PDA

View Full Version : a prostock lightning?

cpeapea
05-23-2003, 04:30 PM
someone came up to me the other day and asked me if i have seen a lightning around that has a tubbed rear and ginormous (hehe) slicks on the rear. i forgot what area it was in, some guy at the races was telling me about it. has anyone heard anything about this?

Sixpipes
05-23-2003, 06:05 PM
Could be Screamin Mad JD's truck out of El Paso. It has been at Ennis FFW recently.

http://www.dragtrucks.com/photo/hottrucks10/ennis2001_02.jpg

cpeapea
05-23-2003, 07:20 PM
naw someone said it was in dallas area somewhere, also it was a 2nd gen

J.D. Blackwell
05-27-2003, 05:20 PM
Well, it could be Jeremy. He is from Mineola, just North of Tyler near me. He has a Black '99 that he has been working on for almost 2 years now. I haven't heard from him in a while, but another L buddy who is from Tyler was telling me the other night that he had tubbed the **** out of it. I know he has a full cage, fuel cell, etc., but I don't think it is running yet. I have no idea what is under the hood, but I know I have seen several threads on svtperformance a year ago about him asking JDM all about the 4 valve 5.4L. I don't know if he went with that or what. All I know is that he told me that he was going to build a faster truck then me.LMAO I didn't know I had this kind of influence on people.

It got me thinking when you said something about that. I am going to see if I can find him. He only lives an hour from me, but not exactly where. It is in the sticks though.

Justin

andy_cain
05-28-2003, 12:17 PM
Now that I look at it Justin, you are starting to bark on my heels and the thought of the "add on bottle" might propel me to decide I NEED to do something new with mine....or may just play with a whole new toy for a bit and toggle between projects

J.D. Blackwell
05-28-2003, 01:18 PM
:D

Yep, my 12.3 isn't really far off of your 11.8 since, I have the stock converter, 3.55's, and bald F1's. A 75 shot alone will give me a solid .5 even with F1's and I spray in 2nd gear. If the tires hold it will be a 11.8 run.:D Then wait til I change my gears, get some slicks, and put my stall back in.:nono:

andy_cain
05-28-2003, 02:11 PM
MMM, I thought I saw 12.05 times in the 1/4???:confused:
I am still running the 3:55's and stock converter myself...I feel certain she CAN pull a low 11.7 run, her 11.85 was leting off at about 100 feet then hammered it hard enough that she started well on her way to lifting...shoulda, woulda coulda...we all know how that goes.
I too need some new slicks, these cheap a$$ old MT's (Mfd. 2000) are total Velveeta (all cheezy):beer:

My 75 shot gave me right at .5 in the 1/4 as well even with a bigger fuel jet...you would have to ask "T" what jets he used...I drink too muck to remeber details like that.:roll

J.D. Blackwell
05-28-2003, 02:20 PM
Yeah, it made a 12.050 pass at FFW Houston with slicks. The 12.3 was on F1's.