PDA

View Full Version : Anything Else Needed In this Package?

TxBolt
02-08-2003, 12:55 PM
Home Shop Search View Cart Empty Cart Customer Service Check Out

1999 - 2002 PSP Lower End Package

Buy the complete package and save $118.00!!
Kit Includes:
ARP Head Studs
ARP Main Studs
Custom CP Pistons
FMS High Volume Oil Pump
Manley Forged H-beam Connecting rods
ModMax Plasma Moly Ring set
Performance Main Bearings
Performance Rod Bearings

$1,875.00

Item #

Select Bore:
Select0.20 OverStock

Tell a Friend about this product

Buy the complete package and save $118.00!!
Kit Includes:
ARP Head Studs
ARP Main Studs
Custom CP Pistons
FMS High Volume Oil Pump
Manley Forged H-beam Connecting rods
ModMax Plasma Moly Ring set
Performance Main Bearings
Performance Rod Bearings
Please specify standard bore or .020 over.
PSP Buying Tip- Be cautious of other companies selling cheaper package deals. The parts are not the same!! Make sure you know what you are getting before you buy a "cheaper" engine package. See below descriptions for details.

Home Shop Search View Cart Empty Cart Customer Service Check Out

lightningconcepts
02-08-2003, 01:26 PM
nope thats it, all you need is a laborer. don't forget a set of heads and cams to complete the job.

Silver_2000
02-08-2003, 06:30 PM
Watch out for the valve springs.. There are some BAD valve psrings out there - Do some research to be sure theses are NOT them

TxBolt
02-08-2003, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the info Doug. I suppose your telling me on the cool that theres someone selling bad springs without bashing the person. I appriciate the help.I have it posted that I want a long block. Its cheaper in the long run. So I will see what comes, and keep my eyes open for the springs. Thanks Tim

BigBob
02-08-2003, 09:16 PM
There have been some bad springs supplied by both companies manufacturing new cams for the mod motors. You want to make sure you get "ovate" springs. Apparently there are two (or more)spring suppliers providing high performance mod motor springs to the cam companies. The cheaper ones have had some breakage problems. I have been told breakage frequency is not high, but if you are the one who has the broken spring, it is very high! Fortunately I was given a heads up by friends and sent my new springs (still in the box) back for exchange last week.

Silver_2000
02-08-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by 380hp
Thanks for the info Doug. I suppose your telling me on the cool that theres someone selling bad springs without bashing the person. I appriciate the help.I have it posted that I want a long block. Its cheaper in the long run. So I will see what comes, and keep my eyes open for the springs. Thanks Tim

I didnt know the details - And I knew that MOST tuners had been affected so I just left it as a generic warning.. BigBobs info should point you in the right direction..

Doug

TxBolt
02-08-2003, 09:39 PM
Wow! That would be a rough way to go!:hammer: Thanks I will make sure I don't get those!

TxBolt
02-09-2003, 11:26 AM
Spoke to REM today, best price found on long block. So looks like that will be the way to go. Their heads have the right springs. Now , I have to convince the wife its the way to go.:hammer: If it don't work out right, anyone have a spare bedroom?:nana2 :nana2

wesman
02-09-2003, 01:35 PM
Spoke to REM today, best price found on long block. So looks like that will be the way to go. Their heads have the right springs. Now , I have to convince the wife its the way to go.:hammer: If it don't work out right, anyone have a spare bedroom?:nana2 :nana2

What was the price on a complete long block ?

--wes

TxBolt
02-09-2003, 07:56 PM

wesman
02-09-2003, 09:29 PM

Holy Jesus!!!!!

That's stout...I have two spare bedrooms....you may need one once your wife hears that # :)

--wes

Skank Dog
02-10-2003, 09:46 PM
Wish I could be a fly on the wall when you break the news to her, Id like to see that a$$ whippin' commence!!:d
Oh yea, the wife says you AIN'T comin' over here!!!:hammer: LMAO!!

L8 APEX
02-10-2003, 10:42 PM
These motors are expensive to build right. I would follow Sal's advice and not buy the cheapest motor available. Some cheaper forged pistons slap a lot sounding like a diesel. Hand doodled heads vs. CNC machined. A little of getting what you pay for:twitch: