PDA

View Full Version : Newbie - Wanted to Introduce myself

scott015
10-29-2003, 10:40 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to say hi. I just bought a 2000 Black Lightning today... But guy who owns it lives in Missouri and I am in Texas.... wont be able to get her until next weekend... But thats ok, good things come to those who wait... He is delivering her on a trailor to me for free... so I cant beat that..

anyway, let me know what yall think... here is what it is

2000 Black Lightning
65,000k miles
Carfax Clean report
intercooler done
1 rock chip on front bumper, otherwise NOT ONE scratch
interior perfect
PSP 4lb lower pully
PSP chip
johnny lightning dual ram air
90 mass air
rancho bars
autometer guages trans, boost, air/fuel
clear side markers
billet grills
dual flowmaster 40 series cat back with 3 1/2in stainless tips

thats about it, rest u guy already know!! i cant wait until next weekend!!!

scott015
10-29-2003, 10:41 AM
well im sure you already know what she looks like, but here is a pic anyway

my2002lightning
10-29-2003, 10:51 AM
Congrats on the L and welcome to TALON! :nana2 Looks good!

I'm assuming you've inspected it in person and have test driven it?

Ronald

microsuck
10-29-2003, 11:05 AM
Congrats on the L and welcome to TALON! :nana2 Looks good!

I'm assuming you've inspected it in person and have test driven it?

Ronaldif you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay? I dont see alot of trucks for sale with over 65k miles on them. how did that effect your price? anyways, congrats on the L. we all know the feeling.
Andrew
ps, very clean looking pic, thats the way I would set it up if mine was a 2000.

kragle23
10-29-2003, 11:05 AM
Scott,

First off, welcome to the L family! I have been following your posts across NLOC and F150online, and glad you finally found a truck that you liked!!! :evil

I am new as well, bought my black '99 in May. You will love the truck, funnest vehicle I have ever driven. :d

I also noticed that you would like to get a chip dyno-tuned on F150. When you find a place that you want to get it done at, let me know. I am very interested in getting it done as well, maybe we could meet up and get it done together! :banana:

Welcome again,

Kasey

scott015
10-29-2003, 11:13 AM
well unfortunatly... i did not get up to Missouri to check it out, but I hired a guy local to him to inspect it for me.. cost $199.99 but well worth it, he told me it was in A++ condition!! so I will have to take his word, plus the carfax shows clean title, never wrecked, etc...

but not seeing it and the high miles did get me a good price... got it for $16,500 DELIVERED!! i thought that was a deal I couldnt pass up

and YES, i am looking to get the truck tuned fairly soon... the guy has a PSP chip in it, but dont know how well that does... would I be better off getting it dynoed and maybe a new chip??

also, anyone know of a good place around Arlington??

bobbywade69
10-29-2003, 11:43 AM
Welcome to the L family hope to meet u at one of the meetings, U picked one of the best years of L, wrong color should have been red, but it looks sharp, have fun pimpin the L. If u need any go fast part Terry will hook u up!:tu:

Sixpipes
10-29-2003, 12:12 PM
Welcome. Mine almost has 70K now and still running pretty darn good. :cool:

99WhiteBeast
10-29-2003, 12:25 PM
and YES, i am looking to get the truck tuned fairly soon... the guy has a PSP chip in it, but dont know how well that does... would I be better off getting it dynoed and maybe a new chip??

Welcome Scott- We have a few members in Arlington- where are specifically located?

I would recommend you see our resident tuner Terry (L8 APEX) he'll hook you up:tu: He has is own forum on the board- PERFORMANCE RESEARCH

microsuck
10-29-2003, 12:38 PM
Good deal:tu: . and also, PSP is the best chip out there and sal is definately the best tuner. but if you ever get a superchip, you need to see terry, he is local.

Andrew

well unfortunatly... i did not get up to Missouri to check it out, but I hired a guy local to him to inspect it for me.. cost $199.99 but well worth it, he told me it was in A++ condition!! so I will have to take his word, plus the carfax shows clean title, never wrecked, etc...

but not seeing it and the high miles did get me a good price... got it for $16,500 DELIVERED!! i thought that was a deal I couldnt pass up

scott015
10-29-2003, 12:52 PM
well i just talked to him, he said he just got the chip not too long ago and he got it tuned for exactly the mods he put on the truck, so maybe i dont really need to tune it at all...

but i would like to run in on a dyno just to see the HP.... with the things I listed what do you guess the HP would be? im thinking about 390... am i close?

microsuck
10-29-2003, 01:11 PM
well i just talked to him, he said he just got the chip not too long ago and he got it tuned for exactly the mods he put on the truck, so maybe i dont really need to tune it at all...

but i would like to run in on a dyno just to see the HP.... with the things I listed what do you guess the HP would be? im thinking about 390... am i close?it all depends on how much timing the chip has on it. mine did 383rwhp with a 4# and 11deg advance with no n20. a long time ago, in its more virgin days. good luck. i would just dyno it just to see the afr and to have peace of mind.
Andrew

PoorSvtman
10-29-2003, 03:56 PM
Welcome to TALON !

What part of arlington are you located? Theres a decent amount of us arlingtonites :beer:

tliss
10-29-2003, 05:02 PM
Welcome to the gang. You'll have a lot of fun with the guys around here. Just watch out for those old coots running around the club...they're a bad influence on us younger guys. :d

Tom

blueoval01
10-29-2003, 05:14 PM
Welcome to the gang. You'll have a lot of fun with the guys around here. Just watch out for those old coots running around the club...they're a bad influence on us younger guys. :d
Tom
Uh Huh .....

tliss
10-29-2003, 05:23 PM
Uh Huh .....
Always good to have buddies that will leave you lying in your own puke when you pass out after a night of drinking....

Tom

scott015
10-29-2003, 05:57 PM
actually i live in Mansfield, but work in Arlington off Cooper/I20

blueoval01
10-29-2003, 06:03 PM
Always good to have buddies that will leave you lying in your own puke when you pass out after a night of drinking....
Tom:confused: OK, whatever you say, Tom. :vomit:

Moonshine
10-29-2003, 06:26 PM
PSP is the best chip out there and sal is definately the best tuner.
Andrew
Others might disagree with Andrew's opinion of Sal, but either way, welcome to the club.

L8 APEX
10-29-2003, 11:52 PM
I really liked my PSP setup, however my rods didn't, LOL:rll: I still have my 4 way chip in the drawer at home. I only run a JDM chip because it is his long block in here now. My only issues with Sal from a dealers view is there is no mark up to retail the parts and supply time sucks. I just couldn't pay bills selling his stuff. Anyway, welcome to Arlington I can always be reached and known to make house calls:tu: Unless you are in the company of Swanson Boy:D