PDA

View Full Version : Truck in Shop

SILVER2000SVT
05-05-2003, 12:58 PM
I decided to take my Lightning to Texan Ford today. I'm sure some of you remember me talking about my boost not being like it was new after I had the intercooler recall done and ford telling me it was still within spec. That caused me to go from an 8.8 sec 1/8th mile to a 9.4 sec. That was when I just said to heck with them and put on a 4 lbs pulley, chip, and cold air kit. That got me back down to 8.6 sec.

The power kept suffering more and more with each passing week. I noticed last week that my boost with the 4lbs pulley peaks out at only 9.5 psi according to my gauge and I can barely get a second gear scratch.

I spent 3 hours yesterday putting my truck back to stock(2.5 hours was getting the lower blower pulley off), what a pain! So now the boost only peaks out from 5 to maybe 6psi, and it can barely spin the tires from a stop. They better find something wrong with it this time!

They have to fix a few other things too, like my overdrive switch falling off, the powder coat flaking off one of the wheels, something loose on the suspension, and a cracked fog light but I doubt I can get that fixed under warranty. They said they have to take a picture and let SVT look at it, it's not their call.

The only thing I left not stock is the boost bypass and the tranny line module valve, I hope they don't give me any problems with those things.

Any Thoughts?

Jason

dboat
05-05-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by SILVER2000SVT

They have to fix a few other things too, like my overdrive switch falling off, the powder coat flaking off one of the wheels, something loose on the suspension, and a cracked fog light but I doubt I can get that fixed under warranty. They said they have to take a picture and let SVT look at it, it's not their call.

The only thing I left not stock is the boost bypass and the tranny line module valve, I hope they don't give me any problems with those things.

Any Thoughts?

Jason

Jason, just had my foglights fixed under warranty at Prestige Ford, no questions asked.. I have a line mod valve and since I didnt have a tranny problem, then they didnt look to check for it.
Good Luck..
Dana

SILVER2000SVT
05-05-2003, 02:01 PM
Thanks, I'm sure that I will have to make a seperate trip up there to get the fog lights taken care of. These guys at Texan Ford don't act like they want to help me very much.

Jason

99WhiteBeast
05-05-2003, 05:04 PM
The 99's and 00's were only rated at 8PSI stock but with the heavy air and heat we've had lately my truck produces less boost as well.

Are you going by the factory boost gauge or an aftermarket gauge?

1BADTK
05-05-2003, 05:15 PM
I hope you don't mean Texan Ford In Houston/Katy Texas...........:eek2:

SILVER2000SVT
05-05-2003, 05:45 PM
It's the Texan ford in Arlington.
I have an update and it's not looking promising. They ordered a new dash cluster and are telling me that its producing enough boost it's just the gauge that's off. So fine, the gauge is off, but why is the truck so slow? It's seems to be running much worse now. It's been a while, the best it has ever ran since ford did the intercooler recall, but right before I added my pulley and chip my truck would only run a 14.2 sec 1/4 mile. Also, with my mods (chip, 4lbs pulley, 90mm MA and filter) does a 104 trap speed sound right?

Jason

StormShadow
05-05-2003, 10:58 PM
you might try westway ford they were really good with mine

Autothrottle
05-06-2003, 06:29 AM
With your mods you should be running a 104-107 mph. Weather has a lot of impact on the track times.
You should buy an aftermarket gauge so you can get a better reading.
Give Terry a call he can hook you up with one.

SILVER2000SVT
05-08-2003, 01:16 PM
I got my truck back. After waiting 2 days for them to get a new dash cluster in they call me yesterday and said they need both keys to program it in. So, I go ahead and turn my rental in and bring them the 2nd key, and wait on it since all they have to do is program the odometer. After 3 hours they get done only to have the boost gauge max out at 6psi like the old one. I told him that still doesn't explain why my track times went from 8.8's to 9.2's for the 1/8th mile. He went on to tell me that the 99 and 00 are only supposed to have 6psi of boost compared to the 01 and up of 8psi. Something about the pulley setup. I told him that I knew the Harley's only had 6psi but all years of the Lightning had the same pulleys and that the only difference I can think of between the 00 &01's that should affect boost pressure is the intake manifold and intercooler, but I have had the intercooler replaced with the recall.

Here's the kicker too! He told me that "we notice that this truck has had the odometer disconnected, and to be careful about doing that. We won't say anything this time". I'm like W.T.F., I've never disconnected the odometer. I unplugged my computer to make sure it didn't remember me having a chip in there but thats it. I even told him that I had to disconnect the computer to get to some of the wires going into the passenger door when I did my alarm, but he said that wouldn't have done it.

One the plus side though, they did replace my fog light, but gave me this spill that ford won't cover it and our dealer will end up having to eat the cost. I'm doing a big favor for you! Also what ever they tightening up in the suspension worked because my truck doesn't rattle going over a bump now.

You know the saddest part of all this is that this is by far the best experience I have ever had at any service department for any of my vehicles and they didn't even fix what I wanted them to fix!

George G.
05-08-2003, 02:37 PM
I feel for ya man.

I don't have a Gen2, not sure I'll be getting one either. But if I did, it would have to be a used one. 1. to save some money but more importantly so I could afford to fix all the problems that Ford won't fix because SVT flagged it or something. I'm always reading the horror stories about owners and Ford/SVT. It sucks what people pay for these trucks and this is the treatment they get.:nono:

dboat
05-08-2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by George G.
I feel for ya man.

I don't have a Gen2, not sure I'll be getting one either. But if I did, it would have to be a used one. 1. to save some money but more importantly so I could afford to fix all the problems that Ford won't fix because SVT flagged it or something. I'm always reading the horror stories about owners and Ford/SVT. It sucks what people pay for these trucks and this is the treatment they get.:nono:

Remember, you only hear the bad stuff.. you dont have guys posting everytime they get it fixed without a problem... also, look at what we are driving and driving hard a lot of the time and dont have a problem... not being a Ford booster, just think about all the times that it goes right... I think overall we have a pretty darned good deal..

SILVER2000SVT
05-08-2003, 05:15 PM
Like I said

Originally posted by SILVER2000SVT
the saddest part of all this is that this is by far the best experience I have ever had at any service department

because they actually did fix one or two little things.