PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using these brake rotors?

zforce77
07-28-2010, 04:18 PM
I am looking for a set of rotors and pads and came across this brand called Rotorpros. Anyone know anything about them and how they hold up?
http://www.rotorpros.net/

TXLIGHTNING
07-28-2010, 04:33 PM
I am looking for a set of rotors and pads and came across this brand called Rotorpros. Anyone know anything about them and how they hold up?
http://www.rotorpros.net/ Yep, got the slotted rotors on my truck now. Just don't buy the cross drilled rotors, they tend to crack.

dboat
07-28-2010, 04:54 PM
I only use EBC rotors and pads.. have tried the others and come back to the EBC's..

Dana

zforce77
07-28-2010, 04:57 PM
This is what they offer so what should I not want on my truck.
$600 for EBC is kinda high with no pads. Best price I found on Ebay

"Rotorpros also offers a wide variety of rotor patterns (designs) to meet your individual braking needs. You can choose from drilled only, slotted only, drilled and slotted or dimpled and slotted. "

dboat
07-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Z, quality costs... what can I say.. also, your brakes are your most important system on your truck.. remember it weighs about 5800 lbs.. think about it. Keep looking, I think you can get a better price than that..

Dana

This is what they offer so what should I not want on my truck.
$600 for EBC is kinda high with no pads. Best price I found on Ebay

"Rotorpros also offers a wide variety of rotor patterns (designs) to meet your individual braking needs. You can choose from drilled only, slotted only, drilled and slotted or dimpled and slotted. "

SILVER2000SVT
07-28-2010, 05:32 PM
http://www.r1concepts.com/ford-f100f150-2000-rdc2.htm

Here are some more options.

dboat
07-28-2010, 05:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMUYPxD9K4Y&feature=related

just a small sample..

99WhiteBeast
07-29-2010, 08:57 AM
They offer some better deals on the Rotorpros over on Lrodder- I think I saw a complete seat for $480 last I looked.

I'm needing a front set but haven't pulled the trigger yet on what to get.

I've had three sets of EBC (slotted and dimpled) over the 11yrs and haven't been disappointed.

I'm currently running the HAWK HPS pads that are in the link Jason posted- I like them so far

toddwarren
07-29-2010, 10:01 AM
Terry sent me to Rotor pros and he put a complete set of pads and rotors on my Harley! I since had a set od rotors and pads on my wifes Yukon.
Not problems with Rotor pros for me.
Good luck
Todd

zforce77
07-29-2010, 10:17 AM
They offered me a full set of rotors and ceramic pads for $280 delivered. I think this is a killer deal. The Hawk pads are $50 more. They offer Centric Pads ceramic with the $280 deal.

SILVER2000SVT
07-29-2010, 12:06 PM
Don't use ceramics, One of the worst mistakes I ever made on my truck...Had to go back and do another brake job within a month...

dboat
07-29-2010, 01:37 PM
IMHO, its the pads that are more important than the rotors.. I am sure the Rotorpro rotors are fine.. I just happen to like the look of the black EBC rotors as well as their fine craftsmanship. However, the pads are not that expensive and grip like no other.. having said that, I do believe they are harder on the rotors than other pads as well. But I had the Hawks and felt they just didnt grab as good and got rid of them before they were worn out. The EBC's saved my bacon more than once from having a wreck.. When, on the rare occasion, I have let someone drive my truck, while they are impressed with the accelaration, mostly they walk away and can not believe how good the brakes are.

Dana

Mark #2
07-29-2010, 07:08 PM
I'm currently running the HAWK HPS pads that are in the link Jason posted- I like them so far
I have run the hawks on stock rotors for ~10 years and I like them.

kirkmears
07-29-2010, 07:17 PM
like these?
http://kirkmears.com/dnn4/Portals/0/UltraPhotoGallery/406/9/[5].DSCI0072.JPG
...so yes, don't get the xdrilled, unless you pay around $2k+. :evil the rotorpros w/ green pads are awesome :tu:

TXLIGHTNING
07-30-2010, 12:17 PM
like these?
...so yes, don't get the xdrilled, unless you pay around $2k+. :evil the rotorpros w/ green pads are awesome :tu:^^^ This is why I said no cross drilled rotors :tu:

dboat
07-30-2010, 12:22 PM
like these?
...so yes, don't get the xdrilled, unless you pay around $2k+. :evil the rotorpros w/ green pads are awesome :tu:

^^^ This is why I said no cross drilled rotors :tu:

I hate to say it but I had those same small cracks show up on my stock rotors as well. But they show up sooner and easier on cross drilled.. the EBC rotors are dimpled and slotted.. but no holes..

Dana

ZeusSVT
07-31-2010, 08:50 PM
Rotorpros are perfect, price and performance alike. I had a set for my truck, but sold it and never put them on. I think Frailan has them on his truck now. I went with dimpled and slotted....don't do drilled like others said. The weight of these trucks will make them crack pretty quick.

zforce77
08-03-2010, 09:56 PM
Ordered my rotors from Rotorpros today with Hawk pads, rotors dimpled and slotted. $330 delivered to my door, now thats a great deal.

TXLIGHTNING
08-04-2010, 12:10 PM
You wont be disappointed with them :tu:

L8 APEX
08-05-2010, 10:29 AM
I use RotorPros for the cheap price. There is no magic stock rotor. Some may be made from better steel than others. I even cracked my 4k dollar drilled Brembos. The rep said they cool too quickly for heavy vehicle apps. The slots allow for out gassing and pad cleaning without the inherent stress risers of drilled holes. The biggest issue with the stock rotor is its pillar design. Instead of an internally veined rotor which draws air through the rotor when in motion. The pillars just hold the rotor together and do not promote much air flow. If you run an aggressive pad on a stock rotor it will create more friction and heat will rise more quickly. Initially it will feel like more grip but it will fade and cause rotor damage faster. Your braking limitations are in the material, diameter and air flow. Then you get into fluids after that. Most daily drivers have low temp moisture saturated fluids in the calipers. On track days I would bleed Motul RBF through the calipers after each session or day depending on the conditions. Grand Am Dodge Vipers were known to be a heavy race car. They had brake fluid circulation and cooling systems on them to keep the fluid alive. When they applied the brakes check valves make the brakes function. Then when they let off an electric pump would circulate the fluid through a cooler.
The Brembo guys kind of laughed when I told them I wanted a system to race a 5k lb truck. They said eating pads and rotors will be a given at that weight.

TXLIGHTNING
08-05-2010, 12:26 PM
I use RotorPros for the cheap price. There is no magic stock rotor. Some may be made from better steel than others. I even cracked my 4k dollar drilled Brembos. The rep said they cool too quickly for heavy vehicle apps. The slots allow for out gassing and pad cleaning without the inherent stress risers of drilled holes. The biggest issue with the stock rotor is its pillar design. Instead of an internally veined rotor which draws air through the rotor when in motion. The pillars just hold the rotor together and do not promote much air flow. If you run an aggressive pad on a stock rotor it will create more friction and heat will rise more quickly. Initially it will feel like more grip but it will fade and cause rotor damage faster. Your braking limitations are in the material, diameter and air flow. Then you get into fluids after that. Most daily drivers have low temp moisture saturated fluids in the calipers. On track days I would bleed Motul RBF through the calipers after each session or day depending on the conditions. Grand Am Dodge Vipers were known to be a heavy race car. They had brake fluid circulation and cooling systems on them to keep the fluid alive. When they applied the brakes check valves make the brakes function. Then when they let off an electric pump would circulate the fluid through a cooler.
The Brembo guys kind of laughed when I told them I wanted a system to race a 5k lb truck. They said eating pads and rotors will be a given at that weight. I love the avatar Terry LMAO!

Mark #2
08-05-2010, 06:17 PM
The Brembo guys kind of laughed when I told them I wanted a system to race a 5k lb truck. They said eating pads and rotors will be a given at that weight.
Yeah they struggle with the NASCAR at 3500, you were asking for 40% more.

L8 APEX
08-06-2010, 07:22 AM
Yeah they struggle with the NASCAR at 3500, you were asking for 40% more.
Add to the equation we are running fronts only... A solid steel disk on the rear has little to no cooling capacity.:hammer:

rickgig
08-06-2010, 10:27 PM
I've been runing them for about 3 years now with no trouble. Not sure if what I bought is still available or not but they were sloted and "dimpled" not drilled all the way. No cracks in mine at all and I am an agressive driver as I would expect from any of us.

I need to replace them since they can't be turned... at least that is what I have been told. At that price makes sence to go new anyways.