PDA

View Full Version : off road lights

Mark DeNeault
11-18-2010, 10:32 PM
Mark here,
I have a question. Has anybody changes out the fog lights on their L's to something really bright with a great distance? I am interested in doing this but would like to check out what has been done and what will work.
Thanks Mark.

In2deep
11-19-2010, 12:07 AM
Go with some 2500k yellow Nokya Bulbs, crazy bright..

Mark DeNeault
11-19-2010, 07:56 PM
I am not only looking for brightness, but want super long distance, and to get this, you need a reflector for the bulb that puts the beam into a long cone shape. I have changed out my headlight bulbs and they now are very bright, but the distance did not change much. A small long distance driving light is what I am looking for and of course something that will fit in fog light spots on the L. Thanks for the info.
Mark

Moonshine
11-19-2010, 08:00 PM
Pencil beam long distance driving lights are available, but I never found them in a small enough size to fit into the factory fog light opening. Good off road (long distance) lights are usually pretty large.

Mark DeNeault
11-22-2010, 08:49 PM
You are right about finding the right size. I think the fog light is about 5" in diameter. There are off road lights available, but not sure of pencil beam availability. I am going to check with Hella and some of the company's that make rally lights. I can get my mechanic to wire it up for me if I am able to find something. I would not do this if the headlights themselves gave enough distance.
Thanks for the input.
Mark.

dboat
11-22-2010, 09:19 PM
You are right about finding the right size. I think the fog light is about 5" in diameter. There are off road lights available, but not sure of pencil beam availability. I am going to check with Hella and some of the company's that make rally lights. I can get my mechanic to wire it up for me if I am able to find something. I would not do this if the headlights themselves gave enough distance.
Thanks for the input.
Mark.

I think I have the 9007? in the silverstars in mine.. they are pretty bright.. you might still be able to find the HID conversion kits too.

Dana

Ansrod
10-30-2012, 01:50 AM
Mark here,
I have a question. Has anybody changes out the fog lights on their L's to something really bright with clicking here (http://www.niceledlights.com/category/led-lights/led-light-bulbs/) a great distance? I am interested in doing this but would like to check out what has been done and what will work.
Thanks Mark.

I have recently used led lights they are working well for me