PDA

View Full Version : What could it be?

jcblack
09-01-2003, 03:47 PM
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/pictureview.cfm?pnum=69026&anum=4293

I hate this. I raced a dude last night and when i got home i pulled it into the garage. When i got up this morning i smelled some oil and backed up the truck and that is what i found. any thoughts or ideas of what it might be?

Logan
09-01-2003, 04:27 PM
A big hole. How much oil IS that?

Don't suppose you felt anything go wrong? Was the oil smell while you were driving or only this morning?

Ugh!

blueoval01
09-01-2003, 05:52 PM
Holy Smokes,
That's a lot of oil.
What can you see under the hood?
Could be as simple as the breather cap coming off to a blown gasket, I suspect. :(

L8 APEX
09-01-2003, 08:35 PM
It looks like you drove over an oil change bucket and spilled it.

jcblack
09-01-2003, 09:42 PM
It looks like you drove over an oil change bucket and spilled it.

You win!!! I was just trying to joke about a stupid mistake that I made. I was changing my oil and Nate and Jeff were in deep conversation that I wanted to add too. So I losened ( if that is how you spell that) the bolt from the oil pan to drain the oil and quickly got up to talk. Well I go to see if all of the oil is drained out, and it was all over the floor. :eek2: I forgot to take out the plug for the oil container. Stupid Mistake.

02BOLT
09-01-2003, 09:51 PM
Please tell me this is a joke!:confused: Have you checked your oil level? According to that picture, you should be at least a couple quarts short. I'd jack the truck up, crawl underneath with a flashlight and see if you can tell where the hell that oil is coming from. IF that oil is coming from your motor, something ain't right! However, if you hurt the motor bad enough to cause that bad of a leak, i can't imagine you wouldn't have smelled it burning on the exhaust before you ever got 'er home.

O.K.....Nevermind...I went to post this before you replied...Smarta$$!:nana2

Logan
09-02-2003, 02:19 AM
Hey! I win. I said a big hole. The drain plug would qualify as a big hole dammit. :)

jcblack
09-02-2003, 04:56 PM
Hey! I win. I said a big hole. The drain plug would qualify as a big hole dammit. :)

Okay, you win too.

Logan
09-02-2003, 07:02 PM
Damn straight. :)