PDA

View Full Version : Clunk

Shiner1
06-17-2003, 08:42 AM
My worst fears have come true....I now have a case of the "clunks" on the drviers side. What's the cure?? :confused:

-- John

andy_cain
06-17-2003, 09:34 AM
My worst fears have come true....I now have a case of the "clunks" on the drviers side. What's the cure?? :confused:

-- John

If it is a suspension "Clunk" I think I recall the fix as being a washer (Herbs washer)

Mark #2
06-17-2003, 10:58 AM

-- John

John,
Quick fix is to get a star lock washer and put it under the nut on the back bolt of the A-arm on the drivers side, and tighten to around 150 ft-lbs this will stop it for a while until you get some "Herbs washers".
Mark

Shiner1
06-17-2003, 11:05 AM
Only clunks on hard /tight turns, such as backing out of a parking space. Who is Herb and how do I find him?

-- John

Mark #2
06-17-2003, 11:09 AM
Only clunks on hard /tight turns, such as backing out of a parking space. Who is Herb and how do I find him?

-- John

Actually, it sounds like you have the other clunk. You need to lube your steering stops. Do a search on clunk or Herb's washers on NLOC or f150 online. There are hundreds of threads on this stuff

John,
Learn the search feature.
Mark

98Cobra
06-17-2003, 01:03 PM
Actually, it sounds like you have the other clunk. You need to lube your steering stops. Do a search on clunk or Herb's washers on NLOC or f150 online. There are hundreds of threads on this stuff

John,
Learn the search feature.
Mark

Hey Mark, can I come by tonight and torque that bolt down, or are ya busy?

Mark #2
06-17-2003, 01:09 PM
Hey Mark, can I come by tonight and torque that bolt down, or are ya busy?

Thursday night is the first available.
Mark

98Cobra
06-17-2003, 05:35 PM
Thursday night is the first available.
Mark

Cool man, what time should I be over?