PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you guys watch the ricer shows on Spike TV?

dboat
12-14-2003, 11:43 AM
I hate to admit it but I do find them ...um interesting... esp NOPI Tunervision, I would rather look at Dalene:eek2: than Stacey on Trucks! anytime.. some of the tech pieces are actually pretty decent as well. I realize its not all L related stuff, but some the cars they build up are darned fast and they dont always rice them out. Some of them have an understated exterior and not sure some of us would want to run into them on the street..
Anyone else on board with this? or will I now get :throw: for even mentioning this?
Dana

andy_cain
12-14-2003, 11:51 AM
I still haven't figured out yet what channel it is on Comcast cable at my crib:mad:
I am amazed at the work that Car Audio magazine shows most of the ricers:tu:
I myself am about to be in the market for a "New Project" but not likely "Rice" unless it is a Turbo Supra or G35 SC....:beer:

dboat
12-14-2003, 11:58 AM
I still haven't figured out yet what channel it is on Comcast cable at my crib:mad:
I am amazed at the work that Car Audio magazine shows most of the ricers:tu:
I myself am about to be in the market for a "New Project" but not likely "Rice" unless it is a Turbo Supra or G35 SC....:beer:
Any thought to doing a build up on the new G35 all wheel drive? go to go wet or dry? woo hoo.. they had a Supra Turbo on there just now, that is owned and driven by a young lady, 465 hp..:eek2: and that was at the wheels on the dyno..

oops, just showed the bikini contest... (long pause)

ok I am back now.. dont see that on Trucks! either

now they just showed another ricer doing 156 mph at the traps..

would never trade the L for rice but its not too bad a show to watch..

andy_cain
12-14-2003, 12:01 PM
Any idea what channel here in Allen????

Nuhklz
12-14-2003, 12:03 PM
...would never trade the L for rice but its not too bad a show to watch..

Ricemobiles aren't for me either but I have an appreciation and understanding for the amount of work and detail that some of the owners put into their rides.

I still love pulling up to one at a light, though. :d

Silver_2000
12-14-2003, 12:43 PM
Dalene has a nice rack...

Ignore the cars and check out the girls... At least half the show is dedicated to dalene interviews and the bikini contest...

dboat
12-14-2003, 12:45 PM

Ignore the cars and check out the girls... At least half the show is dedicated to dalene interviews and the bikini contest...
yep, like I said, beats looking at Stacey anyday.:tu:

StormShadow
12-14-2003, 01:55 PM
The only ricer show I watch is Extreme Elimination. That show cracks me up.

PoorSvtman
12-14-2003, 02:59 PM
I do. Im kinda still import guy. I miss my honda. It was fun making a 4banger fast enough to hang with a stock z28. My Si was clean and simple. No Rice, no wings, no stickers. Outside was stock except for my JDM Spoon rims. Still runs around arlington and still drinking a quart of oil a week probly.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/267102/slamed1.jpg

cpeapea
12-14-2003, 03:46 PM
a friend brought a lexus 4 dr sadan to my house one time. it had a 650 horse supra motor in it. total sleeper, wasnt loud or obnoxious, just had a decent set of tasteful rims on it. no wing

dboat
12-14-2003, 05:01 PM

At least half the show is dedicated to dalene interviews and the bikini contest...
Doug,
I didnt realize there was another part of the show:evil

skalywags
12-14-2003, 06:41 PM
Hey terry, this is kinda along this line? Did you get my PM?

dboat
12-14-2003, 08:36 PM
Well I feel a little better about the fact that I am not the only one here that watches these shows... :banana:

At least if I were to get flamed about it, there is safety in numbers.:evil

Dana

blueoval01
12-14-2003, 10:27 PM
I'm thinkin' that we really could care less what you watch, Dana. Unless it involves KalmaSutra positions. :evil

Then we all could use a bit of education. :rll:
You know, the nuts and bolts type :d

tliss
12-14-2003, 10:34 PM
I've seen some of these shows flipping through channels. What's that show with the two twin idiots....Hi-Rev Tunerz or something? That show cracks me up because those guys are total buttheads. Not something I watch on a regular basis, but I do watch sometimes. I particularly like Ridin' with Funkmaster Flex on Spike TV. Did you guys see what he did with Queen Latifah's Olds Cutlass??

Tom

L8 APEX
12-15-2003, 12:12 AM
I'm thinkin' that we really could care less what you watch, Dana. Unless it involves KalmaSutra positions. :evil

Then we all could use a bit of education. :rll:
You know, the nuts and bolts type :dYou should see the stuff Mark has on his PDA/Phone thing! Very interesting for a man with a daughter:eek2:

blueoval01
12-15-2003, 02:54 PM
Hey now .... http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6002/11MattMan_foshizzle.gif
It’s actually very educational for the positionally deprived. :D

wesman
12-16-2003, 12:00 AM
I watch em sometime....I suppose I'm a ricer too :rolleyes:

http://www.fritsche.org/%7Ewstrong/pics/CarPics/wes_350z.jpg

dboat
12-16-2003, 09:09 PM

http://www.fritsche.org/%7Ewstrong/pics/CarPics/wes_350z.jpg
that, or we have a bunch of closet ricers here.. although some of the cars that are built up are pretty nice...but rather have my L.. my heft fits in it better..:evil

tliss
12-16-2003, 10:47 PM

http://www.fritsche.org/%7Ewstrong/pics/CarPics/wes_350z.jpgWes...your "ricer-ness" in lacking, big time. That wing would need to be at least two feet taller, the ground effects need to be a different color, you need a front bumper that has a radiator opening that looks like a sperm whale's mouth, you have to have tasteless graphics on the sides on your car (perhaps paint sploches or some really crappy racing stripes...something like you'd find in your kids' Froot of the Looms), stickers for additional horsepower, and a giant coffee can exhaust pipe. You really suck as a ricer. :evil

Tom