PDA

View Full Version : Scoring the delayed Samsung 500?

PUMP
04-19-2010, 05:18 PM
I guess I missed something in the rules. Scores where up on the fantasy site before the delayed race was over. What is the deal? Revised scores are now up.

Sixpipes
04-19-2010, 07:00 PM
I guess I missed something in the rules. Scores where up on the fantasy site before the delayed race was over. What is the deal? Revised scores are now up.

When the race is delayed a day, the race is automatically scored the night of the scheduled race. In this case, the scores were posted based on starting position because that is how the program thought the race ended. So today, after the positions were actually completed, the program was refreshed and the correct scores were posted. Or something like that.... It still doesn't change the fact that Jeff Gordon got hosed. :cool:

Mark #2
04-19-2010, 07:36 PM
When the race is delayed a day, the race is automatically scored the night of the scheduled race. In this case, the scores were posted based on starting position because that is how the program thought the race ended. So today, after the positions were actually completed, the program was refreshed and the correct scores were posted. Or something like that.... It still doesn't change the fact that Jeff Gordon got hosed. :cool:

Got to go to the race today, thanks again, reminder to self, don't pick who Sixpipes has this year.
Last year we often picked the same guys and did well.

Doug is the win leader, it is crushing Sixpipes and me.

PUMP
04-19-2010, 08:19 PM
I had all 4 of my drivers in the top ten with 20 laps to go, then the pile up. Earnhardt had one of the fastest cars, but couldn't do diddly on the restarts. All of which proves that ignorence and superstition will overcome science and technology every time.

Silver_2000
04-19-2010, 08:21 PM
Doug is the win leader, it is crushing Sixpipes and me.

Win leader and getting crushed... Still in third place of 4

Just proof that is all luck

Great - Race - lots of laughs - Thanks for the opportunity
We need to find excuses to get together more often..

Ill post some of the pics I took later

Mark #2
04-19-2010, 09:06 PM
lots of laughs
We need to find excuses to get together more often..

Agree, had a very good time with you guys today, the old timers hanging out again at a race track.