PDA

View Full Version : The best brake pads.

microsuck
12-09-2003, 10:31 AM
okay, what does everyone think are the best brake pads to use?

PoorSvtman
12-09-2003, 12:10 PM
anything besides the $30 dollar ones from autozone. They work fine but dust like h3ll. I can wash my truck and within a few days my front wheels are a nice shade of gunmetal. :hammer:

But there better than the ones that the dealership put on when bought the L. Darn things squealed all the time.

Crawford
12-09-2003, 02:57 PM
I am really impressed with my NAPA Ceramics. I have them fron and back. Pretty expensive though.

microsuck
12-09-2003, 03:06 PM
I am really impressed with my NAPA Ceramics. I have them fron and back. Pretty expensive though.well, the most important factors to me are
1. wear on the rotors
2. dust level
3. stoping power
4. price

diablolightning
12-09-2003, 03:47 PM
well, the most important factors to me are
1. wear on the rotors
2. dust level
3. stoping power
4. price

so what are the minor factors:rll:

microsuck
12-09-2003, 04:42 PM
so what are the minor factors:rll:okay wise guy. I put them in the order of importance.:o

TP Derrick D
12-09-2003, 06:25 PM
okay, what does everyone think are the best brake pads to use?
I got Terry to hook me up with the EBC rotors and pads :d

microsuck
12-09-2003, 06:27 PM
I got Terry to hook me up with the EBC rotors and pads :di actually found a better deal for the rotors (they arrive tommorow) and now I just need the pads

L8 APEX
12-09-2003, 11:13 PM
i actually found a better deal for the rotors (they arrive tommorow) and now I just need the padsThanks for letting me know considering you already ordered them from me jackass:flaming: .

Alpine
12-09-2003, 11:46 PM
Thanks for letting me know considering you already ordered them from me jackass:flaming: .Terry, you must have alot of s*** around the shop from people ordering stuff and then backing out. I know you dont want to do it,but maybe you should start getting a deposit. Sounds like people are taking advantage of you.:hammer: So when is the "at cost" garage sale?:banana:

L8 APEX
12-10-2003, 12:03 AM
Yeah it adds up:hammer: I hate to ask a deposit of a club member but it may happen. I have a set of stainless headers w/ high flow cats, heat exchanger, drop kit, transmission build up kit, EBC's being shipped. Those are just the ones I remember at the moment. A little over $3K in special orders not picked up:Bullshit .

Silver_2000
12-10-2003, 12:04 AM
Yeah it adds up:hammer: I hate to ask a deposit of a club member but it may happen. I have a set of stainless headers, heat exchanger, drop kit, transmission build up kit, EBC's being shipped. Those are just the ones I remember at the moment. A little over $3K in special orders not picked up:Bullshit .
that sucks - Concerns me a LOT...

PoorSvtman
12-10-2003, 12:41 AM
Yeah it adds up:hammer: I hate to ask a deposit of a club member but it may happen. I have a set of stainless headers w/ high flow cats, heat exchanger, drop kit, transmission build up kit, EBC's being shipped. Those are just the ones I remember at the moment. A little over $3K in special orders not picked up:Bullshit .

I could use some headers (since i think my exhaust leak is from a cracked weld on the bassani shorty headers) and could use some new rotors as well.

If the stuff never gets picked up id be more than happy to take if off your hands after a few months :banana:

microsuck
12-10-2003, 01:38 AM
Thanks for letting me know considering you already ordered them from me jackass:flaming: .sorry dogg, i guess I left you out in the cold. I would have bought them from you had you had them in when I had the money. But you didnt. During the time I had to wait for them I had a few unfortunate expenses that needed attention. After that I didnt have enough for yours and had to get them at a price I could afford. my fault and i am sorry.

my2002lightning
12-10-2003, 01:54 AM
that sucks - Concerns me a LOT...
This reminds me of my Dad's cousin who went through a divorce and tried to sell a Desert Eagle pistol (among other goodies) to make it through the "battle".

People can be "vultures" at times...

99WhiteBeast
12-10-2003, 06:22 AM
I second what Crawford said on the NAPA Ceramics for stock rotors.

A little pricey but have a lifetime warranty- you wear them out and they get replaced FREE

microsuck
12-10-2003, 08:17 AM
This reminds me of my Dad's cousin who went through a divorce and tried to sell a Desert Eagle pistol (among other goodies) to make it through the "battle".

People can be "vultures" at times...:Bullshit
well since I had to bail my parents out of some trouble and took a hit for it, I dont think this was really a battle. it was more of me givving my family priority over modding my truck.

TXBLU
12-10-2003, 10:27 AM
Terry, Are the rotors and pads you have coming for the front only? In your opinion are the EBCs better than any other stock replacement rotors/pads? I've run EBCs on my race and street bikes for years and they always worked great. I will need front brakes in a month or so, and one of my rotors is gouged fairly deep (picked up a rock or something), so I will need rotors for the front and pads all around. Oh yeah, what's your price?

Thanks,

Eric:burnout:

L8 APEX
12-10-2003, 07:42 PM
Everything arrived today 1 full set of 01-04 rotors and pads. One full set of 99 rotors and pads, one set of fronts and pads for 01-04, and one full set of pads for 99-04. PM me on the details E.:tu:

TP Derrick D
12-10-2003, 09:19 PM
You're trying to run a biz-ness,it wouldn't hurt my feelings if you asked for a deposit or even a full payment in advance on orders. You have to pay up from when ordering from most business anyway, you're just being nice :) You probabaly got an idea who you need to get a deposit from, TALON or not. :nono:

TXBLU
12-11-2003, 10:15 AM
I would never have a problem with either making a deposit or paying the total cost up front. I know for a fact that there are too many people out there that don't stick to thier word, or have something 'come up' that prevents them from paying for what they ordered. Some folks say I have trust issues. On the contrary, I trust myself!;)