PDA

View Full Version : August Meeting - Vote by Wednesday 7/23

MrsMy2002Lightning
07-21-2003, 12:06 AM
The August meeting for TALON is scheduled at Dave & Busters.

Dave & Busters wants us to pay $40 an hour to reserve a room OR pay for a menu that starts at $13.99 per person and pick what we want to eat now to get their dining room without charges.

Vote now or forever hold your peace. haha!

1. Dave & Busters (take our chances on getting places to sit)

2. Kellers

Whatever place is in the lead on Wednesday 7-23 at midnight is where I'll make the reservation. If needed, I'll post who voted for what. LOL

my2002lightning
07-21-2003, 12:17 AM
Does this mean that Pom-Pom's is out of the question ? :D

MrsMy2002Lightning
07-21-2003, 12:18 AM
Very funny sweetie. ;)

L8 APEX
07-21-2003, 12:54 AM
Kellers is going to be blistering hot outside:hammer: Neither sounds attractive to me. Time for a South Arlington Posse meeting:beer:

MrsMy2002Lightning
07-21-2003, 12:57 AM
heheh That's scheduled in September. ;)

98Cobra
07-21-2003, 08:04 AM
The August meeting for TALON is scheduled at Dave & Busters.

Dave & Busters wants us to pay $40 an hour to reserve a room OR pay for a menu that starts at $13.99 per person and pick what we want to eat now to get their dining room without charges.

Vote now or forever hold your peace. haha!

1. Dave & Busters (take our chances on getting places to sit)

2. Kellers

Whatever place is in the lead on Wednesday 7-23 at midnight is where I'll make the reservation. If needed, I'll post who voted for what. LOL

Well, at least you aren't biased....

I'm with Terry, believe it or not. Keller's will be fuggin' HOT. D&B seems a little pricey.

Also, no offense, but I didn't think this was up for a vote.

MrsMy2002Lightning
07-21-2003, 08:21 AM
That'd be fine with me too. It's whatever you guys want for about the millionth time.

If it's not up for vote then you figure out what you guys are doing Garett.

;)

Have fun.

L8 APEX
07-21-2003, 08:33 AM
FYI Doug and crew laid out the next three months meetings at BD's last month. At least that is what I heard.. Doug, we need to require L ownership for voting privilages on meetings:D

98Cobra
07-21-2003, 08:49 AM
That'd be fine with me too. It's whatever you guys want for about the millionth time.

If it's not up for vote then you figure out what you guys are doing Garett.

;)

Have fun.

I don't have to, its on the um calendar, or something...

andy_cain
07-21-2003, 09:31 AM
I say neither of those two choices.
What about the place we tried to go last month....ShOOts across from Bone Daddys or just leave it at Bone Daddys.:beer:

I never did see how the picture of those 4 "welcoming girls" in front of the "L" turned out.....what's up with that:confused:

True Blue Aggie
07-21-2003, 12:35 PM
I went to Scoot's this weekend, and the prices were seriously cheap. I did not have any alcohol, but it did seem as if they were serving and had a license to serve. Place is really nice, and the waitstaff did go out of their way to take care of you. There were not many people there though. Typical food (Hburger, frito pie, fried chicken,etc...)

Silver_2000
07-21-2003, 03:41 PM
Sorry Guys - If we are to be a serious club we CANT do the vote/poll thing every ****ING month...

I closed the poll.

The next 3 meetings are decided. NO changes- If you wantto suggest an alternate meeting place for the 4th one have fun.

Your constant *****ing and smart ass comments are keeping poeple from participating. ANd from helping organize these things...

There is NO need to reserve anything at D&B's

We'll make rooom... The location may suck BUT we wont know that till we try it.

Scoots is TOO close to Bonedaddys - We NEED to spread out the meeting locations

Doug

PS- JUST walked in the door aftyer being gone for 11 days- it is 95 inside my house and the lawn is crispy from getting no water. The ex wife was watching the dogs.. Do you think she noticed the formerly green grass ? ***** ....

The warranty on the A/C unit was only 5 years - it expired 2 months ago ... Boy I'm having a good day

Logan
07-21-2003, 04:38 PM
Welcome back? :)

98Cobra
07-21-2003, 06:10 PM
Sorry Guys - If we are to be a serious club we CANT do the vote/poll thing every ****ING month...

I closed the poll.

The next 3 meetings are decided. NO changes- If you wantto suggest an alternate meeting place for the 4th one have fun.

Your constant *****ing and smart ass comments are keeping poeple from participating. ANd from helping organize these things...

There is NO need to reserve anything at D&B's

We'll make rooom... The location may suck BUT we wont know that till we try it.

Scoots is TOO close to Bonedaddys - We NEED to spread out the meeting locations

Doug

PS- JUST walked in the door aftyer being gone for 11 days- it is 95 inside my house and the lawn is crispy from getting no water. The ex wife was watching the dogs.. Do you think she noticed the formerly green grass ? ***** ....

The warranty on the A/C unit was only 5 years - it expired 2 months ago ... Boy I'm having a good day

:bows Voice of reason.

Were your dogs in the 95 degree house?

Sucks about that other stuff. Welcome back though! :cool:

TxBolt
07-21-2003, 07:41 PM
Too many threads on meeting places I will agree!! :crying: Oh did I say that my A/C went out a few days ago and that I have been working on my beater for two days in the hot sun? That this 4am to 7pm is begining to get on my nerves? Just fooling Doug! I hope your animals are ok and you can settle in ,in the cool!! :beer: :roll :roll

Silver_2000
07-21-2003, 10:03 PM
I rolled in to the house about 3pm

By 4pm the A/C was fixed and my wallet was only ~$200 lighter... The house is now 76 degrees. I am VERY happy to get it fixed that quick...

The dogs were in the heat at least 3-4 days. The ***** ex-wife didnt care enough about them to take ( her dogs ) to her house...

Doug

Sixpipes
07-21-2003, 10:09 PM
I rode around this afternoon with my windows down just so you would feel better. :cool:

my2002lightning
07-21-2003, 10:48 PM
It's only $$$$ ....

:d

L8 APEX
07-21-2003, 10:51 PM
I rolled in to the house about 3pm

By 4pm the A/C was fixed and my wallet was only ~$200 lighter... The house is now 76 degrees. I am VERY happy to get it fixed that quick...

The dogs were in the heat at least 3-4 days. The ***** ex-wife didnt care enough about them to take ( her dogs ) to her house...

Doug
Not a bad repair bill, was it an electrical component or gas? As for the dogs I have decided women hate dogs and only tolerate them because the man likes them. My buddy has been seperated from his wife for over a year. She begged for him to leave their dog (a shepherd mix) with her so she would feel safe. Then the other day she said "come get your dog or she's going to the pound". My mom also had the pound come get our dog when my parents got divorced. She had the nerve to tell me our 3yr old golden lab conveniently died while I was at school:flaming::bs This 8yr old wans't that ignorant, am I sharing to much sorry:eek2:

Silver_2000
07-21-2003, 10:59 PM
Electrical

The "start kit" had died... The compressor wasnt coming on.

I know I got ****ed by paying 160 for a capacitor but timimg is everything....

When ever I wonder why Im divorced, I just remind myself of stuff like this...

Doug

my2002lightning
07-21-2003, 11:05 PM
As I've stated before, I don't mind where we all meet, it's fine w/me...

New sites/scenes, etc ...it's all good.

As long as it's a TALON meet ! :tu:

Ronald, Suzy y Elaine :d

Terry,

It's alright to vent ... :flaming:. I have VOLUMES to discuss. My mother was almost killed/right arm lost in an industrial accident. :flaming: x 10 !!!!

I love my Mom, Betty! :) I call every day...

TxBolt
07-22-2003, 08:24 PM
As for the dogs I have decided women hate dogs and only tolerate them because the man likes them
know I got ****ed by paying 160 for a capacitor but timimg is everything.... These dog stories are killing me. I don't know about the wifey ,but the schnauzer will always love me. :crying: He don't care if I wash dishes or not, or if the trash is out! :roll :roll Thats about normal on service work in Dallas. I use to charge 120.00 hr and that was 4 yrs ago on plumbing. It cost me 65.00 to put a thermostat wire on. :roll I feel like the dummy. :o As much as I know about A/C I could not locate it. Go fiqure! I can almost build a Lightning though!! :burnout: :bs