PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say "hello"

WA 2 FST
07-17-2012, 11:58 AM
Hey guys... been way too long since I have posted here, or talked with any of you off-line.

If you recall (do a search to see the thread) my son purchased my '04 L a couple of years ago. I know it was a bit of a risk with a 16yr old and a Lightning (slightly modded at that... LTs, 4# pulley, Terry's tune, Roush suspension, shift kit), but he has done extremely well with it. No issues (tickets, or anything else). He is still paying me for it, so I believe the fact he's putting a lot of his own sweat-equity into owning it has been a good thing.

My daughter starts driving this next year, and she's the same way... responsible young lady, who has her head screwed on straight. My wife and I are very fortunate parents. Anyway, I found a pristine, low mile (32k miles) '00 L on e-bay a few months ago and bought it. Right now I have it stored away for her. It's stock. I plan to teach her to drive with the vehicle she will use once she obtains her license. That's another thing we did with my son... he drove his vehicle for a year under adult supervision and training before he turned 16. It seemed to really help from a confidence standpoint for him.

Not much is going on with me... still have the 660+rwhp Vette. Went to the dark side and found a mint 6k mile SRT-10 (reg cab) a couple of years ago. Did heads/intake on it, and it puts out 510+rwhp with the stock cam. Runs pretty well. Sold the Shelby and bought a CTS-V sedan. Upper/lower pulleys, headers w/ hi-flow cats, CAI, tune and a heat exhanger and it is putting out 570+rwhp through the autotragic trans and stock mufflers.

Anyway... just wanted to say hi and best wishes to all my old friends here on TALON!!

99WhiteBeast
07-17-2012, 12:52 PM
Hey Wes glad to see your still a gear head and rolling some nice rides.
Very cool of you put the kids in a L and keep them responsible at the same time teaching them to have respect for horsepower.

WA 2 FST
07-17-2012, 01:05 PM
I'm a big fan of teens in a single-cab truck... great visibility, some "iron" around them, and they can't pile a bunch of friends in with them (even after the 6 month period where the state requires no more than 1 under-age passenger allowed). The better braking and handling ability of the L is a plus. Insurance hasn't been too bad, either. We'll see... so far, so good.

Silver_2000
07-17-2012, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the update Wes - you have some cool cars
Do me a favor and update your email address in the system ...

dboat
07-17-2012, 06:31 PM
hey Wes, good to hear from you how you liking the CTSV?

WA 2 FST
07-18-2012, 09:24 AM
Doug, I took care of that.

Dana... the CTSV is an amazing vehicle. It is so nice, and meets my needs so well, I have considered selling my Vette. It is the complete package. With the power it makes now, I am sure it would ET as well as my Vette... it just wouldn't run as quickly on the top end of the track. But I am not an adept enough driver any longer to really "drive" a car any quicker/faster than it is. Extremely nice interior and creature comforts make it something I want to drive all the time.

dboat
07-18-2012, 11:03 AM
sweet. I have really been thinking about buying one and selling the L.. I know, heresay...

Dana

Moonshine
07-18-2012, 06:28 PM
Hey Wes,

Good to hear from you, and glad to hear the kids are doing well. Really cool that you found a L. for your daughter, too. And the CTS-V is sweet. Geez, we're gettin' to be a bunch of old men. :rolleyes:

Beaudee
07-18-2012, 09:49 PM
My bows to your son for takin care of the L.Any interest in the New Shelbys?

WA 2 FST
07-18-2012, 11:17 PM
My bows to your son for takin care of the L.Any interest in the New Shelbys?

Thanks for the props to my kid. He has taken good care of my/his truck. Everyone around town knows the vehicle, and with Terry's patented exhaust on it, I can hear him idling from 4 blocks away... so he can't hide from people. LOL. But it is nice to get a text message from a friend across town telling me how safe he is driving.

I just decided the Mustang wasn't doing it for me any longer. My '09 GT500 was a very nice car. I just wanted something a little more upscale... yes, I'm an old man now. ;) The '13 GT500 is ridiculous, but I don't race enough anymore to justify getting one.

Silver_2000
07-19-2012, 08:46 AM
CTS-V is a sweet car - everyone seems to rave about them ... NOt sure Im mentally "old enough" to see myself driving a Cadillac yet ... Just like I wasn't "young enough" to drive a Mustang ...
Stereotypes are a bitch .... ;-)
Sounds like you have raised some good kids. Hopefully they arent the only ones in that generation

toddwarren
07-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Wes good to hear from you! I just had alot of work done on my Harley this week. All new front end parts, front end bearings, 4 new shocks,
4 wheel align, new power steering pump, transmission service, fuel filter, detailed. The tune, injectors, kenne bell, pulley Terry installed at 78K has the truck still running great! Lances 2002 L is still stock as the day Ford made it, and I am sending it in soon. Lance signed with Lamar to pitch his last 2 years and I have to be sure the 110K L is in tip top condition for the 5 hour drive to Beaumont.
I hope your son baseball is going well! Stay in touch I need a ride in that Caddy

L8 APEX
07-23-2012, 09:18 PM
I like the coral you have there Wes. It is nice to see good thigng do happen to good folks! TALON was a once in a lifetime meeting for many of us. I think of or speak with someone I met from talon about every day...