PDA

View Full Version : Playing around with a Red Viper GTS in Frisco

my2002lightning
12-08-2003, 02:58 PM
Coming back from lunch at the apt., I saw this new red Viper GTS walking it's way through traffic behind me. I slow down and check his ride out at the next light. This guy looks to be about my age, etc.

We do the complimentary nod/wave and take-off pretty hard a few times. I can't get over how "ricey" those things sound in person under a good acceleration! :rolleyes: I've heard it's all in their piston firing-order.

It's pretty cool tearing through Preston traffic along-side a red Viper GTS. I can imagine everyone else - " What ?!? A red Viper and red L ?!?" :nana2

BTW, if you're around Plano/Frisco, keep an eye out for a red Viper GTS with http://www.alwayswebhosting.com (http://www.alwayswebhosting.com/) logo on the backglass.

Anyways, that was my ride back to the office.:D

Ronald

98Cobra
12-08-2003, 03:19 PM
I don't know how they sound, but they look pretty bad ass, IMHO. I sure wouldn't mind having a new one.

:tu:

Nuhklz
12-08-2003, 03:47 PM
[QUOTE=my2002lightningI can't get over how "ricey" those things sound in person under a good acceleration! :rolleyes: I've heard it's all in their piston firing-order.
Ronald[/QUOTE]

There's a prowler prowling in my neighborhood but I never paid attention to the sound. I'll have to listen for it and hope it also sounds "ricy". That ruins the whole stigma of the cars!

blueoval01
12-08-2003, 06:30 PM
Ronald, as I recall you got to "Play around" with a Silver L last Thursday night that got a pretty good look at you front bumper ..... :evil

nathan
12-08-2003, 06:38 PM
There's a prowler prowling in my neighborhood but I never paid attention to the sound. I'll have to listen for it and hope it also sounds "ricy". That ruins the whole stigma of the cars!

The prowler is a V6. The Viper is a 10cylinder. They sound very different. The viper with sidepipes sounded really bad (think UPS truck). The rear-exit exhaust sounds better (pioneered on the coupe). You actually can get a nice growl if you remove the rear muffler (I think they have 2 from the factory).

dboat
12-08-2003, 07:28 PM
Ronald, as I recall you got to "Play around" with a Silver L last Thursday night that got a pretty good look at you front bumper ..... :evil
Mark, nothing new there,,, remember he got owned by a Jeep going down to Ennis.. :throw:

Dana