PDA

View Full Version : Storm damage from last night/this AM

Shiner1
06-11-2009, 01:06 PM
My fence in the pool, along with branches, mud, maybe a body. The Large branches from the Oak tree went through the NEW fence I just put up. As you can see haven't even had a chance to stain it yet. :hammer:

tiffo60
06-11-2009, 01:08 PM
That sucks, going to be some work cutting that tree up:D

A section of my fence came down but it will be easy to fix

Shiner1
06-11-2009, 01:12 PM
1 more. I heard on the news that the estimated straight line winds this AM in Lewisville was 101mph!!

In2deep
06-11-2009, 01:21 PM
That sucks man!!

Ohmsby
06-11-2009, 01:56 PM
Lucky you were not skinny dipping at the time of the storm:D

glad everyone is OK

Chris94L
06-11-2009, 02:03 PM
"swim'n hole"

Someone is a redneck ;)

tliss
06-11-2009, 04:40 PM
I didn't get much damage yesterday other than power outage. On generator power now. I got mine last storm...lost two of my 40-50 foot trees in the backyard...went through my back fence. Plus I had several fence posts break. In the process of redoing the fence now. Guy whose yard my trees ended up in is being a cheapskate and doesn't want to pitch in for the rebuilt fence...want to do the whole thing rather than just fix the damaged spots...needless to say there is still a hole in the fence, although it is covered on my side with a spare fence panel I took off of the new fence side! Propped up 'nek style with tree stump remnants :tu:...and it held during yesterday's storms!

Lesson learned: 'nek style is enough to hold up during strong storms!!

Tom

Silver_2000
06-11-2009, 05:14 PM
I lost 2 big limbs off a dying tree and was with out power for 18 hours or so

I came to work for a few hours then went to buy a generator to keep the insulin and beer cold and by the time I got the generator home the power was back on by 5 min

My damage was nothing compared to the stories here

Glad everyone is ok

my2002lightning
06-11-2009, 07:06 PM
John and Tom,

Glad you two and the others are alright.

Shiner1
06-12-2009, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the well wishes guys. Everyone is fine. My wife is still a little shaken up over the visual damage. The back yard is her haven and as you can tell it's pretty trashed. Nothing that can't be cleaned up or repaired but that's her baby and she takes great pride in the flower beds, bushes/plants and such.

charlie
06-12-2009, 09:11 AM
101 MPH winds:eek:

I can believe it. I lost a shed in the back, that was anchored down with lag bolts.

Any one guess what I'll be doing today? :mad:

nacklas
06-12-2009, 10:37 AM
We had to two down trees in our backyard! Not looking forward to the clean up!:hammer:

eddiesvt02
06-12-2009, 11:01 AM
That suck for sure, glad the fam is ok

dboat
06-12-2009, 07:00 PM
Thanks for the well wishes guys. Everyone is fine. My wife is still a little shaken up over the visual damage. The back yard is her haven and as you can tell it's pretty trashed. Nothing that can't be cleaned up or repaired but that's her baby and she takes great pride in the flower beds, bushes/plants and such.

John, even with the damage, you can tell you have a really nice backyard. Tell the wife she has done a good job..

Dana

Silver_2000
06-12-2009, 09:10 PM
John, even with the damage, you can tell you have a really nice backyard. Tell the wife she has done a good job..

Dana
+1
Was thinking the same

Moonshine
06-17-2009, 07:11 PM
I got a call Sunday afternoon that the campsite at the deer lease got hit pretty hard by the hailstorm Friday night. Took today off to go and check out the damage and retrieve my travel trailer, as I'd been told it took a beating. It wasn't as bad as I expected, mostly cosmetic, but the front and one side of my travel trailer looks like someone worked it over with a ball peen hammer. Also lost a clearance light, and one skylight, but not much rain got inside. It's at the shop now, awaiting the insurance adjuster. It'll be interesting to see how it compares to hail damage appraisals on cars.

dboat
06-17-2009, 09:46 PM
I got a call Sunday afternoon that the campsite at the deer lease got hit pretty hard by the hailstorm Friday night. Took today off to go and check out the damage and retrieve my travel trailer, as I'd been told it took a beating. It wasn't as bad as I expected, mostly cosmetic, but the front and one side of my travel trailer looks like someone worked it over with a ball peen hammer. Also lost a clearance light, and one skylight, but not much rain got inside. It's at the shop now, awaiting the insurance adjuster. It'll be interesting to see how it compares to hail damage appraisals on cars.

Brian, sorry to hear about this..
Dana

Moonshine
06-18-2009, 01:13 PM
Brian, sorry to hear about this..
Dana

Thanks, but truly, I'd much rather it be the trailer than the house, and this is what insurance is for. It's a deer lease trailer, and I figure it'll get hit again, sooner or later.

my2002lightning
06-18-2009, 08:01 PM
Brian,

Depending on your home-owners insurance policy, how it's structured and agent, they may make it all good with you.

Just a thought.