PDA

View Full Version : Cancelled my order at rpmoutlet.com

SILVER2000SVT
08-27-2003, 01:02 PM
This post is in reference to my previous post a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3045

I wanted to give Terry the business but, I decided to go with the +4lbs Lower ASP pulley from rpmoutlet.com only because Terry said his supplier didn’t have any of the 99-00 pulleys in stock at the time.

I place my order on August 15th, and they were getting some in that day said that it would go out the same day. Since it was coming from Houston it would only take one, maybe two days. After Thursday 21st came around the next week and I still haven’t got my pulley yet, I called and talked to Brett again and asked why it’s taking so long. He looked it up and told me that we didn’t receive payment. He said it looks like we just didn’t charge your credit card. I’m like, “why didn’t you call or something?” He apologized and ran the card for me right there while I was on the phone. It struck me as kind of odd that he had to ask another guy to get off the phone to run the card. I thought this was supposed to be some sort of big distributor. He said it went through and that he was personally going to get the pulley off the shelf and take it back to shipping as soon as I got off the phone.

So now I’m expecting the pulley on Monday. Well it’s Wednesday and no pulley. I call them back up and ask for a tracking number. They proceed to tell me that it is going out today. “We were out and are expecting more in today, so your order will go out today.” That was it for me, so I told the woman I was talking to to cancel my order. She said, are you sure, the pulley would be at my house tomorrow. I told her that’s what you told me the last two times. She said that it would take 2-3 weeks for my credit card to be credited. I told her this was ridiculous, and just to cancel my order. If I get my credit card bill and I don’t have the reimbursement on it I will protest the charge.

Terry was telling me that he gets the pulleys from the same place they do, and since the supplier doesn’t have any rpmoutlet probably doesn’t have any either. That means they were flat out lying about everything….I won’t be doing business with them ever again.

microsuck
08-27-2003, 01:15 PM
yeah, I have heard things like that about them before. They have really cheap prices but I have heard ALOT of complaints. I guess buying form them is a gamble. its risky, but you can really save some cabbage. just my $.02

SILVER2000SVT
08-27-2003, 01:25 PM
I guess buying form them is a gamble. its risky, but you can really save some cabbage. just my $.02

It was going to be about the same price as Terry after the belt and shipping and tax. Terry's supplier just didn't have any available at the time, and from the way it looks rpmoutlet didn't have any either. The only difference is that Terry didn't lie about it.

microsuck
08-27-2003, 01:27 PM
yeah, dude that sucks. I lost count on how many times that kind of crap has happened to me. local is sometimes best.

L8 APEX
08-27-2003, 02:47 PM
Good News Jason, Your early model 4# lower is in my hand. You can come by the shop in Duncanville or I will bring it home tonight. Let me round up a belt and tools if you need them. Holler at me later:tu:

dboat
08-27-2003, 04:28 PM
Good News Jason, Your early model 4# lower is in my hand. You can come by the shop in Duncanville or I will bring it home tonight. Let me round up a belt and tools if you need them. Holler at me later:tu:

what a broken record this is... as usual, Terry to the rescue.. some guys just dont appreciate him, but I darned sure do and will really miss having him work on my truck when I am gone.. not sure what I am gonna do.. :crying:

Dana

SILVER2000SVT
08-27-2003, 04:38 PM
I've been wanting to give Terry my business for a while now. The only reason I didn't is because he said he didn't have the 99-00 pulley and his supplier didn't have it at the time. rpmoutlet said they had it, so I went with them initially. Granted, I shop around for the best price, but that doesn't mean I'm going to go with it. I don't mind at all paying just a little more for something from somebody I can trust.