of under estimate us maybe just a little?

Silver_2000
05-03-2009, 11:12 AM
In all honesty did you Lightning owners kind of under estimate us maybe just a little?

It was a great turnout and seems most had a good time

The original post that started this was that a basically stock silverado beat a lightning

did we see any basically stock Silverado race Friday ?

I didnt have much luck racing my basically stock Chevy ... :evil

T Hogg
05-03-2009, 11:16 AM
group hug or shut up

It's funny you say that b/c this comment is what got me cranked :flaming: up:

"We by far won the most. We had a couple members videoing virtually every race. Other than the 10.1 run by THogg and a handful of Lightning wins, Chevy's dominated. http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif Sorry"

Maybe I took it the wrong way.

Shiner1
05-03-2009, 11:51 AM
We all drive trucks here....let's pick on cars. :d

HAHA!!! LMAO - agreed. Look fellas here's the deal, at least from my side. My truck is not a trailer queen. I'm not affraid to drive it and I'm not affraid to break it. Ask anyone in this club. I put my truck on a trailer for sheer ease. No changing tires at the track. And hey!! I got crap about that from my own club brothers!!! Like I said before 120 miles round trip and I'm not having "bubba" tow it home if it does break. If ya'll came from a farther distance, that's great. If it gets 15mpg that's great. A testament to your building skills. Mine is built solid enough and I drive the chit out of it and does NOT get 15mpg. If the fact that I brought it to the track on a trailer bothers some of you...Oh well...I could care less. I could also care less if a chevy shows up on a trailer. We'll line up, if you win...great. I'll shake your hand...Just like I shook Moze's (sp) hand after we raced. I would have liked to raced more. The last pass I made, the track (big end) was a little slippery for my taste and I felt it was time to call it a night. Beside I was tired of waiting in line. I look forward to the next shootout and I hope I get to line up against everyone...Win or lose:tu:

DamnYankee
05-03-2009, 11:56 AM
Buddy - you and I talked at the track and everything was cool. And I would say to you at the track the same thing: You ran a 10.1 in a TRUCK. That's awesome. That's a fact and whether it came on a trailer or not is beside the point. We didn't have a truck that was CLOSE to yours. Do we have some? Sure, one or two that weren't there, so that's beside the point also. Your truck was BY FAR the fastest.

That's a fact.

The rest of the runs - even though we lost a few - the Chevy's dominated. Plain and simple. It's not an opinion. It's not trying to start a pissing contest.

If each side can't give credit where credit is due - THAT is what makes these kinds of meets not fun.

Example - Shiner was running mid-11's. I was running 12.0's. I raced him and "won". Reason being he couldn't get traction. If he could have - HE would have won. But I was running 12.0's (at 118m mph) because I was out of fuel - my pump can't keep up. Once I add a pump, I'll be mid- to low-11's. But what's the point of arguing "if....". It gets ridiculous.

I had fun. That's what I was there for. Props to all you guys and what you ran and props to a almost 9-second truck.

Too many people taking all of this personally...

:beer:

Ohmsby
05-03-2009, 12:01 PM
I can only say that John's truck has been driven 500 miles to Lightning fest ran some mid 11 runs all weekend on motor then driven 500 miles back to Texas.

This is the same motor and tranny that is in the truck today

DBRODS
05-03-2009, 01:26 PM
My bad I thought you were that DBRODS guy talking smack. I enjoyed our face to face action:d, it's all part of drag racing. Don't take my smack talking the wrong, sometimes I get a little cranked up. For me it's the only way I have fun. Without the smack it would be too much like work.

BTW I'm still having a hard time w/ being called a ricer.knana That's just low.:eek:

You still have me confused with someone else Thogg, The only crap talking that I remotely came close to with, was with Tiff60, was asking if the Ls were manual or automatics, cause he said alot of them needed driver mods. Thats it. You remember talking to me about running your new cobra then decided against it.. Remember.. Im not here to stir the pot, just some friendly races in the future...

Silver_2000
05-03-2009, 02:30 PM
I raced a ricer in my Corvette - He left a half second before me and I still caught him and passed him by the end

Corvettes 1
Ricers 0

of course like many of the "races" that are being compared here my race wasnt intended to be close - the cars not closely matched at all ....

I guess the mistake the Ford guys made was lining up against a chevy that was that much faster than them

Lets do this again in the fall and Rocks and Thogg will be in every race
then we can say the fords won the majority of the races...

BC Lightning
05-03-2009, 02:42 PM
I raced a ricer in my Corvette - He left a half second before me and I still caught him and passed him by the end

Corvettes 1
Ricers 0

of course like many of the "races" that are being compared here my race wasnt intended to be close - the cars not closely matched at all ....

I guess the mistake the Ford guys made was lining up against a chevy that was that much faster than them

Lets do this again in the fall and Rocks and Thogg will be in every race
then we can say the fords won the majority of the races...

My buddy had his silver C5 Z06 and ran 11.60 spinning, so there is at least 2 for the Vettes, and Jeff's Vette was running low 11's

My truck WILL be put back together before the Fall Shootout :evil

T Hogg
05-03-2009, 02:43 PM
You still have me confused with someone else Thogg, The only crap talking that I remotely came close to with, was with Tiff60, was asking if the Ls were manual or automatics, cause he said alot of them needed driver mods. Thats it. You remember talking to me about running your new cobra then decided against it.. Remember.. Im not here to stir the pot, just some friendly races in the future...

No worries man. I'm all confused.

ZeusSVT
05-03-2009, 03:05 PM
My panties weren't in a wad last night. :cool: I had been drinking since about noon or so, so when this got posted, well yeah, you do the math. Noon to after 9p.m......quite a few beers.

A little smack talk is good for any racing event. But taking things personally is a different story. In no way would any trash talk from a forum cause me to lose any sleep at night.

Like has been stated, props to the chebbys for having the majority of the fastest trucks there. I think a lot of the guys that showed up did underestimate the ability of a turbo on an LSx motor. You guys did have some fast trucks out there.

In the end you guys won the majority of races. The semi organized portion was 9 to 7 on video at the end of the night. So you guys won the majority fair and square. Thogg had the fastest ford there by a pretty wide margin. Regardless of what was sitting at home that didnt make it from either side, that is for another day of racing. I am sure the chebbys had some 9's and 10's that didn't come, and we all know the fords have several 9's and 10's that didn't show as well.

Like Mike said, my truck was there. I pulled in at the same time as the red Gen 1 on the trailer. :icon_mrgreen: No I didn't race because we JUST got the truck back together this past weekend after a few tiny upgrades and still don't have the tune on the truck straightened out. At WOT it is leaning out at the top of second gear. Reason either lies in the tune, which is just a starter tune at the moment, or the fact that my bigger fuel pumps are still sitting in the garage not yet installed on the truck. Stock pumps just dont seem to wanna keep up with anything normally over the 450 to 460 hp range on our trucks. When I hit about 5000 rpms in second gear the fuel system seems to be way past maxed out, and the truck starts detonating. It would have just been silly and stupid on my part to even put it down the track and hurt something for no reason.

With all that being said. I am in for the October Fall races, or whatever month we decide on. If Mike doesn't take the lead from our side, I am willing to step up and do it. If we need money fronted to get us a locked in date so everyone can start making plans, then I will help with that too.

Oh yeah and one more thing:::

My buddy had his silver C5 Z06 and ran 11.60 spinning, so there is at least 2 for the Vettes, and Jeff's Vette was running low 11's

My truck WILL be put back together before the Fall Shootout :evil

Do you promise??? :rll::rll::rll:

ZeusSVT
05-03-2009, 03:31 PM

Lets deal with it

Duecesknana

One thing for you guys to think about. You are spending your time over on the ford site like you have something to justify. I am here, on ours, only defending our guys. I can't really talk any trash because I didn't race. I'm not over there attacking any of you on the chebby site trying to justify anything from our side.

Just something to think about. :tu:

Oh and duck.....you're back to acting like an ass again with those above comments towards Thogg, just like a month or so back when you and roids boy were on your little tear over here on OUR FORD site.

kirkmears
05-03-2009, 03:46 PM
if it wasn't for this animosity, we wouldn't have gone out there and had a good time.

we're not going to get some kind of avian flu now are we? :evil

ZeusSVT
05-03-2009, 04:27 PM
if it wasn't for this animosity, we wouldn't have gone out there and had a good time.

we're not going to get some kind of avian flu now are we? :evil

Nahh, you might get some swine though...:tongue:

ONROIDS
05-04-2009, 08:34 AM
i love how im still mentioned in post's:banana: cant wait til the fall meet, and Thogg ive met you before man, at a dyno day last year in saginaw, bad ass truck bro, if i remeber right you took high dyno that day. anyways hope to meet you guys this go around hopefully ill be runnin low 11s by then, mine will prolly be on a trailer, mainly because the cops feel it neccesary that they need my DL more than i do:D i do wanna race shiner we should be dead nuts man could make for a photo finish, get that traction figured out bud.

ChevyLee
05-04-2009, 01:29 PM
It was a great turnout and seems most had a good time

The original post that started this was that a basically stock silverado beat a lightning

did we see any basically stock Silverado race Friday ?

I didnt have much luck racing my basically stock Chevy ... :evil
Should have raced me lol. I have a 98 rcsb with a fully stock 6.0 an stock trans. just a tune, short tube headers and magnaflow exhaust.

http://www.allensrodeophotos.com/Steve/TXM-050109/DSC_0160.m4v

who was that? if you notice i put the flashers on him haha:santa

WA 2 FST
05-04-2009, 01:35 PM
Be honest... is that stock weight truck? I realize it has a stock 6.0 engine/trans (they weren't putting those in '98s, though, so I assume you have swapped in that motor/drivetrain), with minor mods, but seems like the truck would need less weight to run a 13.9 @ 100. Is that an LS2?

Props to you and your truck.

Not sure about hitting the hazards, though. Maybe if it ran a 10.9. :cool:

DBRODS
05-04-2009, 01:55 PM
Be honest... is that stock weight truck? I realize it has a stock 6.0 engine/trans (they weren't putting those in '98s, though, so I assume you have swapped in that motor/drivetrain), with minor mods, but seems like the truck would need less weight to run a 13.9 @ 100. Is that an LS2?

The truck is stock weight, It should be around 4300lbs. He has the LQ9 motor that came in the Yukons and Escalades, 20HP more than the LQ4 which came in the 3/4ton trucks.

WA 2 FST
05-04-2009, 01:59 PM
The truck is stock weight, It should be around 4300lbs. He has the LQ9 motor that came in the Yukons and Escalades, 20HP more than the LQ4 which came in the 3/4ton trucks.

Ok, gotcha... same motor that's in my '08 Yukon Denali... 400hp + with your mods (although minimal), you're pushing 430+ easily. That's very cool, and doesn't surprise me at all that it is running consistent 13.8-13.9s at 4300lbs.

I bet that thing surprises a lot of people, including new GM truck owners who's trucks are substantially heavier.

:tu:

0'Lightning
05-04-2009, 02:18 PM
Hey Wes, you didnt happen to take the Vette to the track friday night did you? If so what did you run?!

DBRODS
05-04-2009, 02:19 PM
Ok, gotcha... same motor that's in my '08 Yukon Denali... 400hp + with your mods (although minimal), you're pushing 430+ easily. That's very cool, and doesn't surprise me at all that it is running consistent 13.8-13.9s at 4300lbs.

I bet that thing surprises a lot of people, including new GM truck owners who's trucks are substantially heavier.

:tu:

Not 100% sure but I think the 08s came with 6.2L, this guys is just the 6.0L out of a 03 caddy i think. Good motors to mod either way. thats what I have in my truck is the LS2 version of the 6.0L

WA 2 FST
05-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Hey Wes, you didnt happen to take the Vette to the track friday night did you? If so what did you run?!

No, I didn't get down there... was planning on a full weekend of coaching baseball, knew I had to get up at 5:45am... and then it all got rained out.

I've had the Vette to the track a couple of times with the twin-turbo setup... best is 11.2 @ 138 :eek:, obviously not getting a lot of traction.

WA 2 FST
05-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Not 100% sure but I think the 08s came with 6.2L, this guys is just the 6.0L out of a 03 caddy i think. Good motors to mod either way. thats what I have in my truck is the LS2 version of the 6.0L

No, you're exactly right... ours has the 6.2.

No wonder some of the Chevy trucks were so fast. You guys did what the manufacturer should have done... drop a real motor in there. The LS/LQ-based motors are awesome. Easy to modify, durable, and make great power... stock.

I have one... it's just in a C5 Vette. :)

0'Lightning
05-04-2009, 02:55 PM
I've had the Vette to the track a couple of times with the twin-turbo setup... best is 11.2 @ 138 :eek:, obviously not getting a lot of traction.

Man I bet, did you up the boost when you took it to the track?

WA 2 FST
05-04-2009, 02:59 PM
Man I bet, did you up the boost when you took it to the track?

Nope... that's 11-12psi just as it is run on the street... 93 octane gas... 605rwhp. It was a cool day, so likely the _net_ rwhp was higher that day.

0'Lightning
05-04-2009, 03:07 PM
:eek:words cant decribe how sweet that car is...

Hmmm, One day:rolleyes:...

WA 2 FST
05-04-2009, 03:10 PM
:eek:words cant decribe how sweet that car is...

Hmmm, One day:rolleyes:...

Thanks for the props, Cutter. The thing I really like about it is that it looks, drives, sounds just like a stock Vette til you nail the gas. The cam is tiny, the turbos don't make any noise just cruising, and the exhaust is stock. It could idle next to a bone stock C5 Z06, and there would be no noticeable difference.

0'Lightning
05-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Thanks for the props, Cutter. The thing I really like about it is that it looks, drives, sounds just like a stock Vette til you nail the gas. The cam is tiny, the turbos don't make any noise just cruising, and the exhaust is stock. It could idle next to a bone stock C5 Z06, and there would be no noticeable difference.

...:icon_confused:whelp thats it then, hands down sweetest vette I know of. I was showing my friends pics of it just the other day. Whats the max boost/hp it can push?

Beaudee
05-04-2009, 03:17 PM
Should have raced me lol. I have a 98 rcsb with a fully stock 6.0 an stock trans. just a tune, short tube headers and magnaflow exhaust.

That was a good race.Who was driven that L.:hammer:.Well matched.I have the LS2 in my 05 GTO.I have been wantin to see what it will do.That was probally the best well matched race of all i saw from the shootout.Congrats to the Chevy and :throw: to the L..Pulley that lightning:D

WA 2 FST
05-04-2009, 03:19 PM
...:icon_confused:whelp thats it then, hands down sweetest vette I know of. I was showing my friends pics of it just the other day. Whats the max boost/hp it can push?

With the tiny T28 turbos, probably ~650rwhp on the 346ci motor. This would probably be 14-15psi. I would need to replace the cat-back with something freer flowing and remove the cats.

WA 2 FST
05-04-2009, 03:20 PM
That was a good race.Who was driven that L.:hammer:.Well matched.I have the LS2 in my 05 GTO.I have been wantin to see what it will do.That was probally the best well matched race of all i saw from the shootout.Congrats to the Chevy and :throw: to the L..Pulley that lightning:D

Not the L driver's fault. Looked like he was ahead at the 1/8th or at least for the first 300'. Just got run around at the end by a faster/quicker truck.

Beaudee
05-04-2009, 03:24 PM
Not the L driver's fault. Looked like he was ahead at the 1/8th or at least for the first 300'. Just got run around at the end by a faster/quicker truck.

Lightnings are bad ass of the line.Great race.Im assuming the L. was stock.Good race:tu::tu:What did that L. taste like??LOL Steak and Potatoes LOL.

Beaudee
05-04-2009, 03:33 PM
Im not busting anyone:icon_mrgreen: That was a great race.Correction Steak and Lobster:d:dNice race guys:tu:

ChevyLee
05-04-2009, 04:24 PM

Flashers was for a laugh, nothing serious.
My fastest time so far is 13.6 @ 102, it was a little less humid that night hehe

Thanks, it was a good race. My truck does have some top end to it, I cant wait to see what it will do with some motor mods.

That was my first time at that track, I really liked it except for the stands, they hurt my butt. So in a since I did get butt hurt :crying:

Beaudee
05-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Flashers was for a laugh, nothing serious.
My fastest time so far is 13.6 @ 102, it was a little less humid that night hehe

Thanks, it was a good race. My truck does have some top end to it, I cant wait to see what it will do with some motor mods.

That was my first time at that track, I really liked it except for the stands, they hurt my butt. So in a since I did get butt hurt :crying:

Id like to race you next time you go.Be a good race.My best is 13.2 @ Enniss with hot tune/street tires/4lb. lower/tune and some other small mods.I liked your race cause it was well matched.Heres one of me with my warm tune. http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/24223 :tu:

WA 2 FST
05-04-2009, 05:32 PM
Id like to race you next time you go.Be a good race.My best is 13.2 @ Enniss with hot tune/street tires/4lb. lower/tune and some other small mods.I liked your race cause it was well matched.Heres one of me with my warm tune. http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/24223 :tu:

That Shelby should be embarrassed. He got treed BAD, and his car only ran a 12.9. :rll:

Beaudee
05-04-2009, 05:49 PM
That Shelby should be embarrassed. He got treed BAD, and his car only ran a 12.9. :rll:

I got lucky and caught him with wet tires and sleepin @ the light.His Shelby is one of the nicest ive seen.He has since re-tuned pullied it and his best so far @ Ennis is a 12.02 which is pretty good for that car.When he was stock he was running low 13's.I do love the Shelbys:bows

WA 2 FST
05-04-2009, 05:55 PM
I got lucky and caught him with wet tires and sleepin @ the light.His Shelby is one of the nicest ive seen.He has since re-tuned pullied it and his best so far @ Ennis is a 12.02 which is pretty good for that car.When he was stock he was running low 13's.I do love the Shelbys:bows

12.02 isn't shabby at all. Doesn't take much to make them really quick/fast. Has he had it dyno'd? I don't know if I'll ever get mine down to the track, but at 575+rwhp, I'd be surprised if I couldn't get at least a mid-11 out of it, even with the 4100lb convertible.

Beaudee
05-04-2009, 06:03 PM
Yes he has had it dyno tuned.He was on race gas slicks and pullied stock S.C..Hes about 600 H.P. @ the rear wheels with the latest dyno tune and the 12.02 1/4 time.I didnt know you got a GT 500 Wes.Im envious:tu:Love the looks.One thing my bud hasnt done is exhaust.I keep tellin him LT's.Tuner also said he couldnt get any more H.P. without movin some more air.Congrats on the Shelby:tu:

Beaudee
05-04-2009, 06:05 PM
12.02 isn't shabby at all. Doesn't take much to make them really quick/fast. Has he had it dyno'd? I don't know if I'll ever get mine down to the track, but at 575+rwhp, I'd be surprised if I couldn't get at least a mid-11 out of it, even with the 4100lb convertible.

I believe it when i see that:icon_mrgreen:They are one heavy sled.I think the convertibles even way a bit more.

WA 2 FST
05-04-2009, 06:20 PM
I believe it when i see that:icon_mrgreen:They are one heavy sled.I think the convertibles even way a bit more.

He wasn't making 600rwhp when he ran the 12.02. I'm not saying it wasn't the same tune as the 600rw pull, but the night he ran it must've been hot/sticky or something, b/c 600rw even at 4000lbs should run faster than 12.0. What was his trap speed?

Sure the 'verts are a little heavier. Still, my butt-meter says mid-11s on drag radials at 122-124mph. Or, if it doesn't hook... it may be low-12s... but the trap speed won't lie as to its potential.

I honestly don't see how he is at 600rwhp with just a pulley and tune. Maybe 510-520. They make 430-440rwhp stock.

Alpine
05-04-2009, 07:09 PM
He wasn't making 600rwhp when he ran the 12.02. I'm not saying it wasn't the same tune as the 600rw pull, but the night he ran it must've been hot/sticky or something, b/c 600rw even at 4000lbs should run faster than 12.0. What was his trap speed?

Sure the 'verts are a little heavier. Still, my butt-meter says mid-11s on drag radials at 122-124mph. Or, if it doesn't hook... it may be low-12s... but the trap speed won't lie as to its potential.

I honestly don't see how he is at 600rwhp with just a pulley and tune. Maybe 510-520. They make 430-440rwhp stock.Wes,
The other night the last pass Rob made in my car was against a Shelby with a KB with all the bolt ons and drag radials. He ran a 12.07 @ 122 with a 1.90 60ft. We were both suprised he didnt run better. I dont know who did the work on his car but we thought it would run in the high 120's.

Jeff.

Beaudee
05-04-2009, 07:47 PM

I honestly don't see how he is at 600rwhp with just a pulley and tune. Maybe 510-520. They make 430-440rwhp stock.

He had all the bolt ons/race gas that night with me( the defeat look on his face was priceless) ,but did not have the dyno tune which i think (dynoed @ 596 RWHP race gas)and then his best run was 12.02.He also destroyed the trnasmission from several runs @ Ennis with only 12K miles on the car:eek:I dont know whats with those cars but they dont perform that well @ the track unless heavilly modded.He has some intake modds also.

Sandman
05-04-2009, 08:06 PM

That was me and it was a good race:tu: May have been the most evenly matched race of the night. I did tree you slightly, but you came around me at the very end. Didn't see the flashers tho, you weren't that far ahead of me:twitch: I knew you crossed the finish line first, but I didn't know what your times were. They only gave me half of the time slip. Evidently they were having printer issues.:cool:

Our times really were close enough for the rt to be the deciding factor. Guess we both need to work on that :)

Hey, if you still have your time slip, post it up. I'll see if I can find mine.

BTW, where is the sound on that video?

Beaudee
05-04-2009, 08:18 PM

He was @ the Shootout and ran 1 pass 12.9.I stand corrected,his car has 543 RWHP with tune and 2.6 upper pulley race gas.Gear Heads in Arlington tuned his car.What modds do you have on yours Wes.Sounds like a KR,do they make that KR in a convertable.Knowing you probally a K.B ???

Beaudee
05-04-2009, 08:24 PM
That was me and it was a good race:tu: May have been the most evenly matched race of the night. I did tree you slightly, but you came around me at the very end. Didn't see the flashers tho, you weren't that far ahead of me:twitch: I knew you crossed the finish line first, but I didn't know what your times were. They only gave me half of the time slip. Evidently they were having printer issues.:cool:

Our times really were close enough for the rt to be the deciding factor. Guess we both need to work on that :)

Great race!!Your L. Stock?If he didnt have the tune you would have got him.:tu:

Beaudee
05-04-2009, 08:31 PM
One for Wes. If i only had the money:icon_mrgreen: http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/1124386212.html I think i could get 11's with this one Wow!!

WA 2 FST
05-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Mine has the TVS blower with doesn't have the max potential of the KB, but depending on the tune/boost level can certainly make the same power. I didn't feel the need to go with more power than where I'm at. If a 430rwhp GT500 runs 13.0 @ 114-115, then I do not see how a 600rwhp GT500 doesn't run 11.5 @ 128+.

Yeah, that guy should be disappointed in his car. Maybe it was heat soak (which happens to the L's, too). Who knows? 122mph shows he needs a little more seat time, and he'll be in the mid-11s on drag radials, but still... I'm with you. I'd think it would be faster (assuming with a KB he's in the 650+rwhp range).

If Beau's friend has a stock blower, it isn't making 600rwhp. Maybe on the dyno, but not in the real world where heat soak will kill it. The stock Eaton on the Cobra is just as limited as the one in the L's. Get the inlet temps up, and power production/reliabillity go way, way down... no matter what the dyno says.

Thanks for the info, Jeff.

I know mine has the power to run mid-11s. Whether I could conceivably drive it there or not, is another story altogether. :cool: But from a roll it pulls like an 11-second car for sure. I've owned/driven too many to think otherwise. But alas, I haven't had the car to the track, so I'm not making an absolute claim. :icon_biggrin:

WA 2 FST
05-04-2009, 08:58 PM
He was @ the Shootout and ran 1 pass 12.9.I stand corrected,his car has 543 RWHP with tune and 2.6 upper pulley race gas.Gear Heads in Arlington tuned his car.What modds do you have on yours Wes.Sounds like a KR,do they make that KR in a convertable.Knowing you probally a K.B ???

No KB. I went with all FRPP stuff. I have the FRPP suspension kit (which is an absolute must on these cars), FRPP shifter (nice upgrade), FRPP supercharger (made by TVS... good to 650+rwhp), a Magnaflow cat-back, and a custom tune. It put out 578rwhp on 93 octane and only 12-13psi.

The only other mod is the wheels... Fikse Profil 10s with 305/40-18 Nitto DRs in the rear.

Mine is not a KR. They don't make any KR 'verts.

Knowing the crappy air you guys had, he was probably making ~500rwhp "net" that night. :(

WA 2 FST
05-04-2009, 09:01 PM
One for Wes. If i only had the money:icon_mrgreen: http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/1124386212.html I think i could get 11's with this one Wow!!

A Ram 900 clutch with an aluminum flywheel... that is not the ticket for a drag car.

Otherwise, that car is set up really nice! 670rwhp will run low-11s, high-10s and 830rwhp @ 22psi... Hang ON! :bows

Beaudee
05-04-2009, 09:56 PM
No KB. I went with all FRPP stuff. I have the FRPP suspension kit (which is an absolute must on these cars), FRPP shifter (nice upgrade), FRPP supercharger (made by TVS... good to 650+rwhp), a Magnaflow cat-back, and a custom tune. It put out 578rwhp on 93 octane and only 12-13psi.

The only other mod is the wheels... Fikse Profil 10s with 305/40-18 Nitto DRs in the rear.

Mine is not a KR. They don't make any KR 'verts.

Knowing the crappy air you guys had, he was probably making ~500rwhp "net" that night. :(

Let me know if you want to race him.He said it took an hour friday in the stagging lanes which explains the 12.9.What is the rule @ Ennis whith convertables?

WA 2 FST
05-04-2009, 10:07 PM
Let me know if you want to race him.He said it took an hour friday in the stagging lanes which explains the 12.9.What is the rule @ Ennis whith convertables?

Yeah, if he was idling it in the staging lanes, that sucker was heat-soaked bad.

I'm sure its a fast car, all I'm saying is that 12.9 (not sure what the trap speed was) run was not made with 540+rwhp. Doesn't mean the car doesn't make that normally, or that it didn't make that on the dyno. Just like the L's, these cars can drop 75+rwhp with heat-soak + poor air compared to a dyno pull where they use a correction factor. But he knows that... since you said it ran 13.0 stock, which was probably ~430rwhp.

The correction factor doesn't help you at the track. :)

Mine's not making 578rwhp when its 85-90^F outside, either.

I'm assuming since the rule for hardtops is 11.49 that for a 'vert it is 13.49. 'Verts require a cage at 2 seconds slower than a HT. I'll never put a cage in this car. Didn't buy it to drag race...heck, I don't have a drag car in my stable anymore since I don't do it regularly enough to warrant it. But its a blast to drive and it is plenty fast. Not as fast as my TT Z06, but fast enough for something with the top down, and I'm not going to break parts at this power level.

If I ever get it to Ennis/Crandall, I'll get one pass and be shown the door.

ZeusSVT
05-04-2009, 10:12 PM
If I ever get it to Ennis/Crandall, I'll get one pass and be shown the door.

Those are the funnest ones sometimes though aren't they. :d The look you have on your face when you pull up to get your time slip, like you have no clue why they are looking at you the way they are. :tongue:

WA 2 FST
05-04-2009, 10:37 PM
Those are the funnest ones sometimes though aren't they. :d The look you have on your face when you pull up to get your time slip, like you have no clue why they are looking at you the way they are. :tongue:

Hahaha... yeah one time I was down at HRP (Houston) running on a Friday night before a Fun Ford Weekend event. The tech guy back then was really strict. I had a roll cage, but he deemed the side bars too low (and maybe they were...barely). Anyway, that night he wouldn't allow me to run faster than 12.00. First pass... 11.35. Warning. I was pleading my case..."look and see, the car has a rollcage." He didn't care, of course, since it wasn't his job to care. Second pass, I let my friend drive it b/c the air was good, and he's a better driver than I am, and I was hoping he could set the car's ET record. He ran an 11.21. The tech guy nearly came unglued when he realized my buddy wasn't me, and thus hadn't tech'd in himself. "You and your buddy are OUTTA HERE!!!!"... was the exact response.

I do remember the first time I ever broke into the 11s (back then NHRA was 11.99 for hardtops) and the tech guy knew me b/c I raced at Ennis a lot in the early/mid-'90s. He comes to the window smiling... well Wes, I've got some good news and some bad news. I said, "I broke into the 11s." He says, "congratulations, you have one more pass today and then you get to install a roll cage." Pretty fun experience.

the other experience I never mind is breaking out in a bracket race. I absolutely hate bracket racing, so I always dial my car hard, knowing I have to run a good time to win, and most likely will never break out. I have yet to "hit the brakes" in a drag race. That is an oxymoron. Anyway, if I break out in a bracket race, that means I set a new PB, so I never cared ... even though it means I "lost" the race technically.

ZeusSVT
05-04-2009, 10:44 PM
Hahaha... yeah one time I was down at HRP (Houston) running on a Friday night before a Fun Ford Weekend event. The tech guy back then was really strict. I had a roll cage, but he deemed the side bars too low (and maybe they were...barely). Anyway, that night he wouldn't allow me to run faster than 12.00. First pass... 11.35. Warning. I was pleading my case..."look and see, the car has a rollcage." He didn't care, of course, since it wasn't his job to care. Second pass, I let my friend drive it b/c the air was good, and he's a better driver than I am, and I was hoping he could set the car's ET record. He ran an 11.21. The tech guy nearly came unglued when he realized my buddy wasn't me, and thus hadn't tech'd in himself. "You and your buddy are OUTTA HERE!!!!"... was the exact response.

I do remember the first time I ever broke into the 11s (back then NHRA was 11.99 for hardtops) and the tech guy knew me b/c I raced at Ennis a lot in the early/mid-'90s. He comes to the window smiling... well Wes, I've got some good news and some bad news. I said, "I broke into the 11s." He says, "congratulations, you have one more pass today and then you get to install a roll cage." Pretty fun experience.

the other experience I never mind is breaking out in a bracket race. I absolutely hate bracket racing, so I always dial my car hard, knowing I have to run a good time to win, and most likely will never break out. I have yet to "hit the brakes" in a drag race. That is an oxymoron. Anyway, if I break out in a bracket race, that means I set a new PB, so I never cared ... even though it means I "lost" the race technically.

If only I could be fortunate enough to get kicked off at the next meet. :eek2: I'd gladly take my slip and ROLL OUT!!! :burnout::rll:

I can dream right?? :evil

WA 2 FST
05-04-2009, 11:53 PM
He was @ the Shootout and ran 1 pass 12.9.I stand corrected,his car has 543 RWHP with tune and 2.6 upper pulley race gas.Gear Heads in Arlington tuned his car.

Ok, just so I get this straight... his car made 543rwhp and in that trim it has run a 12.02 as his best time? If so, this makes perfect sense, and is what I would expect. Do you know the trap speed on that pass?

ChevyLee
05-05-2009, 11:35 AM
For the next meet I am sure we can line em up..

Hey, if you still have your time slip, post it up. I'll see if I can find mine.

I was thinking the same thing about the sound, and the time slip. I was like what the heck is this, mine was mostly blank, guess there ink or something ran out. Yea I was a little slow off the line, I need to focus on the lights and not wait for the other driver to go first lol..

BTW what mods do you have??

Sandman
05-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Performance wise, I have a filter, minor shift kit, and I was running slicks. That's about it. For all practical purposes you were running a stock lightning.

I've cut better times when it was bone stock on radials, the weather Friday night sucked. The best I've ever pulled it was bone stock and ran a 13.55.

BC Lightning
05-05-2009, 07:39 PM
LOL I like this quote from RedHeartbeat (http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/members/redheartbeat.html):

"Aw shucks, there's me getting beat by the sandbaggin' trailer queen. http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_lol1.gif 11 second club my glutius maximus. http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_lol1.gif"

ChevyLee
05-05-2009, 11:25 PM
If you guys want to go buy who had the fastest truck then we won, there as a s10 that ran in the 9s lolknana

Beaudee
05-05-2009, 11:35 PM
Ok, just so I get this straight... his car made 543rwhp and in that trim it has run a 12.02 as his best time? If so, this makes perfect sense, and is what I would expect. Do you know the trap speed on that pass?

No.I dont think your car will ever get in the 11's in the texas summer.His 12.02 was a lucky run.

ThunderBolt
05-06-2009, 03:38 AM
If you guys want to go buy who had the fastest truck then we won, there as a s10 that ran in the 9s lolknana

We also have 9 second trucks.

T Hogg
05-06-2009, 09:53 AM

If you guys want to go by who won the most races, there were more Ford wins the whole night.knana

ChevyLee
05-06-2009, 11:25 AM
We also have 9 second trucks.
That's weird, I must of have missed it when they raced that night.

If you guys want to go by who won the most races, there were more Ford wins the whole night.knana
Prove it :d

ChevyLee
05-06-2009, 12:23 PM
Great race!!Your L. Stock?If he didnt have the tune you would have got him.:tu:
I am going to quote this, I think this is the funniest thing I have read on the internet in a long time.

brobradh77
05-06-2009, 12:38 PM

Maybe so BUUT not against GM Trucks :)

T Hogg
05-06-2009, 01:32 PM
That's weird, I must of have missed it when they raced that night.

Prove it :d

I just got off the phone w/ the guy who was running the burnout box and he confirmed the Ford wins by a landslide.:D If you need more proof I can make another call to someone in the tower. But they will most likely say the samething.:twitch:

DBRODS
05-06-2009, 02:48 PM
I just got off the phone w/ the guy who was running the burnout box and he confirmed the Ford wins by a landslide.:D If you need more proof I can make another call to someone in the tower. But they will most likely say the samething.:twitch:

Yep there was a TON of FORD on FORD action, when you put it that way the Ford has to win...:rll::rll::rll:

ONROIDS
05-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Yep there was a TON of FORD on FORD action, when you put it that way the Ford has to win...:rll::rll::rll:
thats the only way they can jon:eek:

REDBLITZ
05-06-2009, 03:18 PM

maybe he had a little to much VHT and smoke that night, cuz it didn't look that way from where I was sitting.

T Hogg
05-06-2009, 03:24 PM

I guess you could look at it that way. But for me, most of the time I only race other Ford trucks b/c I can't find a Chevy truck that wants to get some. You find me one and I'll give em some.:rll::rll::rll:

Sandman
05-06-2009, 03:43 PM
*sigh* here we go again.

Don't know about yall, but win or lose, I had a fun time just running down the strip no matter who was in the other lane.knana

nacklas
05-06-2009, 03:45 PM
I guess you could look at it that way. But for me, most of the time I only race other Ford trucks b/c I can't find a Chevy truck that wants to get some. You find me one and I'll give em some.:rll::rll::rll:

:beer::rll::rll::beer:
I dont think this will ever stop!!! Makes for a fun time at the track!!

ChevyLee
05-06-2009, 04:12 PM
haha nice one Jon

maybe he had a little to much VHT and smoke that night, cuz it didn't look that way from where I was sitting.

LOL owned

duckysbht
05-06-2009, 04:52 PM

:evil you trailor your truck to a track that is 15 minutes from you and that's it. What else do you expect to find to race?

T Hogg
05-06-2009, 06:38 PM
:evil you trailor your truck to a track that is 15 minutes from you and that's it. What else do you expect to find to race?

I can also trailor my truck 3.5 hrs to your house by Sunday morning if you have something for me. We can race from one block to the next. As long as you have the $$ I have the time.:evil I like to see once you put as much $$ as I have in your motor, how much you drive it. I don't like driving on and off the trailer.
Just so you know, my truck was built to run on the street. You live your life a 1/4 mile at a time, I live mine 3-4 street light poles at a time.:d

You ask what did I expect to find? I drove/trailor 15 mins to the track hopeing to find a Chevy that could atleast break into the 10's.:rolleyes: Maybe next time you'll bring a gun to a gun fight.:tu:

duckysbht
05-06-2009, 09:09 PM
I can also trailor my truck 3.5 hrs to your house by Sunday morning if you have something for me. We can race from one block to the next. As long as you have the $$ I have the time.:evil I like to see once you put as much $$ as I have in your motor, how much you drive it. I don't like driving on and off the trailer.
Just so you know, my truck was built to run on the street. You live your life a 1/4 mile at a time, I live mine 3-4 street light poles at a time.:d

You ask what did I expect to find? I drove/trailor 15 mins to the track hopeing to find a Chevy that could atleast break into the 10's.:rolleyes: Maybe next time you'll bring a gun to a gun fight.:tu:

:evil You make me ROR

brobradh77
05-06-2009, 10:44 PM
. You live your life a 1/4 mile at a time, I live mine 3-4 street light poles at a time.:d

Ok Vin Diesel..lol...Let me guess..for that 10 seconds or less your free?..LMAO

03LightningRocks
05-06-2009, 11:27 PM
I can only say that John's truck has been driven 500 miles to Lightning fest ran some mid 11 runs all weekend on motor then driven 500 miles back to Texas.

This is the same motor and tranny that is in the truck today

Yep...you were a major pain in the a$$ with your fricking 11 gallon fuel tank.....or was it 5? :D

03LightningRocks
05-06-2009, 11:47 PM
500...that's how many fights it takes to know your really tough. So far I am at around 12....won't be long now.

03LightningRocks
05-06-2009, 11:56 PM
OK....so WTF??????? I thought everyone had a good time. I just wasted 30 minutes of my life reading bullshit!!! Sorry I didn't show up. I would have used my trailer also, so I guess I would have been hearing crap too. I do drive mine on the street. It is just easier to get it in it's race clothing and drag it to the track. Then there is always the chance it might break down or I might crash it at the track. I can afford a trailer...I am smart enough to pull a trailer...I drive a Ford F250 so I have a vehicle that can actually pull a trailer...so what the hell? I should somehow believe the bullshit from guys who can't and drive to the track like their broke asses do???? No fricking thanks. Maybe some day if you work hard, you cheby guys can afford trailers and not have to slum it.:evil

dboat
05-07-2009, 04:34 AM
OK....so WTF??????? I thought everyone had a good time. I just wasted 30 minutes of my life reading bullshit!!! Sorry I didn't show up. I would have used my trailer also, so I guess I would have been hearing crap too. I do drive mine on the street. It is just easier to get it in it's race clothing and drag it to the track. Then there is always the chance it might break down or I might crash it at the track. I can afford a trailer...I am smart enough to pull a trailer...I drive a Ford F250 so I have a vehicle that can actually pull a trailer...so what the hell? I should somehow believe the bullshit from guys who can't and drive to the track like their broke asses do???? No fricking thanks. Maybe some day if you work hard, you cheby guys can afford trailers and not have to slum it.:evil

well put... us guys that have lightly modded L's and go low 13 high 12's dont worry so much about it but I dont go to the track enough with mine to warrant spending the $$ on a trailer.. but I would if I had a 9 or 10 sec L..
Dana

T Hogg
05-07-2009, 08:15 AM
:evil You make me ROR

ROR:icon_question: Is this good or bad?

T Hogg
05-07-2009, 08:28 AM

Yes, we had a great time. The Chevy guys were cool just a few crying about getting beat by trailer queens. You should have come, it would have been nice to have your trailer queen too.:D

duckysbht
05-07-2009, 08:52 AM
ROR:icon_question: Is this good or bad?

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e158/duckysbht/others/ror.jpg

03LightningRocks
05-07-2009, 09:31 AM
Yes, we had a great time. The Chevy guys were cool just a few crying about getting beat by trailer queens. You should have come, it would have been nice to have your trailer queen too.:D

UURGHH!!!! Trailer queen!!! I hate that phrase! So if I do drive it to the track and knock off some high tens/low elevens, are the same clowns going to give me crap because I put slicks on it?

DBRODS
05-07-2009, 10:27 AM
It sure has been humid all week. Real thick.

T Hogg
05-07-2009, 10:27 AM
UURGHH!!!! Trailer queen!!! I hate that phrase! So if I do drive it to the track and knock off some high tens/low elevens, are the same clowns going to give me crap because I put slicks on it?

I'm sure they will come up with some reason why you beat them. If it's not the slick it will b/c you have a power adder or something silly. It can't be b/c you have a fast truck. Oh no.

But it's fun blowing their doors off, like taking candy from a baby.:banana:

Beaudee
05-07-2009, 11:10 AM
What did a fully stock L. do against an 08 or ??? fully stock silverado.We all know it only takes $$$$$$$$ to make a fast ride .I never did keep up with the shoot-out closely.As far as i am concerned a stock Ford Vs. stock Silverado says it all.:d Who actually won this thing?????

Sandman
05-07-2009, 12:21 PM
What did a fully stock L. do against an 08 or ??? fully stock silverado.We all know it only takes $$$$$$$$ to make a fast ride .I never did keep up with the shoot-out closely.As far as i am concerned a stock Ford Vs. stock Silverado says it all.:d Who actually won this thing?????

I doubt anybody will argue that a stock L will beat a stock Silverado. I don't think there was a stock Silverado there. But that's not what it's about. It's about what type of weapon you brought to the fight, stock or not.

duckysbht
05-07-2009, 12:22 PM
I'm sure they will come up with some reason why you beat them. If it's not the slick it will b/c you have a power adder or something silly. It can't be b/c you have a fast truck. Oh no.

But it's fun blowing their doors off, like taking candy from a baby.:banana:

:rll::rll:

Chevy won the meet, THOGG had the fastest time.

T Hogg
05-07-2009, 01:09 PM
:rll::rll:

Chevy won the meet, THOGG had the fastest time.

Please help me understand how you guys still think you won "the meet".?

The way I see it is we had +40 L from stock 15.50's to "some what stock" ;) 10's. You guys had maybe 20 trucks if that, all of which where running low 14's or better. So if you run 20 of the fastest Chevys against all +40 L's. You should win. Now lets take those same 20 Chevys and line them up agaist our 20 fastest L's there that night. Who do you think would win? Now dig deep and be honest with yourself.

duckysbht
05-07-2009, 01:27 PM

The way I see it is we had +40 L from stock 15.50's to "some what stock" ;) 10's. You guys had maybe 20 trucks if that, all of which where running low 14's or better. So if you run 20 of the fastest Chevys against all +40 L's. You should win. Now lets take those same 20 Chevys and line them up agaist our 20 fastest L's there that night. Who do you think would win? Now dig deep and be honest with yourself.

Wait are you serious? :rll: What races were you watching? You can't win the ennis meet playing the what if game "well what if we would have put our fastest against your fastest". Well we didn't, we raced who was next to us because of the cluster **** of people and ricers that kept messing up the lines. The facts and videos show we won more races than the lightning owners won. Sooo I don't know how better else to spell that out to you.

Plus the majority of the guys here agreed that's how it went. So I guess your the only one that saw it differently?

ZeusSVT
05-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Wait are you serious? :rll: What races were you watching? You can't win the ennis meet playing the what if game "well what if we would have put our fastest against your fastest". Well we didn't, we raced who was next to us because of the cluster **** of people and ricers that kept messing up the lines. The facts and videos show we won more races than the lightning owners won. Sooo I don't know how better else to spell that out to you.

Plus the majority of the guys here agreed that's how it went. So I guess your the only one that saw it differently?

The funny part is you've spent MANY hours of your life the last few days here on Talon and on Lightning Rodder trying to justify yourself. It seems everytime I log on to both sites and look at these threads, you are online, day or night...... Did you fall that in love with the lightnings that night that you are here 'fapping it" to pics of our trucks over and over 24 hours a day?? :burnout:Just Curious...:D

duckysbht
05-07-2009, 01:41 PM
The funny part is you've spent MANY hours of your life the last few days here on Talon and on Lightning Rodder trying to justify yourself. It seems everytime I log on to both sites and look at these threads, you are online, day or night...... Did you fall that in love with the lightnings that night that you are here 'fapping it" to pics of our trucks over and over 24 hours a day?? :burnout:Just Curious...:D

I spend way too many hours of my life on the internet period. This is the only interesting thing on knana

T Hogg
05-07-2009, 01:45 PM

Thanks for clearing it up for me.:rolleyes: See ya at the track. I'm done.

03LightningRocks
05-07-2009, 01:50 PM
He said "FAPPING IT"!!!!!!!!!:rll:

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/735411.gif

brobradh77
05-07-2009, 06:26 PM

UHHHHH yeah...I would think we would...After all I only saw a couple L's break out of the 13's...I feel confident we would have held our own..

I thought we were posting timeslips on both sites..take the top 20 from each side and do a comparison....

TXLIGHTNING
05-07-2009, 06:26 PM
he said "fapping it"!!!!!!!!!:rll:

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/735411.gif^^^ lmfao!!!

ZeusSVT
05-07-2009, 11:03 PM
He said "FAPPING IT"!!!!!!!!!:rll:

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/735411.gif

http://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/images/smilies/omgrofl.gifhttp://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/images/smilies/omgrofl.gifhttp://www.lightningrodder.com/forum/images/smilies/omgrofl.gif

ChevyLee
05-08-2009, 10:30 AM
I doubt anybody will argue that a stock L will beat a stock Silverado. I don't think there was a stock Silverado there. But that's not what it's about. It's about what type of weapon you brought to the fight, stock or not.
Well said.
I found my time slip from that race, guess it was another one that I couldn't read.

:throw: