PDA

View Full Version : takeing out the a/c ?

Natetrun
02-23-2003, 05:43 PM
how hard would it be to take out the a/c? i don't want it.

terry??anyone??

03LightningRocks
02-23-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Natetrun
how hard would it be to take out the a/c? i don't want it.

terry??anyone??

WHHHAAAA, why don't you want your A/C? Is this your first summer in this area?

Are you talking about taking out the compressor and both coils?

Rocks:confused:

wesman
02-23-2003, 08:25 PM
I don't use my AC much at all either, except for when the SO is with me.....then the AC has to be there. Apparently she doesn;t like to sweat before going out to dinner :confused: :confused: :confused:

--wes

03LightningRocks
02-23-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by wesman
I don't use my AC much at all either, except for when the SO is with me.....then the AC has to be there. Apparently she doesn;t like to sweat before going out to dinner :confused: :confused: :confused:

--wes

Wes,

I have to ask you something. What does SO stand for? I have noticed on a few of your posts.

Rocks

wesman
02-23-2003, 08:46 PM
Significant Other= wife :)

Some of the local guys would probably have many other meanings...lol

--wes

03LightningRocks
02-23-2003, 08:51 PM
I'm glad you cleared that up. I was thinking it may be something awnry...LOL.

Welp, I guess I better get back to my plugs.:hammer:

Later,

Rocks

Natetrun
02-23-2003, 09:02 PM
I lived in the south all my life and worked on a farm. i know how hot it gets. I'm talking about taking out everything that has to do with the a/c that will still keep my truck running. i never use it. heard it save 60-70 pounds and think of what on tap your freeing up.

03LightningRocks
02-23-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Natetrun
I lived in the south all my life and worked on a farm. i know how hot it gets. I'm talking about taking out everything that has to do with the a/c that will still keep my truck running. i never use it. heard it save 60-70 pounds and think of what on tap your freeing up.

That is less than 1/10 of a second in the quarter mile. But anyway...

It wouldn't be that hard to do. Just take out the compressor and get a shorter surpentine belt. The condensor coil is after the radiator(engine..radiator..then condensor coil), it will unbolt and come out. You will probably have to break the fan clutch loose so this would be a good time for an electric fan:d . The evaporator coil may be a bigger problem. I think you have to remove the dash area to get to it.

Good Luck on it,

Rocks:nana2

Wht95Lightning
02-23-2003, 09:16 PM
If it's snowing outside, I STILL USE THE AC.
Just call me Mr. Freezehttp://webpages.charter.net/silverspurs21/SS/smiles/cool.gif

L8 APEX
02-23-2003, 09:23 PM
Yeah the A/C is what defrosts your foggy windows too. 60 lbs is a drop in the hat on a 4800lb truck. Enjoy the a/c and look elsewhere to go faster. Even the 10 second trucks have A/C:tu:

03LightningRocks
02-23-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
Yeah the A/C is what defrosts your foggy windows too. 60 lbs is a drop in the hat on a 4800lb truck. Enjoy the a/c and look elsewhere to go faster. Even the 10 second trucks have A/C:tu:

That defrost problem will get ya for sure. Those spring rains cause my windows to fog up like mad.

Rocks:nono:

Natetrun
02-23-2003, 10:20 PM
I refuse to have anything on my truck that i do not use. Thought about the fog and i can use an anti fogger. Back in the day thats what they used on personal air planes. Think it was rainx back then though. but they make some anti-foggers. I'm going to give them a shot to see how well they work.

cpeapea
02-24-2003, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by wesman
Significant Other= wife :)

Some of the local guys would probably have many other meanings...lol

--wes

i refere to mine as the FOL
F#cking Ol Lady...hehe j/k