PDA

View Full Version : Traction Bars

bobbywade69
08-22-2003, 04:47 AM
I need To see if anybody has some plans to make traction bars, I'm going to try to make a set at work on my spare time, maybe some can help me out with some plans or layout. If not I will have to call up Terry and buy a set. Thanks

Bobby

microsuck
08-22-2003, 08:34 AM
I will loan you my lakewoods if you need a template. they are in my closet.
Andrew

blueoval01
08-24-2003, 02:00 PM
Bobby, hope you don't mind if I add to this thread since it is already started about traction bars ..... :o

Most everywhere I look I see Metco and CalTracs.
Has anyone used the JLP traction bars? More of a Rancho style compared to Metco.

cpeapea
08-24-2003, 02:43 PM
probably easier to install then athe metcos

Shiner1
08-28-2003, 03:54 PM
I built a set similar to the Truck Tracs style. I have not had a chance to really test them yet. Waiting for the weather to cool down a little. Total cost to build....$24.00 and change.

-- John

ken cryder
09-03-2003, 10:52 PM
i'm a jlp distibutor . if you need any thing send me an e-mail .

i built my own and after alot of research and develope ment i have them working great , fully adjustable with 3/4 chromoly hiem joints . they dropped my 60ft quite a bit . if you would like to see how i built them let me know.

ken

diablolightning
09-03-2003, 11:53 PM
i'm a jlp distibutor . if you need any thing send me an e-mail .

i built my own and after alot of research and develope ment i have them working great , fully adjustable with 3/4 chromoly hiem joints . they dropped my 60ft quite a bit . if you would like to see how i built them let me know.

ken

You may not remember meeting me but I met you at Denton track. I remember seeing you break you traction bars that was pretty damn cool and the truck sounded badass with the spintechs. I was running puny 8.90s in a silver 2001 with just air raid cai and boost bypass. like I said you prolly won't remember. it might help that i'm hispanic.:hammer:

ken cryder
09-04-2003, 01:27 AM
i believe i remember meeting you . yea that night was a whole learning experience . but it wasn't too bad i just had to rethink my brackets .

ken