PDA

View Full Version : Sad: 4 UNT students die on I-20

L8 APEX
12-19-2003, 10:25 PM
It was just on the news but I think it happened last night. They were coming back from a game in New Orleans, LA. The accident was on I-20 W near Longview. They were in a Honda type car and crossed into oncoming traffic. Then went head on with a F250 Super Duty hauling a trailer. I just heard the new 04 F150 is now a top crash rated vehicle. I assume someone fell asleep or such. Remember last year a guy fell asleep on the same road and hit a parked trailer on the road side and killed his wife and four kids I hope my kids don't call me paranoid for putting them in a decent size vehicle while they are young. The Honda they wer in was turned inside out and the F250 driver walked away.. I always thought a 3/4 ton 4wd FBI Suburban was a good start to surviving the streets. Very sad happenings the week before Xmas..:(

03'svtlight
12-20-2003, 12:07 AM
very sad

PoorSvtman
12-21-2003, 11:23 PM
Thats sad. Thats the one thing i dread about having kids. I dont know if i could handle getting a call about my kid(s) just died.

But on another note. No Honda is safe. I have wrecked 2. The worst one a garbage truck decided to pull across 3 lanes of rush hour traffic and i got lucky and T-boned his back tire going 45-50 on green oaks. Any faster id probly would have gone under neath it and possibly getting run over.