PDA

View Full Version : Monday night in plano

diablolightning
05-05-2003, 04:48 PM
We meet at circuit cityy in planon at 75 and parkerrd. by me I mean some friends and alot of other cars. Just wondering if anyone wanted to come out . nothing official just come by we need more lightnings. Lilnikky88 and I are the only lightnings. we would like to see some more. there are some pretty uik vets that pretty much rule the night but I know there is some one here that could probably regulate on them. I am leaving for work but Ill be there @10:45. Anyone is welcome. Too bad my truck isn't gonna be there:(

microsuck
05-05-2003, 11:39 PM
Yeah, I went by there. For no other reason than I wanted to get out of the house and it is 5 min away. I stayed for a whole 30sec. There was a crap load of people (or I should say childern) there. I dont think I saw anyone over 18. Mostly high school kids. a few impressive cars. A few dozen cammin f-bodies, a viper, and a bunch of bikes. I would have rather brought my bike. I saw another black L just like mine, but that was the only one. On a more exciting note, I did have a fun stoplight drag race with an yellow all-wheel drive, turbo Talon on the way over. won by a car legenth or two, but still a very impressive run from what apeared to be a heavily modified talon. I will credit him with having the loudest turbo I have ever heard. I suppose it would have been more fun if I had known someone there.
Andrew

cpeapea
05-06-2003, 12:26 AM
maybe it was that cork and string blow-off simulator you invented andrew:banana:

microsuck
05-06-2003, 12:32 AM
holy crap!!!:roll LMAO. I forgot to tell these guys about that. Okay, a few night ago I had a dream that got rich by inventing a fake turbo blow-off valve for rice-boys to use. It was only a fraction of the cost of a turbo and made your car sound like it had a real turbo in it!:banana: Anyways it was just a cork in a pressure tube with a string tied to it. The rice boys would just pull the string and..... pphheeeeeeeewwwwww, fake turbo blow-off. All the rice-boys just had to have this new "mod" in their parents car and I got rich off their foolishness. Yeah, it was just a dream.... but I think there may be a market for it!:D
Andrew

diablolightning
05-06-2003, 12:33 AM
yea i saw you up there but you didn't stay long. derek (lilnikky88)has the black one. There was a white one there too. maybe next week we can meet and maybe talk.when I saw you I was getting back from G.B. a couple of f bodies ran it was pretty badass many cars went and alot of them raced. There are some high schoolers but there are some older ones too. you may have more fun next week.:beer:

microsuck
05-06-2003, 12:35 AM
I'll be there. Hunt me down next time.:d
Andrew

diablolightning
05-06-2003, 01:02 AM
Cool I usaly get there @10:45 Derek gets there earlier I believe. Damn those were some pretty tight races tonight.
we needed more lightnings but cool see you there.:burnout:

Silver_2000
05-06-2003, 07:13 AM
Wow - Must be really scary if Andrew thinks the crowd is young :roll

microsuck
05-06-2003, 07:45 AM
Yeah, I know, what the dookie, I am supposed to be the baby......
I was the old man this time. (granted, I wasnt much older;) , the abundance of 14-year olds kind of freaked me out)
Andrew

Lil Nicky88
05-07-2003, 07:51 PM
youngin's? huh?

My car club throws that meet on. All of the rice burners that stick to one side of the parking lot are the H.S. kids, and they get chased out by the cops because of curfew. In fact, I don't think I know anybody out there that is in high school... In fact, Diablolightning and I are both 23, and we happen to be some of the younger people there...

There were 2 vipers there, one red, and the other a mystic rt10 that belongs to the Zaino guy (he peddles his wares up there sometimes :tu: ). All of the vettes and Fbods belong to guys that are in their mid 20's to early 30's. I saw your truck cruise through and straight out the other side of the parking lot.

There is several 10 second street cars out there regularly, and an assortment of odds and ends, whether they be show cars, or go cars.

And this isn't a street race. It's a car hangout, and several guys just happen to continuously come in and out of the parking lot constantly in packs, or two's... :D

diablolightning
05-07-2003, 08:39 PM
I know I look youg but I'm almost 40. I don't go often but my son does. thats who he is talking about. we just use the same username. he's not quite 23 but going to be 19. he needs to get his own username. he started the thread.:hammer: i've been there a few times but it goes kinda late for me. old i guess. as you notice he's driving a purple truck not a silver L.:D

diablolightning
05-07-2003, 08:44 PM
damn I guess he didn't put he was driving an old purple truck. well he drives the L alot but he didn't drive it on monday. I mostly just pay for it.:D

my2002lightning
05-13-2003, 06:03 PM
Huh! I guess I'll have to check out the Circuit City action on Monday nights now.

I'll be there in a '02 Red hooptie ! :d

Ronald

Lil Nicky88
05-15-2003, 04:56 PM
bad karma (scott) came out last monday. he hung out for a while. there wasn't much racing happening, but there was a ton of extremely fast fbodies screaming to get drug by trucks... :tu:

Natetrun
05-15-2003, 05:51 PM
me and some friends were bored and went out there after work last night . didn't get there till about 12:30 though. (5-15-03). Heh, no one was there. alot of ricers and a kid that just got an Evo.

my2002lightning
05-15-2003, 06:41 PM
I say we meet up before hand, say 6pm - 7pmish (maybe dinner at a Hooter's) and ALL roll in there together.

That'd be a sight! :nana2

Ronald

MrsMy2002Lightning
05-15-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by microsuck
holy crap!!!:roll LMAO. I forgot to tell these guys about that. Okay, a few night ago I had a dream that got rich by inventing a fake turbo blow-off valve for rice-boys to use. It was only a fraction of the cost of a turbo and made your car sound like it had a real turbo in it!:banana: Anyways it was just a cork in a pressure tube with a string tied to it. The rice boys would just pull the string and..... pphheeeeeeeewwwwww, fake turbo blow-off. All the rice-boys just had to have this new "mod" in their parents car and I got rich off their foolishness. Yeah, it was just a dream.... but I think there may be a market for it!:D
Andrew

Just don't forget us little people when you make it rich off of the ricers ok. :)

Natetrun
05-15-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by my2002lightning
I say we meet up before hand, say 6pm - 7pmish (maybe dinner at a Hooter's) and ALL roll in there together.

That'd be a sight! :nana2

Ronald

LETS DO THAT!!! I'm off on mondays!!! we need to teach those ls1.com forum guys some respect for the L :throw:

MrsMy2002Lightning
05-15-2003, 06:55 PM
Think we could meet at around 8:15 instead of 6-7?

It's the last American Idol Monday night from 7-8 and I've watched it all season.

GO CLAY !!! :banana: GO CLAY !!! :banana:

Make sure you vote! 1-866-IDOLS-whichever number he is.

Ok, I know that's not as important as the Lightning stuff but still. hehe!

Natetrun
05-15-2003, 07:00 PM
guess yall are talking about on a Thursday? I work on thursday night.

my2002lightning
05-15-2003, 07:13 PM
nate,

Thursday?!? No, we're talking about Monday nights.

Have you been running the L in garage again ? Gotta keep that garage-door up ! :hammer: :d :nana2

J/K!

Ronald

Natetrun
05-15-2003, 09:33 PM
GREAT!! HELL YEAH!! monday ...how bout it? lets go:burnout:

Hrmmm...did i tell you that i closed the garage door on my truck along time ago? "running it in my garage" ...?? hrmmm?

Lil Nicky88
05-15-2003, 10:50 PM
Don't get me wrong now. Some of those LS1.com guys are extremely fast. Extremely fast. Jay Johnson (fastest 347 in the country right now) is a regular, and so is Chris "freakz". Jay runs mid 9's, and the freakz is mid to low 10's. But most everybody else is 12's to 11's...

diablolightning
05-15-2003, 11:07 PM
either way we need to have some action going on. We need to regulate on some Fbodies. They just think their all badass. well some are cool and pretty fast. Yea eat at hooters:banana: then :nana2 :burnout: :throw: just an idea.

microsuck
05-16-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Lil Nicky88
But most everybody else is 12's to 11's...
thats pretty dang fast for a fbody. gav, isnt christina still high 13s in her SS? my best in my truck is 12.8 and I ususlly beat every f-body I go up against. And thats serious track racing cars, not the high school street boys. any fbody thats in the 11s is running slicks and has either forced induction or nitrous. a TT ss on et streets that I ran only did a 11.99. I have alot of respect for fbodys in the 12 and 11 range. I think that is a pretty small percentage though.
Andrew:d

redlight02
05-16-2003, 02:48 PM
Which Hooters? May be in town so if I am I will meet up with you guys.:tu:

my2002lightning
05-16-2003, 05:17 PM
Well, there's a Hooter's over there close to that Home Depot (and Circuit City) off of 75 in Plano.

I say we round up as many TALON L drivers and REPRESENT ! yeehaw!

Ronald

"Respect the L, beeyatch!" :evil

Lil Nicky88
05-16-2003, 07:13 PM
oh, I know that's fast. But my truck is normally the only L up there, and since I am still stock from popping a plug, I kinda don't really do much but talk crap and walk away quickly... :tu:

Yeah, there is a hooters at Plano Pkwy and 75. it's between Olive Garden and El Fenix, just down 75 from home depot.

the Circuit City meet normally starts at 9, but alot of cars don't start rolling in until 9:30 or 10.

T Hogg
05-16-2003, 09:59 PM
Sounds like fun. I'll try to meet you guys at Hooters. So do they just hang out all night and talk $hit or do they have a little action going on later that night? I think I'll just bring my slicks so if things do get out of control I'll be ready.:D

Now, I wont be street racing, just cruising around on the slicks b/c it looks good.;)

diablolightning
05-16-2003, 10:09 PM
Vote for hooters @ 75 by H.D. What kinda times are you guys runnin:burnout: at the ????track??? not street racing:roll but seriously.if you don't feel comfortable revealing your secret it's OK.:nana2

T Hogg
05-16-2003, 11:24 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but I just recharged my K&N filter and I'm ready to kick some LS1 A$$.:d

Natetrun
05-16-2003, 11:50 PM
LETS GO!! :) doesn't matter if we are the fastest thing out there. just that we are there and we are ...ermm...pretty fast?

Silver_2000
05-17-2003, 12:02 AM
Guys

I really dont want this to become street racing central. It will draw the wrong kind of attention to the site...

Doug

Natetrun
05-17-2003, 12:06 AM
I wasn't going there to street race. i wanted to check out the cars and plus just have a lightning out there. i heard people bring tons of cars. i think about 100 - 150.

my2002lightning
05-17-2003, 09:27 PM
We plan on showing up for Hooters/CC 'fest, so when does everyone want to meet at Hooters? 7:30-8ish?

Looking fwd. to it!

Ronald

PS: I gotta' lose these OH plates and get TX plates!

I'm already getting followed-around in the smaller TX towns between here and OK by the local gendarme.

MrsMy2002Lightning
05-19-2003, 10:38 PM
Yep, all kids. Didn't see one single adult in the entire parking lot.

HAHA!

:rolleyes:

diablolightning
05-20-2003, 12:34 AM
well all you guys that were for going to Hooters what happend?:confused: I went to hooters @ 7:30 waited till @ 8:15 then just said forget it and went inside. Me and my friend were the only ones there. Went to circuit city and Scott showed up. We heard a red one came in and out but didn't stay. There wasn't a whole lot of action but we had some fun on GB. 2 f bodies went:burnout: so we foollowed. I rode with him and we got into some of the action. ;) not alot but it was alright. So what happened:confused: to Hoo Hoos:beer: :beer:

microsuck
05-20-2003, 12:50 AM
O man, we couldnet. Me, Gav, and Derek were all in a big truck mod-fest and I just got home. I now have a 6#er and littlenicky now has a 4#. I vote for making a showing next week, in full force.
Andrew

my2002lightning
05-20-2003, 07:21 AM
diablo,

I guess we just missed you at Hooter's! We got there around 8:30-ish.

I think we were the red L that made a drive-through and left. We didn't see any Ls, so we took off.

I'm w/microsuck, let's shoot for next week! :burnout:

Ronald

MrsMy2002Lightning
05-20-2003, 08:33 AM
Why don't you guys start a "Man Truck Show off place" instead of joining the kids street racing thing?

It wouldn't be that hard ... That'd be kinda cool to have a big group of L's driving around town. So maybe a drive - through then dinner at Hoo Hoo's as you called it. :roll

Who wants to hang out with kids? :vomit:

:nana2

cpeapea
05-20-2003, 09:39 AM
Well let see here, next monday me, andrew, derek, Terry Hogg (hopefully), nate, ronald, and others all need to go up there and show for the ford community. and as ls1 ass waxers.

on a side note, my friend just bought a 454 block to put in his t/a :eek2:

Lil Nicky88
05-20-2003, 11:44 AM
it's not a street race meet. it was originally started as a car gathering. some people just go off to run instead of hanging out.

Also, it depends on which end of the parking lot you come in, if all you see is kids... :D

and yes, I will definitely be there next monday. yesterday was the first monday I have missed (other than bad weather) in 1 year.

L8 APEX
05-20-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by MrsMy2002Lightning
Why don't you guys start a "Man Truck Show off place" instead of joining the kids street racing thing?

It wouldn't be that hard ... That'd be kinda cool to have a big group of L's driving around town. So maybe a drive - through then dinner at Hoo Hoo's as you called it. :roll

Who wants to hang out with kids? :vomit:

:nana2
Becuase I don't know any working adults that cruise their stuff on Monday nights. Especially driving all the way over there that late. Working adults play on the weekends:beer: Beware the children of the rice:eek2:

diablolightning
05-20-2003, 02:26 PM
Well what is every one in for on next monday Hoo Hoos and Circuit Or just Circuit.? every one that thinks they're comming say "I" If we are doing hoo Hoos what time can everyone meet? :confused: :beer:

my2002lightning
05-20-2003, 06:21 PM
Well, I checked with "Momma" and I can be over there by 6-ish or so.

So, I guess I could be holding-down-the-fort at "Hoe-Hoes" with a coupla' barley-pops waiting for all you school-girls to show! :beer:

I say we get to Hooter's a tad early, snag/reserve a row of parking slots and fill 'em up w/Ls ! I'm going to have Laney call mgt at "Hoe-Hoes" and see if they can swing it. I'm bringing the dig. camera in case.

Dr. Bigg-Dogg / 98Cobra,

Come on out! and bring wimmenz! :d

Ronald

MrsMy2002Lightning
05-20-2003, 06:28 PM
Sounds like trouble in the making.

I'm up for trouble ... It's mah middle name.

MsLightning-trouble-ette.

Teehee!

:banana: :nana2 :banana:

microsuck
05-20-2003, 08:32 PM
I'll be up in that ho fo sho
Andrew

Badcarma
05-21-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
Becuase I don't know any working adults that cruise their stuff on Monday nights. Especially driving all the way over there that late. Working adults play on the weekends:beer: Beware the children of the rice:eek2:

Some of us working adults can STILL make are own schedules:D
I'll be on the adult side with the vipers and vettes again:tu:

Scott....

my2002lightning
05-21-2003, 01:02 AM
BadCarma,

I hear ya'! I'm 33 here and feel like a minority.

They say it's not the years, it's the miles.

Ronald...

Shiner1
05-21-2003, 06:47 AM
I think I can swing that. Monday is Memorial Day, Hoot's gonnna be open? Where is hoot's?

MrsMy2002Lightning
05-21-2003, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by Dr Bigg Dogg
I think I can swing that. Monday is Memorial Day, Hoot's gonnna be open? Where is hoot's?

Hey there John! It's on 75 around 15th or Park ... There's an Olive Garden right next to it.

See you there. Is your wife coming ?

L8 APEX
05-21-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Badcarma
Some of us working adults can STILL make are own schedules:D
I'll be on the adult side with the vipers and vettes again:tu:

Scott....
You work the most unusual schedules I know:eek2:

Shiner1
05-21-2003, 12:36 PM
I missed the time for this shindig!! I don't get to Plano much, is 75/Parker North or South of GB.

MrsMy2002Lightning
05-21-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Dr Bigg Dogg
I missed the time for this shindig!! I don't get to Plano much, is 75/Parker North or South of GB.

Uh huh ! hehe ... I just moved here ! We'll have to wait 'till one of the guys tells you how to get there for sure.

:)

I'm off to an interview. Wish me luck !!

diablolightning
05-21-2003, 02:45 PM
well sounds more organized i'm in:banana:

Natetrun
05-21-2003, 05:32 PM
I don't have an overheating problem anymore... so i might be out there.

dboat
05-21-2003, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by MrsMy2002Lightning
:)

I'm off to an interview. Wish me luck !!

LUCK!!!!:D

MrsMy2002Lightning
05-21-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by dboat
LUCK!!!!:D

Well, heheh ... Thanks for the luck, but I think I completely bombed the interview. LOL

Who knows, MAYBE they'll still call.

NEXT job please !

diablolightning
05-21-2003, 09:41 PM
Ok guys comming from d town north bound on 75 exit plano pkwy. it is right next to the Olive Garden. Comming from Mckinney exit also plano pkwy but bust a U at the light. you should be able to spot the HOO HOOs:eek2:

Lil Nicky88
05-21-2003, 11:03 PM
fyi, if you want to skip the hooters part, car start rolling into CC about 9-9:30, and they keep coming in until around 11. So if you get there and there aren't many cars in the lot yet, just wait and hangout for a minute...

my2002lightning
05-24-2003, 11:09 AM
Dr Bigg Dogg,

Laney and I are going so, why don't you just follow us over there.

What time is good for you? PM me your cell # if you want.

Ronald

PS: We went over to Sneaky Pete's on Lake Lewisville for the KEGL 97.1 lake-thing Friday after work.

There was enough silicone there to sink a battle-ship! :eek2:

my2002lightning
05-26-2003, 12:12 PM
Alright Ladies! :d

Who do we have showing up this evening? What time is good for everyone for Hooter's and then Circuit City?

BTW, here are the directions to the Hooter's in question. http://hooters.know-where.com/hooters/cgi/site?site=175&address=

Lata playas! :beer:

Ronald

tliss
05-26-2003, 04:25 PM
I'm thinking about heading down there about 7-ish. Doubt I'll stay at the Circuit City thing too long, as I have been on vacation the past week and will need plenty of rest for going back to work tomorrow. Vacation is cool, but going back to work sux!

Tom

diablolightning
05-26-2003, 06:05 PM
Me and my woman will be there. we'll be there around 7:30 look for a white explorer.:D I'll have pics of the totaled L:( . well hope everyone shows up not like last week:flaming:

MrsMy2002Lightning
05-26-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by diablolightning
Me and my woman will be there. we'll be there around 7:30 look for a white explorer.:D I'll have pics of the totaled L:( . well hope everyone shows up not like last week:flaming:

Totalled L? EEEEK !! Dis is not good.

See you there. We're in a Red 2002 L. We're grilling steaks real fast then we'll meet ya at Hooters.

Toodles.

Anyone else ???? :banana: :nana2 :banana:

microsuck
05-26-2003, 11:51 PM
that was fun. Its way better when there's 8 trucks there. I say we show every last monday of the month. like today. every week would be too much. Once a month is great. and hooters too. feedback?
Andrew

MrsMy2002Lightning
05-27-2003, 12:04 AM
that was fun. Its way better when there's 8 trucks there. I say we show every last monday of the month. like today. every week would be too much. Once a month is great. and hooters too. feedback?
Andrew

How about we split it up a bit... Since the TALON meets are every month on the first Thursday, let's do this thing on the Third Monday of every month.

Does that sound good?

It was a lot of fun ;) Glad we got more L's out there! Sorry we had to take off so early. :) Work tomorrow and all ...

Lil Nicky88
05-27-2003, 12:32 AM
every tuesday? are you talking about the hooters part or the Circuit City part? CC only goes down on Monday nights, just so ya know... ;)

MrsMy2002Lightning
05-27-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Lil Nicky88
every tuesday? are you talking about the hooters part or the Circuit City part? CC only goes down on Monday nights, just so ya know... ;)

Heheh woopsie. :)

All straigtened out now.

redlight02
05-27-2003, 01:09 AM
Ahhh He** lets just hit a different Hooters every night of the week. Once we're done .....ummmm. figure that out when we get to it.:D

my2002lightning
05-27-2003, 01:21 AM
Bryan/John,

I thought you 2 were supposed to make our showing at Hooter's/Circuit City an even 10 ?!? I'm old and "work" too ! :d

Doug/Andrew/Gaven, et. al. good seeing everyone this evening... sorry we had to take out early.

Ronald

PS: What the hell was up w/that "poser" parking at the end of the L row where I was SUPPOSED to park by you TALON drivers? :hammer:

tliss
05-27-2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by my2002lightning
PS: What the hell was up w/that "poser" parking at the end of the L row where I was SUPPOSED to park by you TALON drivers? :hammer:

That guy moved there after we got there. He rolled down his window and yelled "stock pride" before he got out. Guess he wanted to be cool, or something.

Also, good meeting a few new faces. Every time I get out to one of these events I always meet someone new. It's cool how dynamic the group is.

Tom

my2002lightning
05-27-2003, 06:04 PM
"stock pride" ?!? :roll :eek2: :nono:

Some people ...

Yep, we had fun. Too bad we had to leave early.

Later,

Ronald

Silver_2000
05-27-2003, 07:55 PM
Had a good time BS'ing and eating wings.

We followed the pack to 190 and watched from a distance as they made a rolliing road block - Couldnt see anything.

Went home from there. My feet were/are sore from standing there all night... I guess Im getting old

Doug

microsuck
05-27-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
My feet were/are sore from standing there all night... I guess Im getting old

Doug
why dont you bring a lawn chair and a glass of ice tea next time you ole' fart:D j/k:tongue:
Andrew

my2002lightning
05-27-2003, 10:04 PM
micro****,

Just stay in the FAR RIGHT lane and make room for us old-geezers!

:burnout: :tu:

Ronald

Silver_2000
05-27-2003, 10:52 PM
why dont you bring a lawn chair and a glass of ice tea next time you ole' fart:D j/k:tongue:
Andrew

This geezers truck is still QUITE a bit quicker and faster than yours. Heck any truck that starts 4 out of 5 times is doing better than yours... :evil :hammer:

I honestly think that my circulation is failing in my legs causing the foot problems.

Doug

Crawford
05-27-2003, 11:29 PM
Andrew

I will be right there next to Doug with my lawn chair and our (long island) iced teas! :banana:

MrsMy2002Lightning
05-28-2003, 12:12 PM
Andrew

Yeah, he can sit right next to you on your cooler full of Mountain Dew young'n. :)

heheh!

I'm going to run and hide now.

Natetrun
05-28-2003, 06:01 PM
I ended up coming up there monday , but got there around 11:15. I was the only lightning through there :( . Oh well. I'll be there next time.