PDA

View Full Version : Selling the Lightning... HD Crash .[ Split ]

Autothrottle
03-17-2003, 11:12 PM
Saturn!!!! Look what this Saturn did to my HD!!!!
This dumba$$ decided to pull right out right in front of me. As I swerved to miss him, he decides to hit the throttle instead of the BRAKES!!!! And slams right in to us. Luckily Nicole, Shanna and I were not hurt.
Here are some pics.

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/albumview.cfm?num=2317

Silver_2000
03-17-2003, 11:28 PM
Sorry to hear that Mark.

Glad you are all ok...

I was just venting earlier... Couldnt even get anyone to bite...
http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2109

L8 APEX
03-17-2003, 11:29 PM
Damn Mark that sucks:flaming: Why did the airbags come out on a T bone imapact? Call Jim Adler the Texas Hammer college fund:banana: With wife and baby in the car you are set:tu: Those airbags suck, the dust chokes you to death. Nicole sets behind the passenger too! Get whitnesses and reports. Those side impacts always hurt more the second and third days.

Autothrottle
03-17-2003, 11:57 PM
They're saying its going to be 50+ days and $9,000+ for repairs.

No ones been able to give me a straight answer to, why the air bags went off. It was a pretty hard hit though.

L8 APEX
03-18-2003, 01:15 AM
I have been dicked around by the "other guy's" insurance company before when they were at fault by police report. I had to file under my insurance and once my company got a 15K dollar repair bill they subrogated with his company and got their money back quickfast. So it may take getting your company involved to get faster action. That B pillar and lower cab rail is the b*tch. Definately drive it out for air leaks. You know our #'s if you need anything:tu:

Crawford
03-18-2003, 01:18 AM
Mark,
That sucks man. Glad to hear everyone is okay! ;)

dboat
03-18-2003, 07:21 AM
just glad to hear that you and your family is ok... just go trade it in on a new one...

Flats Man
03-18-2003, 09:05 AM
Mark, glad everyone is OK and very sorry about your beautiful Harley. It looks like it was a good thing you were in a big vehicle with your family!

98Cobra
03-18-2003, 09:59 AM
Glad to hear you and yours are OK, Mark. Did the other person even have insurance?

MadMax
03-18-2003, 02:31 PM
there is a sweet Cobra up at Texan....some type of burgundy with a black cloth top....trade it! LOL

:D

or you could be conservative :rolleyes: and get a SVT Focus....it will do 145....but takes a few days to get there :hammer:

L's rock....'04/05 come on back.....

ooops.....glad to see NO ONE got hurt!

Logan
03-18-2003, 04:22 PM
Sounds like you're going through supercharger withdrawl Madmax...:eek2:

Autothrottle
03-18-2003, 05:27 PM
The other guy was driving his girl friends - Dads car ( Farmers ins. ). Yes the car had insurance. Farmers ins. is taking care of all the repairs and rental car. After they get a total they will go after the drivers ins.

Don Davis just called and the new total is $9063.21 and the est. time is 7 weeks.

As some of you know I have been trying to sell the truck anyways, since the wife was laid-off in Nov. This is just going to make it all the more difficult to sell.

I'm planning on getting another Lightning ( used ) but not for a while. Hopefully with in the next year or so.

Doug,
Is this the second head they have replaced on this block for leakage?

TxBolt
03-18-2003, 08:53 PM
Sorry to hear that. It good to see your ok!

min150mph
03-19-2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Autothrottle
The other guy was driving his girl friends - Dads car ( Farmers ins. ). Yes the car had insurance. Farmers ins. is taking care of all the repairs and rental car. After they get a total they will go after the drivers ins.

Don Davis just called and the new total is $9063.21 and the est. time is 7 weeks.

As some of you know I have been trying to sell the truck anyways, since the wife was laid-off in Nov. This is just going to make it all the more difficult to sell.

I'm planning on getting another Lightning ( used ) but not for a while. Hopefully with in the next year or so.

Doug,
Is this the second head they have replaced on this block for leakage?

You need to file for loss of value with the insurance company that way you can recoupe some of the money you will loose from selling it after it had an accident. I did on my lightning and got a nice check, no plans on selling the lightning though.

L8 APEX
03-19-2003, 10:24 AM
Sounds like a plan. I know Dan is in the insurance business. He may have some tips. OUCH my liver, my neck and my back.:twitch:

Wht95Lightning
03-19-2003, 10:39 AM
Ahh My Liver! My Liver! (http://webpages.charter.net/silverspurs21/SS/wavs/myliver.wav)

01WhiteFlash
03-20-2003, 08:21 AM
You need to file for loss of value with the insurance company that way you can recoupe some of the money you will loose from selling it after it had an accident. I did on my lightning and got a nice check, no plans on selling the lightning though.

I am having major damage ($9374.00) repaired on my truck -- not my Lightning -- thank God -- but my Lariat. I received a letter from my insurance company stating that if I feel the value of my truck is diminished after the repairs I should document the depreciation in value and make a claim for that amount. My question is "How do I go about documenting the depreciation in value?"

min150mph
03-20-2003, 08:29 AM
Take it to a few dealers and ask them how much less they would give you if you traded it in if it had been in an accident. Or just get trade-in values for it as is and show the book value to the insurance company. Should give you the difference. I didn't have to document anything to get mine other than the milage at the time of the accident.

MadMax
03-21-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Wht95Lightning
Ahh My Liver! My Liver! (http://webpages.charter.net/silverspurs21/SS/wavs/myliver.wav)

LOL

:D