PDA

View Full Version : Ported Eaton???

03'svtlight
12-12-2003, 01:28 AM
What do you guys think about REM claiming about 30hp across the rpm range on their ported blowers for about $295.00?? That wouldn't be bad if the torque was right there with it. Plus I would hate to risk sending "my" blower and a) getting a blower back that you know didnt come off of "your" truck or b) them saying it will be "only" a week and it winds up being a month. Anyway you are screwed. Sounds like that would be something to do if you had a spare blower laying around. But for someone like myself who is on somewhat of a budget (wife mandated), it doesn't sound like its too bad of a deal. Just may give'em a call 2morrow. :cool:

L8 APEX
12-12-2003, 01:32 AM
Apten is best know for their porting and one of their development customers was at Hallsville with us last weekend. He said it gained 16hp and tq arcoss the band. I believe his gains a lot more than REM. Of course he is running 19psi so he is beyond the limit of a stock Eaton. @12psi you won't see much if anything. The Eaton runs well to about 14psi then it needs some help.

nathan
12-12-2003, 01:40 AM
REM as in the guys in florida? Save your money. I'd buy a pulley or filter kit from them, but nothing they actually developed themselves. I made a huge mistake getting a motor from them. Some parts let go and when we did the teardown lo and behold the internals were *ahem* "different" from what the spec sheet said. Be afraid.

03'svtlight
12-12-2003, 08:41 AM
my point exactly...................... :throw:

02BOLT
12-12-2003, 10:03 PM
REM as in the guys in florida? Save your money. I'd buy a pulley or filter kit from them, but nothing they actually developed themselves. I made a huge mistake getting a motor from them. Some parts let go and when we did the teardown lo and behold the internals were *ahem* "different" from what the spec sheet said. Be afraid.

Man, that sucks! I feel for ya bro. Sorry Bastages!:hammer:

Thanks for the heads up!:tu:
Rob

03LightningRocks
12-12-2003, 10:35 PM
Man, that sucks! I feel for ya bro. Sorry Bastages!:hammer:

Thanks for the heads up!:tu:
Rob

Hey Rob.........you ever check your mail????????? I am going nuts waiting for the info on our new "secret project". Maybe we can get a 2 fer deal on both ends.

Call me...ya big goof.:d