PDA

View Full Version : Beware of latest scam!

whitelightning'02
12-10-2003, 02:14 PM
I just got a call from someone that I won 2.5 mill in the Aussie lotto. Being the person I am, I took down all of the info. I was told to call right back to an 876 area code and ask for Tina. Yeah, Right! Luckily I was surfing and reading about the latest scams and was on the one about the Area code for Jamaica had changed and several of the numbers now in the 876 area code will cost $$$ to call them as well as the international charge. You won't even know about the charges till you get your phone bill. If anybody want's my 2.5 mill, I'll give you the number! :tu:

Lee

skalywags
12-10-2003, 08:53 PM
I'll take the money, just don't want the number!

jcblack
12-10-2003, 09:30 PM
I just got a call from someone that I won 2.5 mill in the Aussie lotto. Being the person I am, I took down all of the info. I was told to call right back to an 876 area code and ask for Tina. Yeah, Right! Luckily I was surfing and reading about the latest scams and was on the one about the Area code for Jamaica had changed and several of the numbers now in the 876 area code will cost $$$ to call them as well as the international charge. You won't even know about the charges till you get your phone bill. If anybody want's my 2.5 mill, I'll give you the number! :tu:

Lee
I heard about that before. People leave messages on your phone saying that a loved one is in the hospital, when you call the number you get charged lots of money. Sometimes people were getting charged $2000 +