PDA

View Full Version : Charity laps at TMS

L8 APEX
09-11-2003, 05:05 PM
I just pulled this off their website:
Sept 13
Laps for Charity II (6-10 p.m.) A fan Favorite! You're the driver when Texas Motor Speedway opens the speedway to the public. Experience the thrill of driving your car around the 1.5-mile oval! Cost: $25 donation for each three-lap drive. For more information, please call (817) 215-8564.
http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/images/spacer.gif
I didn't know if anyone wanted to make a trip of it or not. Last time we went there were some slow biatches cramping my flow:hammer:

Silver_2000
09-11-2003, 05:44 PM
Might be fun...

my2002lightning
09-11-2003, 07:47 PM
We'll be in-town this weekend. Sounds like fun.

I would like to run the oval at speed, but I'm wondering about rules/tech. in, etc.

Let's get some TALON Ls out there...

I've seen the truck series and some of the other classes back in the summer at TMS! It's amazing to see 200mph+ right in front of you! :nana2

tliss
09-11-2003, 07:56 PM
I just pulled this off their website:
Sept 13
Laps for Charity II (6-10 p.m.) A fan Favorite! You're the driver when Texas Motor Speedway opens the speedway to the public. Experience the thrill of driving your car around the 1.5-mile oval! Cost: $25 donation for each three-lap drive. For more information, please call (817) 215-8564.
http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/images/spacer.gif
I didn't know if anyone wanted to make a trip of it or not. Last time we went there were some slow biatches cramping my flow:hammer:

Sawwweeeet! I've been waiting for this to come back around! I am soooo there! Last time was a blast, but wouyld have been better if it weren't for the jag-off in the Mustang slowing me and Terry down.

That slow biatches comment better not be about me :throw:. That Mustang in front of us taking his Sunday drive to church really messed things up :Bullshit.

Tom

02BOLT
09-11-2003, 07:57 PM
We'll be in-town this weekend. Sounds like fun.

I would like to run the oval at speed, but I'm wondering about rules/tech. in, etc.

Let's get some TALON Ls out there...

I've seen the truck series and some of the other classes back in the summer at TMS! It's amazing to see 200mph+ right in front of you! :nana2

Ron, they try to limit you to 70-80 mph. There are "pace" vehicles in front AND behind a pack of between 10 & 16 vehicles. So it's not an all out a$$ haulin, but it's still pretty cool being up on those high banks!:tu:

BTW...Terry, lemme know, I'd be interested in rollin out with da boys:nana2

MrsMy2002Lightning
09-11-2003, 08:03 PM
Can we do 2 sets of 3 laps if we pay 50.00? I wanna drive too!!!!!!!! heheh :)

That sounds like fun!

tliss
09-11-2003, 08:28 PM
Can we do 2 sets of 3 laps if we pay 50.00? I wanna drive too!!!!!!!! heheh :)

That sounds like fun!

You pay the money and they let you take as many laps as you want! Only 3 laps at a time and you have to get to the end of line after 3 laps are over.

It's auxilarating (sp?)

Tom

98Cobra
09-11-2003, 09:26 PM
80mph? Shoot, even 110 on a banked surface like that feels like crawling. You guys let me know if its any different in the L, but in my old Cobra I'd be bored. :cool:

Badcarma
09-11-2003, 09:30 PM
I'm Game if anybody else is going!

Scott

my2002lightning
09-11-2003, 09:34 PM
So, if the "faster" group is wanting to bump 100+ on the straights, etc., do you get disqualified/sidelined or what? :confused:

Any special track prep.? I remember Open-Tracking w/Ruslow at Hallet and they req'd helmets, all cotton clothing, hands, etc in the vehicle at all times, etc, etc.

Rob,

"Try" to limit you to 70-80mph is a VERY subjective term! :D

Ronald

tliss
09-11-2003, 09:43 PM
So, if the "faster" group is wanting to bump 100+ on the straights, etc., do you get disqualified/sidelined or what? :confused:

Any special track prep.? I remember Open-Tracking w/Ruslow at Hallet and they req'd helmets, all cotton clothing, hands, etc in the vehicle at all times, etc, etc.

Rob,

"Try" to limit you to 70-80mph is a VERY subjective term! :D

Ronald

No track prep or tech required. Go and drive!

Tom

bobbywade69
09-11-2003, 10:24 PM
I'll be out there if the weather is good sounds like alot of fun, So how many of ya are meeting out there.:nana2

L8 APEX
09-11-2003, 11:10 PM
Someone call on this and make sure it is a go before we plan the outing. Where can we eat or cruise afterwards? Maybe take 114 back to Grapevine Hooters or downtown Ft. Worth?

99WhiteBeast
09-11-2003, 11:11 PM
Sandbag it a little then get a 120mph blast out of the turn:nana2

I had a great time last year:d:D

L8 APEX
09-11-2003, 11:14 PM
I had a great time last year:d:D
hum..hum.. Wonder why:bows

99WhiteBeast
09-11-2003, 11:27 PM
Here's a few pics from the event

http://www.talonclub.com/4images/details.php?image_id=4407

http://www.talonclub.com/4images/details.php?image_id=4408

Alpine
09-11-2003, 11:40 PM
Last year, Amy, her dad, and I went. On the second lap, all the ss boys decided to pass the pace truck. Well, that looked like fun:evil so I did the same. We were going around turn two about 110 and a c5 must have passed me at 140mph. That was cool, needless to say we did not get lap three. They waived everyone off the tracked, it was definately worth it. Count me in again, I'll wait till the third lap this time .:banana:

Badcarma
09-12-2003, 08:44 AM
A radio station this morning is talking about the 19th - 21st being Lone Star Bike Week at TMS. Sounded like BIKE ONLY events.

tliss
09-13-2003, 01:17 PM
I'm planning on heading that direction about 4:30 or 5:00 today. Gotta take the laps and head home, though, as I get to puppy-sit tonight. Who's all going?

Tom

99WhiteBeast
09-13-2003, 01:42 PM
A radio station this morning is talking about the 19th - 21st being Lone Star Bike Week at TMS. Sounded like BIKE ONLY events.

There is another bike related event next weekend as well.

Today the south tunnel will open at 6pm- $25 per car. You can have passengers just no kids under six years old. All car clubs welcome and the weather looks good.

I plan on being out there around 5:30

my2002lightning
09-13-2003, 11:06 PM
Tom,

Sorry we couldn't make it! Too many errands/"chores" to take care of.

Work's encroaching more and more on my weekends.

I've been there for various races and that facility's nice!

Ronald

tliss
09-13-2003, 11:31 PM
Tom,

Sorry we couldn't make it! Too many errands/"chores" to take care of.

Work's encroaching more and more on my weekends.

I've been there for various races and that facility's nice!

Ronald

Too bad, you missed a good time. Looked like Jacob got a kick a$$ video. You should have heard all of the supercharger music coming out of the turns :nana2 ! Music to my ears!

I'll post up pictures when I see if they came out. Everybody else that took pictures please do the same. Jacob, pleeeeeeze post that video!

Tom

tliss
09-13-2003, 11:47 PM
Pics didn't come out too good since it was dark. I lightned them up a bit, but not great. Anyway, here's a few.

my2002lightning
09-14-2003, 12:18 AM
Tom,
All I can say is ... http://www.ls1.com/forums/images/smilies/headbang.gifand http://www.ls1.com/forums/images/smilies/3gears.gif. :d

The only "racing" I did today was see a coupla' Vipers in tandem. Flashed the brights... they acknowledged.

Met DallasRat on TALON today at BassPro today. Laney wondered why I gassed on it in the BassPro parking-lot and kept repeating, "Lightning! Lightning!" :D He has a white '00 with the "clunk".

Later, while back in town, I was "drying off" the L with a WOT blast after the car-wash and flashed/waved at a DSG L here in Plano with another 10-4.

Also, I met Jason (aka speedfreak something) here on TALON. He's the white '00 L I saw a while back in my apt. complex.

Now, let's see that video, gentlemen!

Ronald

02BOLT
09-14-2003, 12:31 AM
Good Times!:beer:

I believe we had the most horsepower on that track at one time than anyone else since Winston Cup was in town:burnout:

SAWEEET!

L8 APEX
09-14-2003, 12:51 AM
That was the best $25 bucks I have donated in a long time. They grouped us all together and set a decent pace. The track vehicles must have liked Lightnings because we were screaming and passing like we owned the place. I think I got up to 115-120 a time or two.:nana2 To think I almost kept working at the shop and would have missed this:hammer: I really enjoyed hanging with the customers and friends that made the haul:beer: Finishing with dinner at Hooters wasn't a bad idea either:twitch:

Silver_2000
09-14-2003, 12:56 AM
:tu::tu:Had a great time.

Sorry I was late fellas. I had Shirts to fold.... :d

jcblack
09-14-2003, 01:23 AM
Too bad, you missed a good time. Looked like Jacob got a kick a$$ video. You should have heard all of the supercharger music coming out of the turns :nana2 ! Music to my ears!

I'll post up pictures when I see if they came out. Everybody else that took pictures please do the same. Jacob, pleeeeeeze post that video!

Tom

I dont know how to post the video. Somebody tell me how.

Silver_2000
09-14-2003, 01:27 AM
I dont know how to post the video. Somebody tell me how.
How big is it ?

Email it to me if its less than 15 mb....

Ill post it for you

Doug

jcblack
09-14-2003, 01:34 AM
How big is it ?

Email it to me if its less than 15 mb....

Ill post it for you

Doug

Doug, Im sending it through your outlook express

Silver_2000
09-14-2003, 01:47 AM
Heres the link - I created a category for pictures for folks to use as well.

Attaching them to the forum is easy but NOT permanent.

Doug

http://www.talonclub.com/4images/categories.php?cat_id=74

Where is the sound ??

jcblack
09-14-2003, 01:56 AM
Heres the link - I created a category for pictures for folks to use as well.

Attaching them to the forum is easy but NOT permanent.

Doug

Where is the sound ??
There is no sound. Did it with the digital camera. And to clear it up, the video was taken by Melissa.

my2002lightning
09-14-2003, 02:04 AM
There is no sound. Did it with the digital camera.

Jacob,

Did you take .jpgs with a digital camera .... or did you take .mpgs with a digital camera?

For example, my Sony takes digital .jpgs AND has .mpg capability. The mpgs actually turn out alright.

What exactly did you take the video with ? ... and we can try take it from there ...

Ronald

jcblack
09-14-2003, 02:19 AM
Jacob,

Did you take .jpgs with a digital camera .... or did you take .mpgs with a digital camera?

For example, my Sony takes digital .jpgs AND has .mpg capability. The mpgs actually turn out alright.

What exactly did you take the video with ? ... and we can try take it from there ...

Ronald
All I know is that I have a Olympus C-4000, which is a 4.0 mega pixel. It takes awesome pictures, but has no sound on the videos. Thats all I know. Here are a few more pics.
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/pictureview.cfm?pnum=70004&anum=4293

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/pictureview.cfm?pnum=70005&anum=4293

tliss
09-14-2003, 10:26 AM

Jacob, that movie is awesome! Too bad you didn't get sound...the scream of all of those superchargers coming out of the turns was incredible!

By the way, I added my pictures to the pic category Doug set up. Not great (I've been told about my camera), but they're pictures!

Thanks,
Tom

jcblack
09-14-2003, 11:00 AM

Jacob, that movie is awesome! Too bad you didn't get sound...the scream of all of those superchargers coming out of the turns was incredible!

By the way, I added my pictures to the pic category Doug set up. Not great (I've been told about my camera), but they're pictures!

Thanks,
Tom

Those Picture look fine to me Tom. It was a awesome experience. Next time it comes around, im there.

Silver_2000
09-14-2003, 11:17 AM
Those Picture look fine to me Tom. It was a awesome experience. Next time it comes around, im there.

Jacob the movie is great. Would you mind adding your pictures to the gallery ? You may need to register in the gallery to post..
THANKS !
Doug