PDA

View Full Version : November GTG

Mark #2
10-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Okay, ~a week away.

One last try at a central meeting location?
I know we have debated this:

Ad nauseam is a Latin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latin) term used to describe an argument (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument) which has been continuing "to [the point of] nausea (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nausea)".[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_nauseam#cite_note-0) For example, the sentence "This topic has been discussed ad nauseam" signifies that the topic in question has been discussed extensively and everyone involved in the discussion is sick and tired of it.

So thinking of locking it in to Pappa's BBQ.

Let me know your thoughts and we can discuss AdN again, y'all know my favorite but I would like to see some of the west guys again and driving across the metroplex is ridiculous in either direction.

Mark

dboat
10-27-2009, 08:51 PM
Mark I am in total agreement with a Central location.. however, we all like the view at BD's of the chicklettes. So, I have not been at any of these, how about we consider Twin Peaks? here is a link to a centrally located one.

Dana

http://www.twinpeaksrestaurant.com/Twin%20Peaks/Locations-Bedford.htm

Mark #2
10-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Mark I am in total agreement with a Central location.. however, we all like the view at BD's of the chicklettes. So, I have not been at any of these, how about we consider Twin Peaks? here is a link to a centrally located one.

Dana

http://www.twinpeaksrestaurant.com/Twin%20Peaks/Locations-Bedford.htm
Bedford/Useless is not central IMHO.

dboat
10-27-2009, 09:02 PM
Bedford/Useless is not central IMHO.

oh:o

Shiner1
10-28-2009, 08:30 AM
There is a Twin Peaks in Lewisville. There is also a very nice Hooters.... Just a suggestion.

HARLEY/SC
10-28-2009, 09:08 AM
So what now?!.......

Shiner1
10-28-2009, 09:31 AM
So what now?!.......

I'd still like to do a Saturday as well as the usual 1st Thursday..

HARLEY/SC
10-28-2009, 10:14 AM
Im down with John on this one! Thursday's i get off work to late and never able to make it so my vote is for Saturday!

dboat
10-28-2009, 07:28 PM
Guys, lets not limit ourselves.. lets do BOTH!!!... :tu:

Dana

Moonshine
10-28-2009, 07:35 PM
I should be able to make Thursday, but Saturday is reserved for deer hunting. What qualifies as a central location depends upon where one begins from.

Mark #2
10-28-2009, 08:15 PM
I should be able to make Thursday, but Saturday is reserved for deer hunting. What qualifies as a central location depends upon where one begins from.

The meeting that I am attempting to plan is Thursday Nov 5th at 6pm.

I agree on the Central comment, but it has historically been at 35 and loop 12.

We have had some good turn outs at Pappa's BBQ, so tell me why not for this historical location for the last one that most will likely attend this year?

Otherwise, I will just post that the event is at Bonedaddy's Richardson and this is where we have historically had the most show up for the past 9 years.:tex Some have stated why would we have a monthly at any other place?

I am just trying to suggest an alternative, and I don't pretend that I am in charge or have any influence on when or where we have monthly meetings, I just try to plan something and get us all together.

Regards,
Mark

Silver_2000
10-28-2009, 10:09 PM
The meeting that I am attempting to plan is Thursday Nov 5th at 6pm.

I agree on the Central comment, but it has historically been at 35 and loop 12.

We have had some good turn outs at Pappa's BBQ, so tell me why not for this historical location for the last one that most will likely attend this year?

Otherwise, I will just post that the event is at Bonedaddy's Richardson and this is where we have historically had the most show up for the past 9 years.:tex Some have stated why would we have a monthly at any other place?

I am just trying to suggest an alternative, and I don't pretend that I am in charge or have any influence on when or where we have monthly meetings, I just try to plan something and get us all together.

Regards,
Mark
I vote mark is in charge of the hell that is the monthly meetings !!

Any seconds ?

Ohmsby
10-28-2009, 10:23 PM
+1

Sandman
10-28-2009, 11:22 PM
They just opened a twin peaks in Frisco. That's closest to me, so I think it should be there. :D

Silver_2000
10-28-2009, 11:34 PM
If we are taking recommendations Red Neck heaven (http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewTaggedPhotos&friendID=221650144) is a good choice for ONE visit

dboat
10-29-2009, 01:21 AM
I vote mark is in charge of the hell that is the monthly meetings !!

Any seconds ?

I second that..

Dana

Moonshine
10-29-2009, 08:07 AM
+1

All in favor.....Aye. :tu: And I wasn't squawking about Pappas.

Shiner1
10-29-2009, 09:35 AM
Yea!!!! Mark is in charge!!

nacklas
10-29-2009, 02:01 PM
Can't make this one... Getting married that week!

PUMP
10-29-2009, 02:28 PM
Make the call -- Mark:bows

Mark #2
11-02-2009, 08:11 PM
Well you guys are leaving it up to me?

So without some positive input for Pappas, y'all know where I will choose. So input please, y'all have your chance.

And thanks for the hell of the monthly.

Moonshine
11-02-2009, 08:30 PM
OK, I'll vote for any of three options; Pappa's, Bonedaddy's in Grapevine, or the place (I can't recall the name, but we had a monthly meet there once) on the other side of the intersection from Pappa's.

dboat
11-02-2009, 08:51 PM
BoneDaddy's or Twin Peaks mid cities..

Dana

ZeusSVT
11-02-2009, 09:28 PM
Pappas sounds like a good choice. Or bonedaddys grapevine would be my second vote. :icon_mrgreen:

BradOcean
11-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Bonedaddys Grapevine +1.....i work a block away :icon_cool:

Silver_2000
11-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Im still confused

WHERE IS THE MEETING ???

Please update the calendar

dboat
11-02-2009, 11:40 PM
Im still confused

WHERE IS THE MEETING ???

Please update the calendar

Mark is gauging the interest of different locations, he will decide and we will show up.. so hold on to your britches..

Dana

Mark #2
11-03-2009, 08:33 PM
Mark is gauging the interest of different locations, he will decide and we will show up.. so hold on to your britches..

Dana
Well you guys are on your own now.
I had a Birthday recently and discovered today at the tax office for registration, that my drivers license is also expired, so driving especially after an adult beverage is out.

Silver_2000
11-03-2009, 11:30 PM
Well you guys are on your own now.
I had a Birthday recently and discovered today at the tax office for registration, that my drivers license is also expired, so driving especially after an adult beverage is out.
You can show up an not drink

the other thing is you can renew online (https://www.texasonline.state.tx.us/tolapp/txdl/welcome.dl)and the paperwork they generate works for the license while the other is in the mail ...

Ask me how I know

Renewals and address changes for Driver Licenses and Identification Cards may be processed online. Review the frequently asked questions (https://www.texasonline.state.tx.us/tolapp/txdl/faq.dl?locale=en_US) for more information on the requirements. Online service eligibility is determined by the system at login.
Please have the following items ready and click the CONTINUE button when you are ready to proceed:

A valid credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express)
Your current Texas Driver License or Identification Card
Your Social Security number (must be on file with DPS)

dboat
11-04-2009, 07:26 AM
You can show up an not drink

the other thing is you can renew online (https://www.texasonline.state.tx.us/tolapp/txdl/welcome.dl)and the paperwork they generate works for the license while the other is in the mail ...

Ask me how I know

So Mark, you are still on the hook for this.. man up.. :D

Dana

Silver_2000
11-04-2009, 08:39 AM
and tell the daft among us

where

PUMP
11-04-2009, 10:05 AM
and tell the daft among us

whereMy motto in business was "There is profit in confusion" so there has to be a way to make money on this deal.:evil:evil

Mark #2
11-04-2009, 09:40 PM
So Mark, you are still on the hook for this.. man up.. :D

Dana
Okay, it is at BD Richardson, since this is probably the last time I try to plan one.

Time for some one else to take over the mess that is the monthly meetings. I have done this for many years and let's face it this has been the best place for almost a decade.

dboat
11-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Okay, it is at BD Richardson, since this is probably the last time I try to plan one.

Time for some one else to take over the mess that is the monthly meetings. I have done this for many years and let's face it this has been the best place for almost a decade.

:santa:santa:santa:santa:santa:santa:santa:santa:s anta:santa:santa:santa

Lets just get it in the calendar ... so all the bro's knows where to goes..

Dana

thank you Mark for your service to our community :tu:

ZeusSVT
11-04-2009, 10:37 PM
I'll be there. :tu:

Sandman
11-04-2009, 10:38 PM
I'll try to make it.

PUMP
11-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Thanks #2 for the #1 action. I'll be there as well.

zforce77
11-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Ok its at BD Richardson, what time and day? I saw 5th or 6th, last one was BD Sat at 2.

Silver_2000
11-05-2009, 05:23 PM
Ok its at BD Richardson, what time and day? I saw 5th or 6th, last one was BD Sat at 2.
TODAY

6 pm

zforce77
11-05-2009, 05:32 PM
Can't make this one, just got my wife out of the hospital today. Try the next one.

ZeusSVT
11-05-2009, 05:50 PM
I should be there on time, getting home from work to grab the truck out of the garage now, and will be headed there in a few. knana

PUMP
11-05-2009, 11:21 PM
As I was leaving the house at 5:30, got a call from my brother. He had a severe plumbing leak. By the time I got to his house to help fix his problem (North Tollway just south of LBJ) it was 7:00PM. The best laid plans ........... oft get screwed up.

ZeusSVT
11-06-2009, 01:01 PM
Low turnout, but me, Dana, and Mark had a good time. Good seeing you guys. :beer:

L8 APEX
11-06-2009, 05:24 PM
I went by Pappas as it was the last place listed when I checked a few days ago... Oh well.

dboat
11-06-2009, 08:06 PM
I went by Pappas as it was the last place listed when I checked a few days ago... Oh well.

and we talked about you the entire time we were there..

Dana

dboat
11-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Low turnout, but me, Dana, and Mark had a good time. Good seeing you guys. :beer:
Yep, we are hard core... good seeing you again too..

Dana

Mark #2
11-06-2009, 09:32 PM
Yep, we are hard core... good seeing you again too..

Dana
It was fun, the sad thing is that we all had to charge the L battery the day before to drive them there.
Also, I learned that I am not the most anal retentive person on anti-contact with other people.;)

dboat
11-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Also, I learned that I am not the most anal retentive person on anti-contact with other people.;)

Did you wash your hands before and after typing on that keyboard?:evil

Dana

ZeusSVT
11-07-2009, 12:00 AM
Did you wash your hands before and after typing on that keyboard?:evil

Dana

And of course Dana had to initiate the hand shaking at the end, even after the conversation that was held. :rll::rll::rll:

dboat
11-07-2009, 05:14 AM
And of course Dana had to initiate the hand shaking at the end, even after the conversation that was held. :rll::rll::rll:

thats why I did it... never know where those hands have been... :evil:evil:evil

Dana