PDA

View Full Version : This is serious stuff

dboat
03-12-2003, 10:51 AM
I have had my L for a year.. my build # is 42 of the 2002's. I have put this off for a while but on the top of my cab, I have a few very small bumps in a couple of places.. I decided to take it in to the dealer to have them look at it and see if it is rusting under the paint or if there was just some trash in the paint. Well, there is just some trash in the paint and it is not anything you can just buff out. Their suggestion is to leave it alone since its the factory paint and its on top of the cab so no one will see it. They did offer to fix it but thought that I would be better off leaving it. I have to admit you have to really look for it to find it. I only see it when I wax or QD the truck.
So my question to you is.... what would you do?
1) leave it alone
2) take it back to the dealer and have them sand it down and repaint
3) other solution I havent mentioned.. if so, what is your solution?

Thanks
Dana:confused:

Sixpipes
03-12-2003, 11:16 AM
I've had issues with the top of my cab as well. It doesn't take wax worth a dern, but the dealership is right. If you can't see it, it's easy to ignore. Kind of like skidmarks in your underwear. :cool:

TXBLU
03-12-2003, 01:47 PM
My '02 had a few problems with the paint also. I took it back to the dealer (Westway) and they resprayed the bad spots with absolutely no hassle at all. I did have to take it back to get the tail gate redone (the Toff liner was sprayed over the access panel and screws), the seat was adjusted to a ridiculous position, all the gas was run out of it, and the radio presets were all changed to 'Latin" stations. Other than a bit of unprofessional behavior by some of the worker bees (I would have fired them from my shop), the paint looks great. I say have the dealer fix the paint, but tell them you expect the vehicle to be treated with respect. It helps when they jack with it later to have already told them to be cool with it!:tu:

Mark #2
03-12-2003, 02:28 PM
Leave it alone. Resprays fade at a different rate in Tx sun. It may match perfect when you get it done but eventually you will see a difference.

IMHO
MarK

Red2002
03-12-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Mark #2
Leave it alone. Resprays fade at a different rate in Tx sun. It may match perfect when you get it done but eventually you will see a difference.

IMHO
MarK

Agreed.

99WhiteBeast
03-12-2003, 04:16 PM
I say leave it alone- no one will know except everyone that reads this thread:d

Red2002
03-12-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by 99WhiteBeast
I say leave it alone- no one will know except everyone that reads this thread:d

Yup. At the next meet we should gather around and look at the atrocity that is Dana's roof. I bet it's horrendous.

:)

Time to upload my new gifs. Gif god returns.

03LightningRocks
03-12-2003, 07:00 PM
I'd go for a complete repaint of the whole darned truck. Of course they would start out saying no. Then I would work my way up the food chain, stressing myself out and raising my blood pressure. Then I would tie my daughters Chihaha to the ceiling fan and blow it off.

Rocks:hammer:

MadMax
03-12-2003, 07:06 PM
For minor paint repair call Scratch-B-Gone, these guys use the AltraColor system. They contract for many dealers. You most likely would have to meet them at a scheduled stop as they are high volume.

Chris Martin/Steve Martin 214-415-5711/214-415-9094

They blend in problem areas without major expense.

The best paintless dent repair is on Addison Road....North of Belt Line behind the car wash...next to Joe's Muffler. Will have to look up the name/number. Been going there for 10 years now....

microsuck
03-15-2003, 12:26 PM
if it starts to get bubbles, fix it asap. my other truck got that and once those bubbles pop.... the paint starts flaking off. try to get the warranty to cover it.
Andrew