PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Dodge SRT 10

andy_cain
11-21-2003, 02:01 PM
Dec.12 Bohnam Chrysler will be getting 2 of them (both Black) in at the MSRP price of $45,7XX with asking price at $47K. or higher
Option did not include side curtain airbags. :eek2:

tliss
11-21-2003, 02:04 PM
Dec.12 Bohnam Chrysler will be getting 2 of them (both Black) in at the MSRP price of $45,7XX with asking price at $47K. or higher
Option did not include side curtain airbags. :eek2:
Should we make a club outing to go down there that day and show them the true king of the road?

Tom

trublu02
11-21-2003, 02:10 PM
Should we make a club outing to go down there that day and show them the true king of the road?

Tom
I was just wondering if a stock Lightning would out run a stock SRT

tliss
11-21-2003, 08:05 PM
Here's what the Dodge guys are doing now

http://smiles.elze.ru/themes/arcadefreak.gif

Can't wait to beat one at the track.

Tom

02BOLT
11-21-2003, 08:26 PM
All of you who know me...know how much I LOVE Lightnings! That being said, stock for stock, our beloved L's are up against a stout a$$ truck. From a standing start 1/4mi, I believe a stock L could hold its own in terms of ET. However, from a roll, the Dodge will obliterate a STOCK Lightning, especially with a good driver, BUT for $13-15 THOUSAND dollars more, it damn well should! Slap a 4lb lower, chip(aggressively tuned), and filter for $500.00 bucks, and make the Dodge driver feel downright silly.:d

I personally am looking forward to the first time an SRT-10 driver rolls up next to me, thinking he's all high and mighty because he believes every word he read in that "TRUCKIN" article.:evil

Don't get me wrong, the SRT-10 is one SAWEEET frickin truck, on several fronts. I for one am happy to see some real competition in the performance truck market. Got two words for 'em...BRING IT!

Later,
Rob:burnout:

andy_cain
11-21-2003, 10:01 PM
I'm thinking of getting one...maybe trading the Poor-She in on it...afterall, Blk is my fav. color:tu: :evil

L8 APEX
11-21-2003, 10:05 PM
It is going to break tranny after tranny like they are in test units. It will make the Cobra IRS look reliable at the track:hammer: . The motor is solid and a proven power maker, the rest is still Dodge:vomit:

blueoval01
11-21-2003, 10:26 PM
It is going to break tranny after tranny like they are in test units. It will make the Cobra IRS look reliable at the track:hammer: . The motor is solid and a proven power maker, the rest is still Dodge:vomit: Yep, the reports from 4 months ago said the tranny is a POS.

trublu02
11-24-2003, 02:57 PM
Will the SRT 10 be a bada$$ truck? YES Will the L still be the king of the road? Well that depends on what kind of road you are on. 1/8 mile drag strip? Yes the Lightning with mods will win, but hell the Lightning would most likely beat the Viper, (if L has drag tires):burnout: If the SRT 10 pulls up beside you while you are going about 45 mph, on a side street then its going to be a good race until about 80 mph then I believe the SRT 10 will start pulling away. I think the SRT 10 will run alot like the Viper. Sorry on the low end and bada$$ on the big end.
Now about the price difference. The motor in the SRT 10 part# P5007084 retails for $16537.51 while the Lightning motor retails for $3593.33, a difference of $12944.18 so I think that is were most of price difference comes from. But, Lightnings will still own the road because you see them every day, while the SRT 10 will be rare kind of like the Viper. Don't get me wrong I love Lightnings, hell I've owned 2 of them. I just think if you are going to talk smack about the SRT 10 then you better be able to back it up. Thats beating them at the track and on the highway. These trucks are kinda like apples and oranges one bada$$ at the track while the other is bada$$ on the road
just my opinion, not trying to start trouble;)

cpeapea
11-24-2003, 06:44 PM
for that much money i hope the damn thing would run circles around me and reliably at that.

jcblack
11-24-2003, 06:56 PM
for that much money i hope the damn thing would run circles around me and reliably at that.I have seen two vipers at the track that broke some how. And a separate viper owner told me that you cant abuse them because they will break. The viper has some aerodynamics for the high speed driving, the SRT is a hugh hunk of metal going at the wind. I dont think that it will be like the viper on the highway. I'd like to see one roll up on 02Bolt, Rocks, or Autothrottle. I think those guys might have fun with a SRT.

03LightningRocks
11-24-2003, 07:12 PM
An old friend of mine is working at a dealership in Rockwall that is getting one, count em...one SRT-10.

I would be really surprised to see one at the track for a few years. If they are really only making 2500 of these, track time is not very likely....IMHO.

As far as beating a Lightning on the highway. Well let's just see them try to keep that Dodge suspension in control at 140 MPH, much less 180 MPH. Should be interesting though.

If it makes Ford up the anti on the Lightning, I am all for it.

Rocks:nana2

trublu02
11-24-2003, 07:13 PM
I have seen two vipers at the track that broke some how. And a separate viper owner told me that you cant abuse them because they will break. The viper has some aerodynamics for the high speed driving, the SRT is a hugh hunk of metal going at the wind. I dont think that it will be like the viper on the highway. I'd like to see one roll up on 02Bolt, Rocks, or Autothrottle. I think those guys might have fun with a SRT.
Man you are correct those Lightning would kill a STOCK SRT 10, but you know how you said that Vipers thats probably correct its not built for drag racing, but I bet 02Bolt wouldn't race a STOCK SRT 10 on a 45 punch on the highway to about 150 mph. Even though Rob could probably beat the STOCK SRT 10 and wouldn't risk it because by now every one knows that Lightning motors can't keep their RODS to themselves they rather blow holes out the stock block. And also how much money did it cost to get Robs truck were its at today. Rob sorry you got pulled into this matter.

jcblack
11-24-2003, 08:15 PM
Man you are correct those Lightning would kill a STOCK SRT 10, but you know how you said that Vipers thats probably correct its not built for drag racing, but I bet 02Bolt wouldn't race a STOCK SRT 10 on a 45 punch on the highway to about 150 mph. Even though Rob could probably beat the STOCK SRT 10 and wouldn't risk it because by now every one knows that Lightning motors can't keep their RODS to themselves they rather blow holes out the stock block. And also how much money did it cost to get Robs truck were its at today. Rob sorry you got pulled into this matter.ATTENTION LIGHTNING OWNERS!!!! OWNERS!!!! I dont think that anyone needs to do 150 in a truck period. Any WISE person that has a L knows when to get out of it. A stock srt10 would have to race Rob to 150 to win. Robs 11.70 to a stock srt. What if this and what if that. What if the raced from a 45 punch, who would win? Who actually wants to race from a 45 punch. ONLY people without low end. I have never known Rob to turn down any race and I feel sorry for the dude that wastes his money on a SRT and pulls up to Rob. Im sure that Rob will chime in on this when he gets back on the board. Tell them whats really goin on Rob.

Alpine
11-24-2003, 08:58 PM
Rob turn down a race with an SRT 10....:Bullshit Rob would race his dads stock Gen 1 for slips!:rll: I have been in Robs truck with the new configuration. Very safe tune, shifts at 5,100-5,200 rpm's(very low), 15psig, and have personally been in the truck at about a 140 mph on our way to the waffle house.:D That truck from a 40 punch pulls its a$$ off, your at 130 before you know it. The rods have kept themselves in the motor very nicely so far because he isnt stupid with his truck. Ther are ways to drastically reduce the chances of throwing rods. If his truck throws a rod,
(I am smart enough to know there is no guarantees)and he installs a built motor,Its still less than an SRT10. Now were talking 170mph and low 11's high 10,s(closed track of course i.e George w. at 2:00am:d )Lets do the math:

New L..........................30,000.00
k.b................................3,000.00
e-fan...............................500.00
t-body.............................400.00
built motor installed...........6500.00
tranny............................2000.00
cai,ram,thermo,traction,.......700.00
pulley,chip.........................500.00
QA1,s................................700.00
heat exchanger...................500.00
total...............1,000,000.00 dollars!:rolleyes: a little less less than a STOCK Srt 10 and would absolutely destroy it at any speed in my opinon. But it doesnt matter like Rocks was saying because you probably wont see one anyways.

Cant believe I got myself into this srt 10 biz because honestly I really dont care.:hammer: :hammer:
me me

tliss
11-24-2003, 10:29 PM
Mike,

I appreciate your comments and just want to make a few comments. I'm just thinking about how you said the SRT-10 will be like the Viper...crappy off the line but smoking on the top end. I may have to disagree. I am no engineer, but considering the SRT-10 will outweigh the Viper by around 2500 lbs (give or take), and it has aerodynamics that appear to be worse than the Lightning, I would bet top end would be very limited. Look at what MMFF did with a Lightning engine in a late 80s Mustang. Put a stock Lightning motor in 2800lb car and you run 10s :eek2: . But in a Lightning you have weight and aerodynamics working against you. The same thing will hold true when the Viper motor goes in the SRT-10. It may have 500HP, but it has to move a brick on wheels that weight 5200+ lbs without driver.

Just my $.02

Tom

trublu02
11-25-2003, 08:27 AM
Ah man I woke up this morning and realized that I was wrong to post good things about another truck on this forum, and for that I'm sorry. Haha what the hell was I thinking, we all know on this forum there is no such thing as another fast truck.:nono: :nono:

tliss
11-25-2003, 08:58 AM
Ah man I woke up this morning and realized that I was wrong to post good things about another truck on this forum, and for that I'm sorry. Haha what the hell was I thinking, we all know on this forum there is no such thing as another fast truck.:nono: :nono:
As of right now everything everyone says is speculation. Until the truck comes out and proves itself, it's just another truck (reminds me of all of the hype around the Chevy Silverado SS, which was supposed to be all bad-ass, but came out like a lame dog). If it does come out and it is all that they say it is, I will give it it's props. Until then I remain skeptical. I said I was not engineer, but my comments make sense (hey you engineer types, are my comments logical?). Technically the SRT-10 has not hit the streets, so there is no other fast production truck out there better than the Lightning. That's not to say that there won't be, but today, November 25, 2003, there is not.

Tom

Silver_2000
11-25-2003, 09:12 AM
As of right now everything everyone says is speculation. Until the truck comes out and proves itself, it's just another truck (reminds me of all of the hype around the Chevy Silverado SS, which was supposed to be all bad-ass, but came out like a lame dog). If it does come out and it is all that they say it is, I will give it it's props. Until then I remain skeptical. I said I was not engineer, but my comments make sense (hey you engineer types, are my comments logical?). Technically the SRT-10 has not hit the streets, so there is no other fast production truck out there better than the Lightning. That's not to say that there won't be, but today, November 25, 2003, there is not.

Tom
I have been flamed many times for trying to say the same thing....

trublu02
11-25-2003, 12:28 PM
Rob turn down a race with an SRT 10....:Bullshit Rob would race his dads stock Gen 1 for slips!:rll: I have been in Robs truck with the new configuration. Very safe tune, shifts at 5,100-5,200 rpm's(very low), 15psig, and have personally been in the truck at about a 140 mph on our way to the waffle house.:D That truck from a 40 punch pulls its a$$ off, your at 130 before you know it. The rods have kept themselves in the motor very nicely so far because he isnt stupid with his truck. Ther are ways to drastically reduce the chances of throwing rods. If his truck throws a rod,
(I am smart enough to know there is no guarantees)and he installs a built motor,Its still less than an SRT10. Now were talking 170mph and low 11's high 10,s(closed track of course i.e George w. at 2:00am:d )Lets do the math:

New L..........................30,000.00
k.b................................3,000.00
e-fan...............................500.00
t-body.............................400.00
built motor installed...........6500.00
tranny............................2000.00
cai,ram,thermo,traction,.......700.00
pulley,chip.........................500.00
QA1,s................................700.00
heat exchanger...................500.00
total...............43,000.00
3000 dollars less than a STOCK Srt 10 and would absolutely destroy it at any speed in my opinon. But it doesnt matter like Rocks was saying because you probably wont see one anyways.

Cant believe I got myself into this srt 10 biz because honestly I really dont care.:hammer: :hammer:
me meFirst of all let me help you with your math:rll: Total should be 44,800.00 next were can you get a brand new long block installed for 6500.00? Last time I looked on JDM the good long block was $10,200.00 just for the motor not including shipping and paying someone to put it in. I guess all the other mods have free labor. All I asked was will a stock L beat a stock SRT and this is were it got me(his truck is faster with mods his truck will beat it his truck, his truck, his truck. Yes ROB has a very nice truck all I ask was a simple question. Hell, I like both the trucks:tu:

David N
11-25-2003, 02:07 PM
here is a few pictures from few months back ..Dodge had 6 of them on track for the media to drive ..

http://www.prowleronline.com/ubb/image_uploads/vip_01.jpg

http://www.prowleronline.com/scrapbook/00000562/p8280025.jpg

Moonshine
11-25-2003, 04:40 PM
It is going to break tranny after tranny like they are in test units. :vomit:
Why do you say this? Isn't it the same tranny they put in the Viper? I haven't heard of Viper trannies being weak.

Silver_2000
11-25-2003, 05:28 PM
Why do you say this? Isn't it the same tranny they put in the Viper? I haven't heard of Viper trannies being weak.
Viper tranny pushing 2x the weight ..... Might be a problem

Moonshine
11-25-2003, 05:35 PM
Viper tranny pushing 2x the weight ..... Might be a problem
In a manual tranny powertrain isn't the weakest link, by design, the u-joints, followed by axle shafts, clutch, driveshaft, 3rd member, and finally tranny internals?

And does maximum tire adhesion play into this too?

Alpine
11-25-2003, 06:40 PM
First of all let me help you with your math:rll: Total should be 44,800.00 next were can you get a brand new long block installed for 6500.00? Last time I looked on JDM the good long block was $10,200.00 just for the motor not including shipping and paying someone to put it in. I guess all the other mods have free labor. All I asked was will a stock L beat a stock SRT and this is were it got me(his truck is faster with mods his truck will beat it his truck, his truck, his truck. Yes ROB has a very nice truck all I ask was a simple question. Hell, I like both the trucks:tu: Sorry about the math, I only made it to the fifth grade and cant count past five without my shoes off.I am very embarrased about my addition, you got me there! I have owned a lightning now for three years. I would like to tell everyone that after further thinking of what I posted, I absolutely dont know what the hell I am talking about.I apologize for all the incorrect info I have posted on this thread.I am not being a smart butt, just trying to say "I am sorry". Since I am an electrician, I dont know what its like to have a secretary to check my work. As you can see by my math skills,I am not an educated man. Its nice to have my own little guy checking my posts, this will come in very handy in the future......hey, can you spell check this for me ...fcuk fof!...after you get done checking my math again............2+2=5:nono:
Thanks man.

dboat
11-25-2003, 07:27 PM
Doug, thats because some people want to flame you no matter what you say and no matter whether you are wrong or right...

Dana

03LightningRocks
11-25-2003, 08:58 PM
No Doug, you got flamed because you said it like a butthole and insulted half the people who posted before you...:rll: .

Tom said it like this, :bows .

Rocks:beer:

03LightningRocks
11-25-2003, 09:07 PM
Sorry about the math, I only made it to the fifth grade and cant count past five without my shoes off.I am very embarrased about my addition, you got me there! I have owned a lightning now for three years. I would like to tell everyone that after further thinking of what I posted, I absolutely dont know what the hell I am talking about.I apologize for all the incorrect info I have posted on this thread.I am not being a smart butt, just trying to say "I am sorry". Since I am an electrician, I dont know what its like to have a secretary to check my work. As you can see by my math skills,I am not an educated man. Its nice to have my own little guy checking my posts, this will come in very handy in the future......hey, can you spell check this for me after you get done checking my math again............2+2=5
Thanks man.

fcuk fof!

That's it!!!!!!!!!!!!! JEFF AND MIKE, I WANT YOU BOTH TO HUG AND MAKE UP!!!!!!!:hammer:
:beer: Seriously guys, whats the big deal here? Don't let that damned Dodge put a wedge between the brotherhood.:beer:

Now cheer up....both of you. It is all suppose to be in fun.

Rocks:tu:

my2002lightning
11-25-2003, 09:10 PM
No Doug, you got flamed because you said it like a butthole and insulted half the people who posted before you...:rll: .

So, I guess I'm not the ONLY individual that's misinterpreted/misunderstood around here...

Hmm... :hammer: :tu: :D

Ronald

Silver_2000
11-25-2003, 11:34 PM

**** em, if they cant understand. They take **** too personal.
Idiots rule the asylum

03LightningRocks
11-25-2003, 11:46 PM
**** em, if they cant understand. They take **** too personal.
Idiots rule the asylum

Hey Doug,

Good evening. I have been anxiously awaiting your response to that post.

I figured you would get a kick out of my choice words of wisdom.

Slick Stealer, OOOOooooKKKKKkay, I see how it's gonna be.:d

Rocks:banned