PDA

View Full Version : Bankston Ford, in case anyone is interested...

devildog92
03-02-2003, 04:44 PM
...has three '03 L's, a new '02, and 7 '03 Cobra's in case anyone is looking for one. I almost lost my lunch at the amount of Cobras they had. They are sharp, shame they can't keep a rear-end in them. I still think its cool a KB, exhaust, and chip later and your @ 700 rwhp LOL. What a car. Swap an 02-03 GT rear and you're done

Lyfisin
03-03-2003, 02:24 PM
When I was trying to buy mine in August, they had 4 or 5. I was trying to buy under the Z plan and Ralph, one of their sales managers(?) indicated that they had purchased some of them from other dealerships.

Since they had to purchase them, I'm not sure they have quite as much room to give as good a deal on those trucks as places who had gotten them from the factory.

I'm sure Bankston also gets their own trucks and I'm sure this practice of purchasing from other dealers is not limited to just Bankston, but I thought I'd offer that up for those who might be interested in shopping there. Probably be kind of hard to get any kind of "deal" on them anyway.

I didn't end up buying mine there, but it was because none of the ones they had on the lot was white.

Lyfisin

Logan
03-03-2003, 02:38 PM
Bankston historically doesn't deal on their svt products, all the more power to 'em, I'll never buy a vehicle from them...

tliss
03-03-2003, 02:47 PM
I was talking to a sales guy at Bob Tomes the other day. They have 5-6 Cobras and 3-4 Lightnings over there. He had mentioned they would likely go x-plan on the Lightnings and might go x-plan on the Cobras. The grey ragtop they have there has been there for nearly 6 months:eek2: !

Tom

Crawford
03-03-2003, 03:21 PM
Bankston is the DEVIL!!!
:flaming:

Logan
03-03-2003, 03:37 PM
The EVIL Devil that consorts with flaming dancing bananas!!!

:flaming: :banana::throw:

devildog92
03-03-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by tliss
I was talking to a sales guy at Bob Tomes the other day. They have 5-6 Cobras and 3-4 Lightnings over there. He had mentioned they would likely go x-plan on the Lightnings and might go x-plan on the Cobras. The grey ragtop they have there has been there for nearly 6 months:eek2: !

Tom

Thats just silly. What a bang for the buck the L and C are, and noone is dishing out the cash. The market is just nuts right now with war speculation. Once we start bombing things will probably get better economically, at least that what happens historically. I like the Cobra alot, but with the current rear end I wouldn't get out of my L for nuthin.

(ducking from the vegetables and fruits thown at him)...

L8 APEX
03-03-2003, 04:59 PM
When they dealer trade or buy they loose the holdback money usually about 1500 bucks. At Ennis Friday they announced that Doug Stanley was this year's LTI Street Night sponsor. Anyway his son Tim Stanley had his Yellow 03 Cobra out there. He lined up against a Camaro (Ford vs. Chevy). The light went green and his IRS went boom. It was soon on a trailer back to the dealership:d They knew the IRS would bite them in the arse:nono:

Crawford
03-03-2003, 07:50 PM
Did I mention that Bankston is the DEVIL???
:flaming:

Logan
03-03-2003, 09:56 PM
You forgot the Evil part. :flaming: :flaming: :flaming:

Crawford
03-04-2003, 12:01 AM
With all of these SVTs sitting around on lots and with Ford's special incentive programs ending tomorrow. I wonder if the new version of the incentives will include SVT vehicles for the 03 year model...

This would be interesting:
Lightning or Cobra for you Mustang types on X plan, 4.49% financing from Credit Union of Texas, $2500 cash back from Ford, and a decent trade in allowance.

Probably NOT!!!!!!

p.s. Bankston is the devil. :flaming:

L8 APEX
03-04-2003, 12:22 AM
I think anytime you buy a new car you are taking it in the boys:vomit: Nothing like new car depriciation.

MadMax
03-04-2003, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Crawford
With all of these SVTs sitting around on lots and with Ford's special incentive programs ending tomorrow. I wonder if the new version of the incentives will include SVT vehicles for the 03 year model...

This would be interesting:
Lightning or Cobra for you Mustang types on X plan, 4.49% financing from Credit Union of Texas, $2500 cash back from Ford, and a decent trade in allowance.

Probably NOT!!!!!!

p.s. Bankston is the devil. :flaming:

"Colletti and crue have to be shakin' in their boots" At this rate.......kiss SVT bye..bye..... :confused: I hope I am wrong....but all the indicators are in....Thunderbirds are stacked knee deep too....

Logan
03-04-2003, 08:42 AM
Max,

SVT isn't going anywhere, it's a image piece for ford. Hell, SVT's full year production is equivilant to 3 days of F series product. In Colletti's words, "SVT isn't about making money... We'd get lost as a rounding error at Ford if it were".

dboat
03-04-2003, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by MadMax
"Colletti and crue have to be shakin' in their boots" At this rate.......kiss SVT bye..bye..... :confused: I hope I am wrong....but all the indicators are in....Thunderbirds are stacked knee deep too....

Too bad there isnt a SVT T-bird.. Did anyone watch the show Rides on TLC? Chip Foose took a Tbird from Ford and transformed it in 6 weeks to win Best of Show at SEMA..thats my kind of Tbird.. would have to buy one for the wife, or she would disown me.. he he
Dana

MadMax
03-04-2003, 03:10 PM
:D

Shazbot
03-04-2003, 09:16 PM
Crawford,

I don't think your true feelings about Bankston are coming through. You need to release your anger....only through your hatred can you destroy....... oh wait. What were we talking about? :tongue:

Crawford
03-05-2003, 12:59 AM
BANKSTON AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!
:hammer: :hammer:
:flaming: :flaming:
:vomit: :vomit:

99WhiteBeast
03-06-2003, 09:20 AM
Dana,
I saw that show on TLC. That T-bird was sweet but I really liked the custom rod he built for Chris Titus.

Foose is the shizzel for custom wheels (http://www.foosedesignwheels.com/new.php) :tu:

dboat
03-06-2003, 09:31 AM
that that rod he built for Titus was great.. but for my wife, she wanted that Tbird.. so if I could get a Tbird kind of like that (dont think she would go for the whole speedster concept but the rest of it was ok) and it would be a SVT setup with better handling and more power.. (can we say Cobra setup) then that would be the best of all worlds.. something I could easily live with..