PDA

View Full Version : College football

Shiner1
06-10-2010, 01:17 PM
My opinion - I understand that the driving factor here is money. When each of the Big 10 schools made apporximatly 20 million in TV revenue, I see why Missouri and/or Nebraska would want to move to that conference. I wonder if the Pac 10 knew that USC was about to get bitch slapped and wanted to pick-up Texas to help pull in lost revenue? So a few of the Big 12 schools are absorbed into other BCS conferences. Other schools that have been playing very well the past few years, TCU, Boise State move to the now "Super conferences" and they are now BCS eligible every year instead of hoping to get bids. Some schools will really benefit from this, some not so much. Two things that really bother me though...#1 - I hate the BCS system and I think this will entrench this GAD DAMN system for the next 20 years. "See boys move to a big conference and make more money. Not to mention you are now in a BCS eligible position". #2 - I have known it for a long time but I guess I didn't want to accept it. It really is all about the money. I wish is was about football, basketball and every other college sport. :(

What are your thoughts??

dboat
06-10-2010, 02:06 PM
Its all about money and recruiting.. if you are in a Big conf, then you are on tv.. you get seen, you get more money, you build bigger stadiums, you get better recruiting, you win more games, you get more money.. did I say you get more money?? :evil

its all about the money..

Dana

Sixpipes
06-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Money = facilities = ability to recruit top talent = winning = money. Really pretty simple. Don't like it, but it is the world we live in here in the good ole USA. :cool: