PDA

View Full Version : Got a RIDICULOUS ticket Friday by State Trooper

George G.
06-23-2003, 02:00 PM
Sorry SOB had nothing better to do but write me a ticket for not signaling for 100 ft before changing lanes. I was going south on I-45 when this state was ahead of me. I slowly proceed about 1 car length ahead of him in the next lane and when I went to change lanes(not into his lane) I SIGNAL and he says it wasn't for 100ft!:bs. I ask this prick how I'm suppose to measure 100ft while driving 65mph. I can only use my best judgement. He says that I just signaled and immediatly changed lanes. Which I know is BS because I always signal, glance over and then immediately change lanes. It's gotta at least be 2 seconds during that time. Whether its for 100 ft, i don't know but give me a frickin break! So now I gotta truck my happy butt to Garland from South G.P. to contest this. Does that count against your insurance?

Also, for the math wizards, If I was driving 65 mph, how many feet would I travel in 2 seconds?

George G.
06-23-2003, 02:02 PM
Wait a minute

<-----That's not my truck!:(

Moonshine
06-23-2003, 04:29 PM
190.08 feet in 2 seconds at 65 MPH.

I'm not even gonna' comment on that ticket. :vomit:

dboat
06-23-2003, 05:00 PM
if you really signalled for 2 seconds, then 190+ feet is correct.. glad I took algebra..
anyway my comment on the ticket is :bs
Dana

cpeapea
06-23-2003, 06:08 PM
stickit to em!!!

i hate sgp...

99WhiteBeast
06-23-2003, 10:01 PM
That's:bs

He must have had a hardon for you George- whatcha driving these days?

George G.
06-23-2003, 10:29 PM
That's:bs

He must have had a hardon for you George- whatcha driving these days?

The wife's 99 Rodeo. You laugh now.... its a sleeper. I'll be driving it till about November.;)

George G.
06-23-2003, 10:36 PM
if you really signalled for 2 seconds, then 190+ feet is correct.. glad I took algebra..
anyway my comment on the ticket is :bs
Dana

Even still. I didn't time it exactly but if I tried to change lanes in less that a second, that Rodeo would literally swerve all over the road. Not to mention that I'd have my pregnant wife, who was with me, down my throat. So basically, even if it took 1.5 seconds to change lanes, that would be more than the 100 feet he stated. I'm gonna fight this one. Even if I gotta school the trooper with some algebra.

min150mph
06-24-2003, 10:28 AM
That really sucks though it seems like it shouldn't be too hard to fight this one. I assume the cop saw your signal, then go home and time how many blinks the car does for 1s, 2s, etc. then use the match on how many blinks that is in 100ft. I got a similar one a long time ago in CA and did this. My truck back then did 2 blinks in 1.5s, one of those slow blinking ones, anyways I won. Asked the cop how many blinks he saw and he said 2 and how fast I was going. So proved my case right there.

Good Luck!

edit: BTW 95ft/s is what 65mph translates to.