PDA

View Full Version : Saddam Captured

99WhiteBeast
12-14-2003, 09:16 AM
The bastage was caught hidding in a dirt hole outside a farmhouse inTikrit- this will raise the troops moral:D

tliss
12-14-2003, 09:44 AM
I'm amazed at the kind of crap you find when you pick up a rock. Another pansy hiding in a hole. I'm glad they finally got that piece of sh!t.

Tom

L1nt2B
12-14-2003, 09:51 AM
For real? they got that POS

my2002lightning
12-14-2003, 09:52 AM
From what I've found out so far, he had some AKs, pistols and $750K in cash on him. Evidently, his ex-wife ratted him out b/c she wanted the bounty, since he hasn't been paying alimony, etc.

Now if he can lead us to bin Laden (assuming he's alive), that'd be good also.

Good job GW and the US military! http://www.ls1.com/forums/images/smilies/usa.gif

Here's one news url: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/

Ronald

andy_cain
12-14-2003, 10:41 AM
Great news....BUT, I am still amazed that with current technowledge and greed filled people that it took this damn long:hammer:

I am certain that if it were me that were "On the Run" I wouldn't be able to find a 6 foot hole to hide in that I couldn't be found or someone "give up my location":evil

Only big question I have is WHY take him alive and spend all the money on a trial...I guess they haven't ever heard of the use of a "throw down pistol":rll:

dboat
12-14-2003, 11:12 AM
Great news....BUT, I am still amazed that with current technowledge and greed filled people that it took this damn long:hammer:

I am certain that if it were me that were "On the Run" I wouldn't be able to find a 6 foot hole to hide in that I couldn't be found or someone "give up my location":evil

Only big question I have is WHY take him alive and spend all the money on a trial...I guess they haven't ever heard of the use of a "throw down pistol":rll:
Wayne,
I am on board with your post 100%.. however, there are some that said if he had been killed, then there were have been a number that would have looked at him as a martyr, and that is the last thing we need. My best guess is that they wont take him to The Hague for an international war crimes trial, because they do not have a death penalty. Instead, they will do the trial in Baghdad so that everyone can see it there. My personal favorite is string him up in the middle of town and let the people stone him to death, yes its a little Old Testament, and then after he dead, let them drag his lifeless body around the streets for everyone to see..
Whew, I feel better now..
Dana

my2002lightning
12-14-2003, 11:49 AM
Wayne/Dana,

It's all about getting all the intelligence from him that they can! The US can do as they want with him later. He's more "valuable" alive than dead.

I understand/agree with what both of you are saying, but as the old saying goes "Dead men tell no tales.".

Ronald

dboat
12-14-2003, 11:59 AM
Wayne/Dana,

It's all about getting all the intelligence from him that they can! The US can do as they want with him later. He's more "valuable" alive than dead.

I understand/agree with what both of you are saying, but as the old saying goes "Dead men tell no tales.".

Ronald
yep, if you can believe what he says..

andy_cain
12-14-2003, 12:00 PM
"Dead men tell no tales.".

Ronald[/QUOTE]
YES, BUT....they can be used to both send a message and be an example to others that would mimmic that behaviorial (SP) or mindset.:D
If he wasn't going to put up a fight when being captured, why not just surrender months ago before public perception was solidly formed.
As for a "Martyr", would killing Charles Mansion have made him a "Martyr"...eye for an eye:tu:

Final thought on the subject, Bin Laden capture better be short in the coming and I hope he puts up a fight or "off's" himself:evil

tliss
12-14-2003, 12:08 PM
Wayne,
I am on board with your post 100%.. however, there are some that said if he had been killed, then there were have been a number that would have looked at him as a martyr, and that is the last thing we need. My best guess is that they wont take him to The Hague for an international war crimes trial, because they do not have a death penalty. Instead, they will do the trial in Baghdad so that everyone can see it there. My personal favorite is string him up in the middle of town and let the people stone him to death, yes its a little Old Testament, and then after he dead, let them drag his lifeless body around the streets for everyone to see..
Whew, I feel better now..
Dana
You vindictive SOB! That's why I like you. :tu:

Tom

aliekitn99
12-14-2003, 12:44 PM

I believe either way Saddam (POS) is a dead man...he'll get shot on his way to trial or beaten to death while he's in jail. Even if he does get the death penalty, he'll be dead before it's carried out by the governing officials... just my 2 cents.

Congratulations to our fine troops!

Kim

my2002lightning
12-14-2003, 12:57 PM
"Dead men tell no tales.".

RonaldYES, BUT....they can be used to both send a message and be an example to others that would mimmic that behaviorial (SP) or mindset.:D
If he wasn't going to put up a fight when being captured, why not just surrender months ago before public perception was solidly formed.
As for a "Martyr", would killing Charles Mansion have made him a "Martyr"...eye for an eye:tu:

Final thought on the subject, Bin Laden capture better be short in the coming and I hope he puts up a fight or "off's" himself:evil[/QUOTE]

Wayne,

True, but the US has now OWNED him and his regime to the nth degree and the world knows this. The US can spin this capture anyway they want, now.

As for his personal surrender, I understand he's personally a coward and he surrendered with out incident. Evidently, he didn't have the "juevos" to use that last round. Saddam's gonna love his warm weather stay at Guantanamo to await his fate! :evil

Just think of the $$$$ generated by a Pay-Per-View/Super-Bowl final-chapter! :eek2: j/k...

Who knows what he was thinking as far as an earlier surrender, etc. Maybe we'll find out.

Personally, I would like to see OBL's capture versus an "OK Corral" ending. IMHO, it's all in the capture and "peeling away the layers of the onion" to figuring out how to eliminate the Al Quaeda / terrorism threat.

I for one am going to be GLUED to the net tomorrow watching the news and the overall economic reaction to this!:tu:

Going to be interesting!

Ronald
Also, who's watching GW's RE-ELECTION speech today with me ?!? :nana2

dboat
12-14-2003, 05:06 PM
Also, who's watching GW's RE-ELECTION speech today with me ?!? :nana2[/QUOTE]
What re-election speech? are you talking about his address around noon today where he announced the capture of SH?:confused:

my2002lightning
12-14-2003, 07:04 PM
Also, who's watching GW's RE-ELECTION speech today with me ?!? :nana2What re-election speech? are you talking about his address around noon today where he announced the capture of SH?:confused:[/QUOTE]
Dana,

I certainly hope it was the "opening-line" anyway... GW needs to keep up the momentum, nail OBL ... AND ... keep the economy headed up-hill!

http://members.tccoa.com/ssprayn/1414saddamowned.jpg

:nana2

Ronald

Wht95Lightning
12-14-2003, 08:13 PM
Sodium Pentathol(sp) is certainly in his future. I hope that once he is doped up and spilling the beans he will tell us all kinds of goodies. Like Where OBL is, where the WMD are and the names of his co conspitators in other contries like SYRIA.

Wht95Lightning
12-15-2003, 09:28 AM
http://webpages.charter.net/silverspurs21/SS/saddam.jpg
I wonder if the lizard Knows...

REXRENEGADE
12-15-2003, 01:12 PM
We should let the Iranians take care of him. I am sure they would love to PICKLE his sorry ASS! Isn't it funny how all infamous dictators meet their final fate.